Berlin CMRT Map

1 hour ago, Anonymous_Jonze said:

Is this in the mod too?

No it's only a QB at the moment, may turn into something bigger?????

Heres the map

RDRQBH.png

The map has some great vantage points allowing for foo's etc.

RvoVLD.jpeg

RvoKPk.jpeg

The Siegfried Lines Dragon's Teeth

RvY5GK.jpeg

Some nice rocky textures...

RvYUge.jpeg

Some Ruins...

Rvo3ra.jpeg

and some mossy textures...Work in progress, I have made it more muddy since these screens. Cheers

Edited by NPye

29 minutes ago, NPye said:

No it's only a QB at the moment, may turn into something bigger?????

Heres the map

RDRQBH.png

The map has some great vantage points allowing for foo's etc.

RvoVLD.jpeg

RvoKPk.jpeg

The Siegfried Lines Dragon's Teeth

RvY5GK.jpeg

Some nice rocky textures...

RvYUge.jpeg

Some Ruins...

Rvo3ra.jpeg

and some mossy textures...Work in progress, I have made it more muddy since these screens. Cheers

One of the most amazing sceneries I've ever saw in CM. Would love to play on that! Especially the 3rd and the 5th pictures are spectacular. And those dragon teeth, woow!

Edited by Aragorn2002

33 minutes ago, Aragorn2002 said:

One of the most amazing sceneries I've ever saw in CM. Would love to play on that! Especially the 3rd and the 5th pictures are spectacular. And those dragon teeth, woow!

The teeth were made by Lucky Strike and are in testing I think but can be downloaded from this Forum, search him and teeth and you should find them as long as he still have them available? The Ruins are in my V2 Battle for Berlin mod and some of the textures also. Cheers I might make a mini mod.

3 hours ago, Warts 'n' all said:

Following an exchange of messages about towers and domes with Nigel, I found this photo of the Polizei Presidium near Alexander Platz. Even Val "Here's one I made earlier" Singleton would struggle to mod this.

Polizei Presidium.jpg

Mine are similar though...lol This building was very much used during the 1919 revolution.. Great photo BTW aint seen that one. Cheers

2 hours ago, NPye said:

Mine are similar though...lol This building was very much used during the 1919 revolution.. Great photo BTW aint seen that one. Cheers

Speaking of 1919. On my one and only visit to Berlin more than twenty years ago, I did have to go the Landwehrkanal where the scum dumped Rosa's body after they murdered her, and shed a tear or two. Of course, that comment might be regarded as a tad too political for this forum.

Edited by Warts 'n' all

14 minutes ago, Warts 'n' all said:

Speaking of 1919. On my one and only visit to Berlin more than twenty years ago, I did have to go the the Landwehrkanal where the scum dumped Rosa's body after they murdered her, and shed a tear or two. Of course, that comment might be regarded as a tad too political for this forum.

Maybe but definitely a key part of Berlin's history????

3 hours ago, NPye said:

Look canons on the same spot 1919, in fact there are loads of images from the Police HQ 1919, looks like it took a beating...

RDH1nK.png

Also look at this image,

RDHrA1.jpeg

Could this be 1 of the old Brit Mark V that were outside the Berlin Dom, during the battle of Berlin 1945??? Being used to put down the revolt.

7 hours ago, Warts 'n' all said:

Even Val "Here's one I made earlier" Singleton would struggle to mod this.

I don't know a bottle fairy liquid and a few boxes of Frosties could do the trick, oh and that awful smelly white glue...lol

Some sources state that the two in Berlin in 1945 had been found in Smolensk during Barbarossa and had been taken back to Berlin as museum exhibits. In one video that I've seen, traces of the white/red/white British stripes can still be seen. 

The one in your picture being used by the Freikorps scum has had it's British markings obliterated by the Iron Cross. Also, they've used a version of the skull and cross bones common at the time, which can't be seen on the tanks from 1945

28 minutes ago, Warts 'n' all said:

Some sources state that the two in Berlin in 1945 had been found in Smolensk during Barbarossa and had been taken back to Berlin as museum exhibits. In one video that I've seen, traces of the white/red/white British stripes can still be seen. 

The one in your picture being used by the Freikorps scum has had it's British markings obliterated by the Iron Cross. Also, they've used a version of the skull and cross bones common at the time, which can't be seen on the tanks from 1945

Yes of course I remember now, I watched the Mark Felton Video... I'm getting old...lol

wonderful old photos-  it's cool to see the history leading up to our wwii obsession.  i was trying to figure out  the damage  to the pic with the cannon, but i realized it was the  electric web for the trams.   can anyone recomend any good books (in english) on the 1919 revolution?

and it's good to hear fascist thugs called exactly what they were.

cheers.

rob

Edited by quakerparrot67