Berlin CMRT Map

1 hour ago, NPye said:

Mate this game just is not suited for internal battles and decor...the train stations are open so you can fight in them, the idea of the prison is you HAVE to blast the walls to release the prisoners... I made that deliberate? Cheers bud

What I mentioned is an issue on just about every map released. 

Just checking... the mod package refers to "Quick Battles" and "Quick Battles Older"...  Are these actual battles to go in the SCENARIOS folder or simply quick battle maps to go in the QUICK BATTLE MAPS folder?  And should we keep both  the newer files as well as the older ones even when named similarly (eg the two Unter Den Linden files)?

Just caught up on this one.  I assume the issue is that fighting inside large buildings only really works in the game if the said buildings are compartmentalised into connected smaller buildings, and then, fighting through the connected walls is not really correct?  Or am I missing the point?

Edited by Vacillator
Trying to remove a huge void at the end of the post, I must have voided myself.

Just now, Erwin said:

Just checking... the mod package refers to "Quick Battles" and "Quick Battles Older"...  Are these actual battles to go in the SCENARIOS folder or simply quick battle maps to go in the QUICK BATTLE MAPS folder?  And should we keep both  the newer files as well as the older ones even when named similarly (eg the two Unter Den Linden files)?

All QBs go in your Qbs folder, if they are the same name use the one that is the latest, they are probably the same. ????? Cheers

1 minute ago, Vacillator said:

Just caught up on this one.  I assume the issue is that fighting inside large buildings only really works in the game if the said buildings are compartmentalised into connected smaller buildings, and then, fighting through the connected walls is not really correct?  Or am I missing the point?

As it stands you can fight through buildings, the Huge Luftwaffe Ministry is completely connected, so is the New Chancellery, The Reichstag and loads of bigger builds are able to fight in, although I personally don't like it as the interiors looks rubbish and is very difficult to see what you are doing, the Prison has to be blown by sappers, every other building hs normal windows and doors to enter and fire from which is how it should be IMHO. But the user can go through the builds if he likes using sappers to blow walls, this happened more in Stalingrad, in Berlin the Soviet Infantry generally advanced on land with Tank support acting in teams to flush out infantry and the tanks would then destroy the enemy positions. I think we should also remember that bombed out buildings are often just shells no stairs potentially booby trapped and very slow going climbing over the rubble.

So you can do both, whatever tactics you choose the maps are there and can be used internally or externally. The buildings have copied original buildings ie, There are only 2 - 3 entrances to the New Chancellery, I have made it the same, you have to enter through these reception areas or blast in? If anyone thinks that's not correct go look at any gov or commercial building were you live and see how they control how the building is entered. Cheers

Thanks Nigel, I think I need to get in those buildings and see how they work.  I was also thinking that the issue might be that you had to 'construct' the large buildings by sticking smaller buildings together.

I haven't spent a lot of time on the stock Berlin stuff like @benpark's fine work, but I assume the large buldings work in a similar way?  Again, something I need to get in and try.

Nothing connects in the Reichstag.

There is not a single interior door that connects modular building to another. I understand why you would leave out a door and assume it was blocked off. But as I said, this is a problem on every map.

I can find plenty of inaccessible buildings elsewhere throughout the maps.

Edited by Artkin

4 minutes ago, Artkin said:

There is not a single interior door that connects modular building to another. I understand why you would leave out a door and assume it was blocked off. But as I said, this is a problem on every map.

What map are you looking at?

13 minutes ago, Vacillator said:

hat you had to 'construct' the large buildings by sticking smaller buildings together

Yes bud when you look at bombed out builds that's how they are built room to room, space to space. If the buildings have courtyards then they should be accessible ...if enclosed I will have connected the important ones as I have in the Kaiserhoff Hotel. But some will be closed off and the player will have to blast. The default is when buildings join no windows are placed where the buildings join.

Edited by NPye

13 minutes ago, Artkin said:

Send me a screen grab please, as far as i'm concerned all key buildings are enterable, there are a few flavour object buildings purely for aesthetic purposes... and some I have deliberately blocked off.

Just now, NPye said:

There is not a single interior door that connects modular building to another.

That's not true bud there are loads, if they are one block, if they are separate then no you wouldn't expect to have doors to your neighbours building, would you?

19 minutes ago, NPye said:

That's not true bud there are loads, if they are one block, if they are separate then no you wouldn't expect to have doors to your neighbours building, would you?

I was talking about the Reichstag building..... on the Reichstag master map. 

The outside is enterable where you have left a door, but you will have to blow your way through every single wall in every single direction (inside the building) after that. The same exact issue lies with the museum on the same exact map.

Try the Reichstag Scenario Not Master Map, remember mate you can go and edit to suite your style???? You don't have to stay with what i've done? And what do you mean by Museum? There is no Museum on that map???

Edited by NPye

1 hour ago, Artkin said:

Same exact issue in every version of the map. To be fair I had the same criticism of Benparks map. 

Give it a rest son. If you don't have anything constructive to offer I might have to call on Mr Axeman. He needs to get his swinging arm in before the 30th Jan, or Bonce Napping Day as we call it in the Commonwealth.

3 minutes ago, Warts 'n' all said:

Give it a rest son. If you don't have anything constructive to offer I might have to call on Mr Axeman. He needs to get his swinging arm in before the 30th Jan, or Bonce Napping Day as we call it in the Commonwealth.

What I said was "Constructive". Do you have anything worthwhile to add?