Berlin CMRT Map

You Can, You only need 1 window or door on each facing to allow the troops to fire from all sides, some are for artistic purposes were I know there wont be much fighting. I have built a replica of of Goering air ministry (which stands today) and the windows work and there are entrances in certain parts of the buildings all blocks are interlinked from inside, if you look at big office blocks they don't have a door for each section, they deliberately design them so visitors and staff can only enter via certain doors ie receptions, then I have added doors at the back...I have also replicated the New Chancellory in the same manor windows work but you have to enter in the entrances. This is how the real buildings work take a look at your local office blocks, as for the Reichstag it had been a ruin since 1933 and was boarded up but i have added a few doors and again all linked up internally, as for the rest of the buildings they are 90% able to enter and fire from all levels through windows... There are some where I deliberately not added doors ie During Operation Herbetus the red soldiers in the Commissars building bricked themselves in, you have to use engineers to blow the walls to get in, same for Drajon during the German push to the landing area in Stalingrad. So please unless you have downloaded the Stalingrad Mod and seen these issues (if so report them to me) and ill fix if broken????? 

28 minutes ago, Glubokii Boy said:

If the actuall wall only has ONE window will the troops not bunch up around that one window instead of using several windows as is usual ?

No the game engine has been built like that, if one window on each facing the troops can fire from any where on that facing...haven't you noticed they fire through walls etc when in a building that has all the windows?????

1 hour ago, NPye said:

No the game engine has been built like that, if one window on each facing the troops can fire from any where on that facing...haven't you noticed they fire through walls etc when in a building that has all the windows?????

Yes...I guess that i have noticed that to some degree but i have always been under the understanding that the individual windows in buildings indeed made a difference. 

The men seems to align to the windows pretty well though. 

A german squad on the bottom floor with one window in what i would call 'a bunch'...

one.bmp

A germans squad on the second floor with multiple windows

multi.bmp

Using a full squad on the same floor may not be all that common...Here is one squad split into two...one section on each floor.

split.bmp

Bottom floor has 1 window top flooor has several.

20 hours ago, Glubokii Boy said:

Yes...I guess that i have noticed that to some degree but i have always been under the understanding that the individual windows in buildings indeed made a difference. 

The men seems to align to the windows pretty well though. 

I make these scenarios and buildings to try and get a more immersive game, the default buildings are well below the mark, ie CMFR the Brandenburg Gaye is a bridge a look nothing like the real thing, for me this is unacceptable so I made a version the gate, its not brilliant but the design limitations are huge in this game???? So please just don't use the mod if this affects you so much. I totally understand. Cheers

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm trying to produce a campaign for Berlin, i'm building the ,maps and have completely updated and redesigned the mod buildings so now all buildings can be entered and fired from, I found a new solution to do this and it seems to work well, I made a template of where the windows appear on the mod builds, then i either use the default windows with my graphics in them rather tan the other way round, also if cut out I also make a window that fits the space so I can use either, also i have copied the window default window space on the BMP them pasted into the window files, this works really well especially when the window is space is black so as long as the window fits all i have to do is convert the default window into black or dark grey and they hardly notice on the bmp, so this gives the impression of having the glass and frame completely gone and and looks bombed out which is the look I have always tried to achieve before. If anyone with campaign experience want's to join with me and build an amazing campaign then DM e. I've chose a campaign as this will eliminate any need for my complete collection of modded items which is huge. Cheers for viewing and would love to see what you think. 

1 minute ago, Thomm said:

This looks incredible, but why do you animate screenshots instead of showing actual video footage, including fighting?

Best regards
Thomm

I will do the battles haven't really been made yet, just test with QBs. Also my You Tube specs are quite low and always get a message saying video to long etc... Cheers

55 minutes ago, NPye said:

I'm trying to produce a campaign for Berlin, i'm building the ,maps and have completely updated and redesigned the mod buildings so now all buildings can be entered and fired from, I found a new solution to do this and it seems to work well, I made a template of where the windows appear on the mod builds, then i either use the default windows with my graphics in them rather tan the other way round, also if cut out I also make a window that fits the space so I can use either, also i have copied the window default window space on the BMP them pasted into the window files, this works really well especially when the window is space is black so as long as the window fits all i have to do is convert the default window into black or dark grey and they hardly notice on the bmp, so this gives the impression of having the glass and frame completely gone and and looks bombed out which is the look I have always tried to achieve before. If anyone with campaign experience want's to join with me and build an amazing campaign then DM e. I've chose a campaign as this will eliminate any need for my complete collection of modded items which is huge. Cheers for viewing and would love to see what you think. 

Hi @NPye look incredible beautiful, the maps seem to be very very big, where all are in, I cannot stop to check it in details, very good job, a cherry on the cake !

For infos I am working on another project, "dirt in the street", with all what we can find in war, paper books broken glass ammunitions dead bodies, furnitures...all from a ruined town...let you know when finish, I go back in the burning street...

hope that you will let us download all this beautiful details, but perhaps all existing already in your further big big download ??? I will check it !

I reconized also some wrecks it s a pleasure to see that what we do help sometimes !

JM

Edited by JM Stuff

2 minutes ago, JM Stuff said:

Hi @NPye look incredible beautiful, the maps seem to be very very big, where all are in, I cannot stop to check it in details, very good job, a cherry on the cake !

For infos I am working on another project, "dirt in the street", with all what we can find in war, paper books broken glass ammunitions furnitures...all from a ruined town...let you know when finish, I go back in the burning street...

hope that you will let us download all this beautiful details, but perhaps all existing already in your further big big download ??? I will check it !

JM

Awesome bud will fit in brilliantly on my mod... Can't wait to see. Cheers

I'm gonna make a campaign, that way it will eliminate the massive download all my modded files problem. Cheers

Edited by NPye

npye, these are really beautiful,  the alexandrplatz map is beyond astounding.   i think i found the aprox. location of a murder from one of the bernie gunter novels in one of your stills.  i really really  look forward to being able to download and play this campaign , if you are making it available.

my only question is,  how well is this going to run on my laptop?  it's a new acer nitro 5 gaming laptop, and it mostly runs the game well, tho large scenarios are iffy. guess there's only one way to find out, right?

thanks you for taking the time and effort to make this- it really looks to take the immersion up a few big notches.

cheers,

rob

20 hours ago, Vacillator said:

Nigel, looking very good if a little brutal for those poor panzer crews.  You know I like your videos but I think this one is missing some atmospheric (banging) techno music 😉.

LOL ill make sure the next 1 does. Cheers

9 hours ago, quakerparrot67 said:

npye, these are really beautiful,  the alexandrplatz map is beyond astounding.   i think i found the aprox. location of a murder from one of the bernie gunter novels in one of your stills.  i really really  look forward to being able to download and play this campaign , if you are making it available.

loved making that map, its the first really all city map ive made, from photos it was mostly occupied by commercial shops on the ground level then apartments above and the the huge Department store and Banhof and the large Alexander Haus block, and the Carl Wolf shop was actually there where i've placed if although I need to change it to Karl Wolff. They are not huge maps but there alot of extras and flavour objects on all maps which add to the size. Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

LOL I made that music in Garageband...no copyright issues on youtube as i own it. I haven't made the battles yet but this map I could give you, good for QB but only if you have a big dropbox so i can add all the mods? My dropbox is nearly full and its quite a few gigs worth of mods?