Christmas 2021 Scenario Challenge

kohlenklau

FR Rumble at Reitwein

2304x976

This in an out-take from Fire&rubble that didn't get time to have tested to standard (though I have done many runs on it in Scenario Author mode, and in my own playtesting).

Meeting Engagement just to the west of Reitwein between Soviet 370 RD and attached armor elements versus elements of Reitwein area Volkssturm, Panther-Battalion "Brandenburg", a KG from the "Kurmark" Division, and attached stragglers from 9th FJ Division.

The scenario is fictional, but is derived from actions and forces in the area in attempting to enlarge/reduce the Soviet bridgehead over the Oder.

Play as either side. 1 plan for Axis, 2 for Soviet side. May also be suitable for HTH.

724854064_cmredthunder.exeScreenshot2021_11.07-11_16_33.97-Copy.thumb.jpg.631497a3e664efeda4e1eae6dc91818a.jpg

FR Rumble at Reitwein.btt

Edited by benpark

1 hour ago, Bartimeus said:

the rule is small scenario but we agree we can go for larger than 280x280 and 10 minute right ? 

yeah, no rules here for this scenario challenge! any size really, the discussion of the 208x208 with 10 minutes was just to show how small it COULD be dialed down to in order to make the fear of creation/completion decreased for first time scenario writers...etc etc

On 11/6/2021 at 4:34 AM, chuckdyke said:

If I was not completely green as an editor I would come up with a tactical withdrawal.

Every one who is making a scenario here has once upon a time been completely green in making scenarios. If you don't give it a try you'll never get over that state called "completely green". Give your idea a go with the scenario editor and your pixel troops might be home from the battle til christmas.

https://www.thefewgoodmen.com/tsd3/cm-final-blitzkrieg/cmfb-closing-the-door/

uploaded this quick 30 minute CMFB scenario.

Axis versus Allies, but maybe playable H2H.

Medium map but small number of fighting forces north east of Trois Ponts. 

This is the 16th of 35 scenarios built for soon to be completed Rollbahn D campaign trilogy. It is set on the afternoon 20th Dec 44.

"Tank fire echoes down the Ambleve valley. You control SG Knittels small rearguard at Petit Spai bridge, and now on full alert. 

The bridge is Peipers only tenuous supply route and from the sounds of gunfire the position seems to be under imminent threat.

Your soldiers need to grab as many Panzerfausts from the SPWs as possible and take up ambush positions as quickly as possible."

NB: The featured pic shows the approximate end location of the KGs only Hummel. Page 82-84 Duel In The Mist 2.

I really like the idea of  gift to the community for Christmas.
I made this 1st simple scenario (very) that I dared not propose, here is a good opportunity.
It is tagged and you have to put the tag folder in your z folder
July 8 general attack on Caen, the 59th Staffordshire rushes on the positions of the 12th Hitlerjugend, only one goal to take the Calvary !
Merry Christmas!!!

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/91t3pos5bo1k40d/AADNq2AfRtUgwRormX0tZQ99a?dl=0

a big thank you to those who propose a scenario

Edited by Falaise

On 11/8/2021 at 9:06 AM, theforger said:

https://www.thefewgoodmen.com/tsd3/cm-final-blitzkrieg/cmfb-closing-the-door/

uploaded this quick 30 minute CMFB scenario.

Axis versus Allies, but maybe playable H2H.

Medium map but small number of fighting forces north east of Trois Ponts. 

This is the 16th of 35 scenarios built for soon to be completed Rollbahn D campaign trilogy. It is set on the afternoon 20th Dec 44.

This was a fun little battle on a great looking map. And I am looking forward to getting back onto Rollbahn again soon.

Now for something completely different...

"On the Edge of Glori"

For CMFI, a saved game staged scenario. You load to your saved game folder and play from there against the AI.

The mods go in your z folder. Mods by me, Juju, Oleksandr and JM Stuff.

Please check out the READ ME FILE first...

It has a fairly long story briefing to set the stage for the scenario.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ht99cb3z52f2rm8/AAA-NN2t7Hzend4825M3xsUpa?dl=0

This may not be your cup of tea so I understand...

On 11/10/2021 at 5:41 PM, Sgt.Squarehead said:

All these new scenarios aren't helping my productivity.....Finished the map today, but then I got a bit distracted.....

Hey, if you work in the bordello, you take cash from the customers and hand out fresh sheets. None of this going UPSTAIRS and getting distracted!