Berlin CMRT Map

6 hours ago, NPye said:

done. and....holly crap!!! wow, this is really beautiful and it isn't slowing down my laptop.  you, sir, are a wizard, and many many thanks for creating this for us.   one question, though... wasn't there a map with alexanderplatz and anhalter  bahnhoff, or am i missing files?

again, thanks.

cheers,

rob 

I can see why you wanted to release this one. Holy crap! These maps are excellent! Top notch stuff Npye, I love the train station you did in particular. It feels so different looking at that,  as if you're not playing CM anymore. I'm afraid to even fight over it.

52 minutes ago, Artkin said:

I can see why you wanted to release this one. Holy crap! These maps are excellent! Top notch stuff Npye, I love the train station you did in particular. It feels so different looking at that,  as if you're not playing CM anymore. I'm afraid to even fight over it.

LOL Thanks bud means a lot... I have a seperate scenario for the Lehrter bahnhof, fighting inside, it's hell for the Soviets, 100 Fallschirmjagers can take a lot of shifting,,, I have about 8 more scenarios including The advance on Moabit Prison, the soviets have a choice then can battle for the prison, taking casualties, and release the prisoners who you can use to fight the Germans there are no points benefit so you don't have to do it, it's a moral question as much as a military one. If you don't release them then they will be executed by the SS guards???? But there is a twist which i can't give away. 

This how it's going:

Zhukov's Army Group

The Eastern Approach:

1), Zhukov advance down Frankfurter Strasse to get to Central Berlin.

2), Zhukov advance to Alexanderplatz to get to Central Berlin.

3), Zhukov advance to Museum Island in Central Berlin.

4), Zhukov advance down the Unter Den Linden in Central Berlin.

The North West Approach:

1), 3rd Shock Army advance down Moabit Strasse to get to Central Berlin.

2), 3rd Shock Army Assaults The Lehrter Bahnhof to get to the Reichstag.

3), 3rd Shock Army force crossing of the Moltke Bridge and Assaults Himmler's House.

4), 3rd Shock Army try to Assault The Reichstag.

5), 3rd Shock Army Assault's The Kroll Opera House.

6), The Final Assault on the Reichstag, including the Red Flag teams that must place the flag on the Reichstag to win.

Koniev's Army Group

The South Eastern Approach:

1), Koniev's advance through the Suburbs to get to Central Berlin.

2), Koniev's Assault on The Anhalter Bahnhof and moving up Saarlandstraße to get to the Tiergarten (hoping to beat Zhukov and Assault the Reichstag) and advance up Saarlandstraße to assault Potsdamer Platz Columbus Haus and Potsdammer Bahnhof. 

3), On the right flank the Armies advance up Wilhelmstrasse, to Assault, Luftwaffe Air Ministry, Kaiserhof Hotel, Goebbels Propaganda and Ministry of Enlightenment and finally the New Reichs Chancellery and find Hitler's body, (hidden in the Ministry Gardens).

I would love to make. campaign, where both Zhukov and Koniev race to take the Reichstag. I may try but that will be a while away. 

Cheers to everyone who downloaded the Mod, would love to see some screen grabs or video of the action. 

1 hour ago, quakerparrot67 said:

great footage, and thanks for the superintense mike scott tune.  i saw the waterboys b.i.t.d., opening for someone i can't remember.  i liked the show but never delved any deeper into them.  might have to fix that now....

cheers,

rob

Wow wish I saw them in the 80s, this song is awesome the end is about how he thought he was going home...but Stalin decided they had become to westernised and sent them to a Gulag in Siberia instead.... Unbelievable...

his vocal there is amazing- the pain and outrage in his voice... i'd put this song right up there with the pogues' version of 'and the band played waltzing matilda'  for gut impact.  when i saw them -  '85-'87ish- they opened for maybe u2 or the alarm, someone celtic and not very subtle, iirc. fun times.

i was wondering- could you be persuaded to take on a map commission? i'd be willing to talk compensation, of course.  it would be a visual update to the 'boys against men'  market garden map and scenario.   let me know by pm if it's something you'd be  interested in.

1 hour ago, quakerparrot67 said:

his vocal there is amazing- the pain and outrage in his voice... i'd put this song right up there with the pogues' version of 'and the band played waltzing matilda'  for gut impact.  when i saw them -  '85-'87ish- they opened for maybe u2 or the alarm, someone celtic and not very subtle, iirc. fun times.

They certainly were bud... I saw loads of bands and still do, I even saw the Clash in 81...lol Man im gettin old lol

17 hours ago, Vacillator said:

Love that middle shot Nigel, excellent.

Yeah me too, round about then in Newcastle City Hall.  More regular gigs were Hawkwind and Motorhead though 👍.

Cool I've seen Hawkwind a few times and loved MH but never saw them...

The Lustgarten (Pleasure Garden) is a park on Museum Island in central Berlin, near the site of the former Berliner Stadtschloss (Berlin City Palace) of which it was originally a part. At various times in its history, the park has been used as a parade ground, a place for mass rallies and a public park.

1tp4sA.jpg

Lustgarten 1870.

1tpBO0.jpg

Lustgarten 1933, Nazi mass rally.

1tp9yF.webp

Lustgarten 1939 with the Berliner Dom in the background.

1t703q.jpg

Lustgarten 1945

1tpmUD.jpg

Lustgarten today.

1t7prv.png

Lustgarten Battle for Berlin Mod. Download here: https://www.thefewgoodmen.com/cm-mod-warehouse/combat-mission-red-thunder/cmrt-scenery/cmrt-battle-for-berlin/

1t7SLb.png

2 hours ago, NPye said:

The Lustgarten (Pleasure Garden) is a park on Museum Island in central Berlin, near the site of the former Berliner Stadtschloss (Berlin City Palace) of which it was originally a part. At various times in its history, the park has been used as a parade ground, a place for mass rallies and a public park.

1tp4sA.jpg

Lustgarten 1870.

1tpBO0.jpg

Lustgarten 1933, Nazi mass rally.

1tp9yF.webp

Lustgarten 1939 with the Berliner Dom in the background.

1t703q.jpg

Lustgarten 1945

1tpmUD.jpg

Lustgarten today.

1t7prv.png

Lustgarten Battle for Berlin Mod. Download here: https://www.thefewgoodmen.com/cm-mod-warehouse/combat-mission-red-thunder/cmrt-scenery/cmrt-battle-for-berlin/

1t7SLb.png

You seem to have labelled the black and white photo of a Anti-Fascist demo as a Nazi mass rally. A bit confusing.

Edited by Warts 'n' all

37 minutes ago, Warts 'n' all said:

You seem to have labelled the black and white photo of a Anti-Fascist demo as a Nazi mass rally. A bit confusing.

LOL I just saw the crowd and assumed, just goes to prove, one should not presume anything. Cheers for pointing this out, I will relabel.

30 minutes ago, Warts 'n' all said:

I can't find out which organization used that triangular emblem, but the flags suggest some kind of international anti-fascist group.

How about this:

https://ghdi.ghi-dc.org/sub_image.cfm?image_id=2580

From 1948 not 1933 - I was wondering about the state of some of the buildings...

3 minutes ago, Vacillator said:

From 1948 not 1933 - I was wondering about the state of some of the buildings...

Excellent research... the Lustgarten has been used for many political purposes... I can't edit the post????

Edited by NPye