Berlin CMRT Map

33 minutes ago, Artkin said:

Yeah I'm not interested in spending hours adding doors to the Moltke bridge map (Like I did last time). 

You don't have to bud, the scenario brief is for the Soviets to capture the Bridge and The ministry for the interior and Himmler's house. These buildings are all correct for window and door placement. If you go to any other places there is no point as you wont get any mission points and just lose soldiers which will affect your score?????????? Read the briefings play it and most importantly add all the graphic files to get the most out of this MOD?????????

7 minutes ago, Artkin said:

And how about the master map? 

There's no justifying it, the buildings are inaccessible and it's not restricted to just the (former) Moltke Bridge map

Send me a screen shot, i dont know what you are talkin about??????

9 minutes ago, NPye said:

Send me a screen shot, i dont know what you are talkin about??????

Here is the museum. The entire interior in unusable unless you bring an entire sapper battalion for this single building. The Reichstag has the same issue.

CM-Red-Thunder-2023-01-05-18-37-48.png

And the inaccessible interior:

CM-Red-Thunder-2023-01-05-18-37-53.png

Now if anyone has anything constructive to add, I'd like to hear it. If not, why even bother commenting?

1 minute ago, Artkin said:

Here is the museum. The entire interior in unusable unless you bring an entire sapper battalion for this single building. The Reichstag has the same issue.

CM-Red-Thunder-2023-01-05-18-37-48.png

And the inaccessible interior:

CM-Red-Thunder-2023-01-05-18-37-53.png

Now if anyone has anything constructive to add, I'd like to hear it. If not, why even bother commenting?

You will never fight in this building for one and 2 there are doors on all exterior parts of this building, This is where the Soviets set up dude you don't need to go in there... And yet again you don't add the mod in full it's just the crappy default buildings.... You are being misled because you are not playing the scenarios and reading the briefs. Most people do not expect to move through the interior of building that will never be used but if you did you can fire from the outer buildings, I cant help if this is what the default building game engine does and quite frankly I would not be inclined to add all these doors (which takes ages) for a building that really will not ever see action. For christ sake mate, this mod is not for you bud, you didn't add the graphics on version 1 and it seems you won't on version 2....So what's the point of you downloading, I stand by my case so please bin it as I will not change this particular instance, as it's not required. 

I typically refrain from even bothering past my first couple posts if people don't understand. I don't understand how people find the time to write thousands of words in their posts. But I will explain this time.

Why I won't add your mod pack:

1. It makes my game take ages to start.

2. It makes every every other house in my pbems look like berlin (As in half the houses have custom textures and half of them don't), I love when my pbems or personal games look retarded.

3. I don't feel like moving 5.7gb of mods every time I want to play regular CMRT. I could install two versions of the game but... it's really not that big of a deal to me.

4. The maps look sort of fine (nothing looks too ridiculous) without the textures so it's not the end of the world.

5. I understand youre a texture artist but I don't spend hours looking at how beautiful the scenery is. I infinitely prefer a playable map than appearance. Form ALWAYS follows function.

The mod has been out for all of two days. If I want to install the texture pack you can't play it down that I haven't done so already. Wait a week, my god. I barely even looked at the maps yet. Let alone install the mods.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You fail to make a decent point. I told you this issue is not limited to the Reichstag map nor the scenario map either. I can create my own scenario on your master map but I can't use any of the buildings. That is just so much fun to me.

Let's take a look at the maps and comment a bit.

Moabit Prison: The junctions of the 8story apartments (North West) are inaccessible. The prison itself is nearly entirely inaccessible, defenders can't change positions to fight, and attackers can't get in without explosives. If you were simulating blocked walls then why is there not one single doorway in the prison's wings? Actually scratch that, there is 1 wing with doors (on one side only) on the first floor only. The conglomeration of apartments in the south west could use some work too. It's impossible to access the courtyards unless you go through one of the three exposed doorways on the Western side.

Berlin Flak Tower: Apartments in the south are accessible, but the houses were done fast and there are windows poking against walls everywhere (inbetween connecting buildings) Flak tower looks good but there are one sided doors, and there are only doors on the first floor (So you can't change position without first going to the bottom floor). For gameplay, that is frustrating. Especially since your troops don't break contact when they run downstairs and will get shot to pieces. It's always safer to retreat backward into a connecting building.

Museum Island: has a lot of buildings that are inaccessible. The grand square building with the two massive courtyards was finished on the outside, but the central part of it has no doors.   South side has quite a few too, but mostly limited to buildings which are connected to others. Providing screenshots for this one.

CM-Red-Thunder-2023-01-05-19-16-45.png

Some are completely inaccessible, some have doors on the canal side only:

0CM-Red-Thunder-2023-01-05-19-17-53.png

Some more interesting urban design:

CM-Red-Thunder-2023-01-05-19-20-30.png

Frankfurter: Looks good, just a few small inaccessible areas.

Konev Assaults a Bridge: Looks better than most, but a few inaccessible buildings. Also some that are not fleshed out. For example the State Library has no door beyond the front door. So you enter and you can't go anywhere. Instead every building is accessible from the outside, only very few are connected from the interior. Not sure about you, when I use my library I don't have to walk outside to access a different room. The hospital on the same map shares the exact same issue. I see more buildings which are connected together by an inaccessible building. There are a few buildings on corners which are entirely inaccessible.

Konev over the Landswehr Canal: A few connecting buildings without doorways.

THE REICHSTAG: Which is very clearly the centerpiece of any Berlin mod/campaign/map series whatever.

You can't access the interior of the Reichstag! The exterior doors aren't blocked, so it's not like it got walled up.

You're not supposed to access the reichstag? Just fight outside of it? Uh? That's not how the Battle of Berlin went.

So again, I fail to see your point.

I can go on and on through every map but at this point I'm going to stop. You must get the idea by now.

Edited by Artkin

53 minutes ago, NPye said:

Most people do not expect to move through the interior of building that will never be used but if you did you can fire from the outer buildings

How do you access these firing positions? By first directly running in front of the enemy? That doesnt make sense. I can cleanly occupy a building if I'm not in contact, but then what's the point? I will lose half a squad trying to get into a fighting position inside a building. ESPECIALLY on a map with lines of sight as short as these.

I understand that you have put a lot of effort into this, but the extra mile is necessary.

Mate, if you don't play the game and don't load the textures then im afraid you will never get it, I made the mods in the way I like to play, if you don't like it then dont bother with it. Simple all these so called issues you point out aren't issues the games are designed to flow in a certain way, until you play them with all the textures on I can't help you. I never intended to link unimportant buildings, however many are, so you think I should spend 100s of extra hours to do this on every m,ap just to suit you. This game is crap at fighting inside. THERE ARE NO STAIRS NO FURNITURE, NO WINDOWS, JUST A RECTANGLE BOX, IF YOU WANT TO FIGHT INSIDE A BOX THEN CARRY ON ITS YOUR PRIVILEGE, I SUGGEST YOU INVEST YOUR TIME PLAYING HELL LET LOOSE OR COD OR ENLISTED, AS THEY CATER FOR THIS VERY WELL???

PLEASE NOTE! The images that Artkin have uploaded are not a representation of what the mod looks like, the mod has 100s of different buildings vehicles flavour objects and ground textures to name a few. His images are loaded without them on. Cheers

Fully loaded this is what the mod looks like:

REhMGK.png

RT5vYK.png

RI0Mea.png

Edited by NPye

Of course the textures are different but the gameplay is the exact same. The Reichstag is non usable unless you blow a hole in every first story room you'd like to access beyond the exterior. 

Without the texture pack it's significantly easier to see what needs work. 

I was actually making a scenario on the Stalingrad central master map and had to stop because all of the buildings only had single windows everywhere. It would have taken a large rebuild to get it to work. If I had the texture pack enabled I wouldn't have seen this. 

3 minutes ago, Artkin said:

Anyway, that's why I'm disappointed. 

How much did you pay for my mod?

At any point when did you ask me if I would link every Building before the MOD was released?

At what point did you offer any assistance?

Cheers 

8 minutes ago, Artkin said:

The Reichstag is non usable unless you blow a hole in every first story room you'd like to access beyond the exterior. 

Guess what that's how they entered the Reichstag... a mortar fired directly at the entrance to blow a whole in the bricked up wall, as the building had been bricked up since 1933 then further bricked up when the BOB began... There were no nice shiny doors to enter, they did fight inside especially from the cellars (NOT AVAILABLE IN CURRENT GAME MODE)... Mate in the scenario I have included plenty of Sappers and 3 Red Flag teams, the job is to launch the flag which can be done... by entering the Reichstag. There is a way? You are misrepresenting this mod without downloading and using the textures etc. and playing each scenario. Only then will you see what this mod is all about. Maybe you should get a new computer with plenty of RAM and diskspace so you can achieve this. Cheers

Lmfao I offered to build your TOE for you (Berlin mod) and I reached out to others about the Stalingrad mod. 

And if they historically blew open the front of the reichstag then why are there doors on the front? My infantry will walk right in.

Nice childish swing. 

Edited by Artkin

gotta hand it to ya, nige', you and the rest of the team  have really  hit it for six with this one .  (yes, i had to look up the cricket equivalent to 'knock it out of the park'- stoopid yank.....).  just checking out all the maps so far, but i can already say that these maps feel like actual 'places', not just a space to play a game.  gonna have to find a way to balance this with wife, bird (parrot, not crumpet),  life, etc., because i think i'm gonna be spending a lot of time in your berlin, man.  and it didn't cost a penny...

cead mile failte, mate,

rob

Edited by quakerparrot67

37 minutes ago, quakerparrot67 said:

gotta hand it to ya, nige', you and the rest of the team  have really  hit it for six with this one .  (yes, i had to look up the cricket equivalent to 'knock it out of the park'- stoopid yank.....).  just checking out all the maps so far, but i can already say that these maps feel like actual 'places', not just a space to play a game.  gonna have to find a way to balance this with wife, bird (parrot, not crumpet),  life, etc., because i think i'm gonna be spending a lot of time in your berlin, man.  and it didn't cost a penny...

Mate TY so much. ENJOY.