Battlefront's first Super Bundle is now available.

9 hours ago, Warts 'n' all said:

There was no mention of what the "Super Bundle" contained in the title of this thread, so one had to click on it to find out. Keep off the grass.

Hovering your mouse cursor over the thread title will display the first few lines of the message, champ. :P 

On 11/20/2021 at 8:33 AM, TJT said:

From the description:

Wouldn't it be better described as fictional near past instead? 🙃

Except Putin is massing forces on the Ukrainian border RIGHT NOW, 11/23/2021 and there is unpleasantly large chance of some version of this thing happening by Christmas. Given the optimistic force mix in Black Sea, I would even say the units are extraordinarily close. Battlefront had better hurry up with the winter weather module. Whether the U.S. actually wants to fight over Ukraine, or will do it anyway, is an unanswered question...

13 hours ago, Bufo said:

So because russia didn't do anything last summer, that means it will never happen?

I think it means that USA and NATO keep on dreaming about turning their cold war with Russia into a hot one and try to convince other nations to sign up for an attack. Their mindset is apparently: "If their's no success with Iran, maybe it will go better with Russia".

Edited by BornGinger

9 minutes ago, BornGinger said:

I think it means that USA and NATO keep on dreaming about turning their cold war with Russia into a hot war

Yes, Russia wanted to avoid war so they decided to forcefully occupy parts of Ukraine, as part of a peaceful demonstration against war.

Perhaps the reptilian overlords are just baiting the hook.  Meaning they plan on releasing new modern/CW content and want a bigger base into which they can perpetuate their upcoming control algorithms. 

And note that I have insider information, as JFK Jr and Sr have been calling my phone.  Phone thinks iit's spam but the random phone numbers are actually a numerology code that I've decoded as "buy BFC modern because they are going to release more DLC in that space.  more elitist world domination information to follow"

On 11/20/2021 at 5:02 PM, Vacilllator said:

I have none of the above, being a WW2 type of person.  But for sure, you are tempting me...

And now you understand the genius of the Bundle marketing strategy! Be advised that if all you've ever played are CMx2 World War II sims,and you do jump on this Bundle,  then you are in for quite the, and possibly traumatic, shock. My first outing in a CMx2 Modern game. wasn't CMSF, for there was no Mac version for a long time, so it was CMBS, where simply playing with it a bit in a QB WAS traumatic. In two minutes of combat over 40%of my Russian force had gone up in flames and the Americans were largely unscathed in their murderous run and gun tactics. All I had to show for the loss of most of a Tank Platoon and some 70% of a BMP-2 Platoon were one Abrams, one damaged (I think) and a Bradley. Felt so overwhelmed I started to freak out, acutely concerned that I'd shelled out, by my standards, a huge chunk of money for a game so overwhelming and brain demanding  I didn't think I'd ever be able to play it.

Expect a near vertical learning curve, for you'll have gone, even in CMCW, from something like 17 rounds to hit a fully exposed medium tank at 1000 meters to basically 1 round, coupled with massive-near astronomic increases in lethality. And where a WW II infantry carrying halftrack generally was no threat to a tank, an IFV most certainly is, often by both ATGM and auto cannon. And while the auto cannon can't generally kill a tank from the front, it may be able to do so from the side or rear. But even from the front, it can do severe damage via wrecking optics and even the main gun. A couple of bursts of 30 mm cannon fire to the turret front of one of my late model Abrams (M1A2SEPV3) badly degraded both target detection and gunnery accuracy, and Panzer Leader, a real life Abrams guy, found his in-game force badly cut up from Tungaskas in the same way.

Not only will WW II tactics frequently not work at all, but they will get your force butchered in record time. Highly recommend you watch game play videos, and I most certainly do NOT suggest you play in RT for quite some time, if ever. Never played any CM game ever in RT, for I know my own limitations, and PBEM is, to myself and many others, the way to go. The workload to play the Modern CMx2 games is far higher than for WW II, especially for those with the most potent weapon systems, in this case, the by far most demanding is CMBS because it is the closest to now in terms of not just advanced weapons but such weapons routinely used by both sides in peer on peer battle.

Regards,

John Ketller 

dan/california,

Even though I presently am not able to play CM anything because of TBI related late onset cognitive issues, I think yours is a very good idea, one which I support because it adds more elements to the game (not just direct weather, either), but also performance degradations to troops and weaponry, as well as a whole different set of visuals and tactical considerations. 

Regards,

John Kettler

3 hours ago, John Kettler said:

Even though I presently am not able to play CM anything because of TBI related late onset cognitive issues, I think yours is a very good idea, one which I support because it adds more elements to the game (not just direct weather, either), but also performance degradations to troops and weaponry, as well as a whole different set of visuals and tactical considerations. 

Ah, sorry John.  I wish you could play.  I had some neck surgery a while back and after it gave me headaches whenever I stood up.  I couldn't play either with the headaches.  I ended up going to the Mayo Clinic who were able to get the headaches stopped.  The procedure is only affective for 3-4 months right now, but each time I have it, there is a chance its permanent.  I'm still recuperating and I hope a doc can find something to help you too.

You are right about the modern titles.  They are brutal.  You have to be so careful and recon, recon, recon.  I love it!

20 hours ago, John Kettler said:

Expect a near vertical learning curve

John, thank you for your advice and taking the time to warn me, appreciate it. 

I'm a fairly recent PBEMer in all WW2 titles, but I'm starting to get my butt kicked less frequently 😄.  And I have never played real time, only WEGO.

I will consider your advice and it's my own fault if I still go down that modern road 👍.

On 11/24/2021 at 3:15 PM, danfrodo said:

Perhaps the reptilian overlords are just baiting the hook.  Meaning they plan on releasing new modern/CW content and want a bigger base into which they can perpetuate their upcoming control algorithms.

My super secret sources (not JK, honest), tell me that the reptillians are just shills for the Space Lobsters.  :ph34r:

Was it Dr. Who that uncovered the Reptilian Overlord plot?

Science Fiction Combat Mission should be a fan based micro DLC.  Battlefront could ask the fans a series of loaded questions of what they would like to see in a SF Combat Mission Theme (Starship Troopers, Space Lobsters, MechWarrior, Ogre...).   Maybe even something like Starship Troopers with mechs and dropships vs the Space Lobsters in Ogres.

Then what units and lastly the fans could provide the stats of the units.  Maybe Battlefront could contract out the graphics creation and it would be a win-win for a paid DLC module.  I'd pay $39.95 for that! You have to admit, something like that would go over like gangbusters on Steam. Nothing like it is available that mixes genres. 

Edited by Probus