Berlin CMRT Map

On 1/9/2023 at 11:43 AM, Warts 'n' all said:

I think the mod has the potential of providing a couple of decent campaigns.

Sadly, some of the flaws from Version 1 with regards the scenarios themselves remain, e.g. victory locations missing or not matching the briefing, poor deployment both of initial set-up troops and reinforcements. 

The most extreme example being "Kroll Opera House". Not only is the Opera House NOT marked as a victory location, it is also covered by the red Russian set-up zone. But, this kind of thing can be ironed out. It depends on how much time Nigel has, and how much help he gets.

Hi i've got RT running on a very slow old iMac but I can put things right at least, so if you have any issues can you let me know by monday... I know about The Opera House with no Germans included and no Victory locations, I think I posted the wrong one... Cheers

RkGRIF.png

Watch out for this important update next week...

Battle for Berlin Notes V2.1

After feedback from the BF community I have updated and put right a few issues on some of the scenario maps including:

• Set up of the forces was wrong on some of the maps. Fixed.

• Missing Axis troops. Fxed.

• Mission Objectives missing on Kroll Opera House. Fixed.

• A map was missing completely called Assault the Reichstag. Fixed.

• Plus some other minor issues fixed.

If you note anything that looks wrong, please contact me and I will look into.

New scenarios coming soon. Thank you for your time.

Edited by NPye

RkGCQq.png

Battle for Berlin V2.1

After feedback from the BF community I have updated and put right a few issues on some of the scenario maps including:

Set up of the forces was wrong on  some of the maps. Now fixed.

• Missing Axis troops. Now fixed.

• A map was missing completely called Assualt the Reichstag. Fixed.

Put all these scenarios in your CMRT Scenarios Folder and click yes to replace.

Thanks Spike (Warts and All) for all your help.

DOWNLOAD LINK

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1k_yxmQ79p6N9tgssnPEbuSsLtU0hU-ku/view?usp=share_link

RkGCQq.png

Battle for Berlin V2.1

Set up of the forces was wrong on  some of the maps. Now fixed.

• Missing Axis troops. Now fixed.

• A map was missing completely called Assualt the Reichstag. Fixed.

Put all these scenarios in your CMRT Scenarios Folder and click yes to replace.

Thanks Spike (Warts and All) for all your help.

DOWNLOAD LINK

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1k_yxmQ79p6N9tgssnPEbuSsLtU0hU-ku/view?usp=share_link

16 minutes ago, Anonymous_Jonze said:

Assault on the Reichstag mission is really cool, but I don't think the Germans are set up properly. Their AT guns are facing the wrong way and the vast amount of their infantry are just deployed out in the open in front of the Reichstag. 

That scenario should only be played as the Soviets bud??? When played as the soviets the AI sets the Germans up correctly. Cheers

Just now, NPye said:

Hooooo hold your horse Nigel @NPye witch version we have to download to have "the correct patches" just joking why you put so much download, are you yourself lost with all yours mods 😁.

Ok never mind I will find the last cry. !

Cheers

Just whoaaww all battles updated, this must be in the air that everybodys uptdated all theirs games ! cool time 😎

I like very much yours pictures, I was thinking to have now the uniforms and gears that they are wearing on, no again a joke Nigel dont worry, appreciated really the job that you do for the community.

Cheers

15 hours ago, NPye said:

That scenario should only be played as the Soviets bud??? When played as the soviets the AI sets the Germans up correctly. Cheers

Nope, I was playing as the Soviets. The German troops have their guns facing the wrong direction, and a lot of squads are just in the front of the buildings, no cover. It's minor, but I just thought I'd let ya know

Edited by Anonymous_Jonze

The Germans are deliberately placed there, (the Monument ruins) as they were in the real battle, they have trenches all around for cover? The guns are placed by the AI that I setup so I don't know what to do about that??? Can you let me know if you have trenches in that area please bud? Spoiler there are loads of troops in and around the Reichstag area. Cheers

10 hours ago, NPye said:

The Germans are deliberately placed there, (the Monument ruins) as they were in the real battle, they have trenches all around for cover? The guns are placed by the AI that I setup so I don't know what to do about that??? Can you let me know if you have trenches in that area please bud? Spoiler there are loads of troops in and around the Reichstag area. Cheers

You can give AI units a facing by using ALT left click after you place the waypoint/location order.

On 1/7/2023 at 12:14 PM, NPye said:

No it's only a QB at the moment, may turn into something bigger?????

Heres the map

RDRQBH.png

The map has some great vantage points allowing for foo's etc.

RvoVLD.jpeg

RvoKPk.jpeg

The Siegfried Lines Dragon's Teeth

RvY5GK.jpeg

Some nice rocky textures...

RvYUge.jpeg

Some Ruins...

Rvo3ra.jpeg

and some mossy textures...Work in progress, I have made it more muddy since these screens. Cheers

Hey Nigel! Looking great! 😎 After all that Berlin marathon this should be a great relief to you now...Hehe 😁 Is that one based on historical area or "just" hurtgen forest theme inspired?  (I guess the latter)

1 hour ago, RockinHarry said:

Hey Nigel! Looking great! 😎 After all that Berlin marathon this should be a great relief to you now...Hehe 😁 Is that one based on historical area or "just" hurtgen forest theme inspired?  (I guess the latter)

Ya I made this one up based on what i've seen, just pleasure to design some country maps again...Cheers

9 hours ago, NPye said:

Ya I made this one up based on what i've seen, just pleasure to design some country maps again...Cheers

Well done, bud! Reminds me I´ve at least half a dozen hurtgen forest area maps in various stages of completion. Still got to check CMBN V4.04 patch to see if BFC has fixed the pillbox vulnerability bug. Likely not I guess. That one got me stop further working on related missions. Even did the job for the glorious BFC hamsters investigating that bug (thanks for nothing guys) and figured its most likely cause. BFC didn´t find it worth investigating and fixing it. Well... half a dozen missions scrapped. Thanks again. 🍻

Hm..... wasn´t there another solution? 🤔 I recall something right now... https://community.battlefront.com/topic/135382-custom-3d-models-and-mods-compilation/?do=findComment&comment=1962034

T1rm6M.png

This is the Potsdamer Platz Map, and the right is just after the battle for Berlin. It's not 100% but looks like I got some correct. The street in the foreground is Prince Albrecht Strasse, The main building is The Luftwaffe Flying Club, (Still There) Behind that is the famous Herrenhaus, (also still standing), then after that is Leipziger strasse, with the totally destroyed huge department store, to the left of that is Leipziger Platz, and behind this is Voss Stasse, which held the New Reichs Chancellery, then the Chancellery Gardens with Hermann Goering Strasse to its left and just visible is Himmler's Villa in the top centre. Cheers

2 hours ago, NPye said:

T1YXvi.jpeg

Left is a section of the New Reichs Chancellery Map and right is the real thing, interesting to see how close one can get???? 

not perfect, but unbelievably close.    your berlin has passed 'market garden' as my favorite module  or major addition to a base game,  and 'mg' was the reason i got cm in the first place.  the only thing i can imagine being better would be you doing market garden (or at least a couple of maps, mods, and scenarios).     can't wait to see what you do next!

cheers,

rob

5 minutes ago, quakerparrot67 said:

not perfect, but unbelievably close.    your berlin has passed 'market garden' as my favorite module  or major addition to a base game,  and 'mg' was the reason i got cm in the first place.  the only thing i can imagine being better would be you doing market garden (or at least a couple of maps, mods, and scenarios).     can't wait to see what you do next!

cheers,

rob

Very Kind Words Rob.. Cheers mate... MG, you never know...lol