Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

JM´s Corner

5 minutes ago, kohlenklau said:

I think it is not a good match because of the thicker armor. But if you want to use it...

Does CMFI have the Archer vehicle?

If yes, find the exact name of the Archer mdr file.  ****.mdr

Then you take your blender creation untitled.mdr and rename as ****.mdr

Put in z folder.

Start CMFI.

Purchase an Archer and it should appear as your creation.

I could have a view like you said, just curiousity ?

I want only help, is not my mod, so is up to you !

Edited by JM Stuff

6 minutes ago, JM Stuff said:

I want only help, is not my mod, so is up to you !

It needs just the 47mm gun and less armor so in my opinion (2 Eurocents) it is not good to use the Archer.

If (Le grande "if") you can find a solution then it is an interesting addition to the CMFI France 1940 mod. Merci

http://www.littlewars.se/french1940/w15tcc.html

5 minutes ago, kohlenklau said:

It needs just the 47mm gun and less armor so in my opinion (2 Eurocents) it is not good to use the Archer.

If (Le grande "if") you can find a solution then it is an interesting addition to the CMFI France 1940 mod. Merci

http://www.littlewars.se/french1940/w15tcc.html

Ok, than I am sure you will find something different, ...searching correct Armor and Calibre vehicle, is not my world, I m lost !

8 minutes ago, JM Stuff said:

Ok, than I am sure you will find something different, ...searching correct Armor and Calibre vehicle, is not my world, I m lost !

No, I did not plan to take this as a work for the mod. I do find it very interesting but I cannot do all. Right? 

• 3 weeks later...

Hola guys

Activities today !

Since, today... you will be able to have internet, and light on the battlefield, I' am working on maps and scenarios, with help from Phill, and I just made a (little illusion mod), just be awake when the mod comes out that will cost you, a bit of gymnastics to pose your telephone poles...so they are not perfects !

So far there are only two telephone poles I've been working on but I think it will be up to 8 variations with some broken ones I'wil  see!

Just a question:

My trees dont appears correctly on the field with the editor, how is the procedure, I guess this is the differents levels ???

nzFnbNo.jpg

Tdnn3rH.jpg

Edited by JM Stuff

24 minutes ago, kohlenklau said:

Idea: When you are in your scenario try hitting alt-T a few times as this cycles (full trees-->stumps-->nothing)

Ah good advice i will try this, thanks, I didn t know this combination was also working for the editor !!! 

Just do it now... course it s work maps look like more differents now thanks again Phill !

Edited by JM Stuff

12 hours ago, JM Stuff said:

Hola guys

Activities today !

Since, today... you will be able to have internet, and light on the battlefield, I' am working on maps and scenarios, with help from Phill, and I just made a (little illusion mod), just be awake when the mod comes out that will cost you, a bit of gymnastics to pose your telephone poles...so they are not perfects !

So far there are only two telephone poles I've been working on but I think it will be up to 8 variations with some broken ones I'wil  see!

Just a question:

My trees dont appears correctly on the field with the editor, how is the procedure, I guess this is the differents levels ???

Tdnn3rH.jpg

It looks like there is wire between your telephone poles. I don't think I ever saw this before! Did I miss something, or is it your new magic trick?

2 hours ago, PEB14 said:

It looks like there is wire between your telephone poles. I don't think I ever saw this before! Did I miss something, or is it your new magic trick?

Oh Oh Oh is magic 🎼 ...Like I said, it's a bit of an "illusion mod" because the telephone poles are Flavours Objects (FOs), they appear to be "connected to each other,... in fact only half of the wire is connected, (to give the possibility to the player to turn the FO, approximately to the place that he wants on the ground).

You can understand in this way that the connection of the two wires is very difficult, and more when you try to "connect" a third one, but as the wires "float in the air" they disappear with the view and the distance, and seem to be connected, this is why another telephones poles is on the way (that I have to created), to have only one wire side to give more "facility" to be connected, to eachothers, of course if you look more closely at all the details, you notice that the wire is cut, but this way it gives a nice effect, but that's only my opinion.

So yes this is a magic trick !

Mais il fallait y penser ! 😉

Edited by JM Stuff

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/1/2023 at 11:08 AM, JM Stuff said:

Oh Oh Oh is magic 🎼 ...Like I said, it's a bit of an "illusion mod" because the telephone poles are Flavours Objects (FOs), they appear to be "connected to each other,... in fact only half of the wire is connected, (to give the possibility to the player to turn the FO, approximately to the place that he wants on the ground).

You can understand in this way that the connection of the two wires is very difficult, and more when you try to "connect" a third one, but as the wires "float in the air" they disappear with the view and the distance, and seem to be connected, this is why another telephones poles is on the way (that I have to created), to have only one wire side to give more "facility" to be connected, to eachothers, of course if you look more closely at all the details, you notice that the wire is cut, but this way it gives a nice effect, but that's only my opinion.

So yes this is a magic trick !

Mais il fallait y penser ! 😉

JM, you clever man!

• 1 year later...

Hi guys Activities of the month !

2 Heli Huey wrecks here CMAF but can be used for SF and BS.

doTUrcb.png

British CMFB in the snow !

when I will put the snow !😆

03z7xDb.png

paCWSG9.png

Overview but not finish !

l8p9DPp.png

lCGgJoG.png

to be continued...

Posted (edited)

Activities !

Working on the British Paras 

Fix the Chinstrap look more british now !

My goal today

QmKsWWj.jpeg

Added some details 

>rope 

>bandoliers

every soldiers have one on differents positions and colors

just detail bandolier cannot be bigger because will disturb others meshes and textutes

(thinking to put it later in 3d because dont see too much, will see)...

Overview

fvoOfQf.jpeg

3fvvFIK.jpeg

urfWVqs.jpeg

My Own Denison Jackett, working on another one...

j6sJeXL.jpeg

ZW4y7Iw.jpeg

Iq5wB27.jpeg

Snowing vers not very good, need more snow, advices??

Working also on cold faces frozen faces and helmets...

Also Canada Polish and Comando with both use of helmets and berets on the same time,

busy to test it...

8q9sY14.jpeg

iPfZvfu.jpeg

!to be continued...

Edited by JM Stuff

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Lieutenant Ash said:

Looking good, were white camo uniforms issued to the infantry much (or mainly used by snipers)?

Thanks to your comment.

This was also my first question if I have to make a mod, this must be for the whole army or minimum some elite units, this is why, I took some infos about it, and discover a sentence that apparently justified my opinion.

"Unlike the Americans who had to improvise snow uniforms during the winter of 1944, the British had them mass produced and already distributed to units before the winter".

This is why the ideas was become more clear to trying to produce a mod.

In common accord with a member of the forum, we will try to  represent a scen or a mini campaign, with british army in the Bulge, perhaps the only one significative, battle that some of us know, and they were fighting in white uniform again the advance of the german army.

Edited by JM Stuff

Posted (edited)

Ok guys I was recieving some e mail asking how I can do this, or this, I m not an expert, but so for those that want to  starting to moding a uniform this is my way to work, but for sure exist many others, the web is full of infos and videos, but advices are welcome...

My goal for the comming days, another Denison Jackett for the British Paras.

mieVUSJ.png

1 Try to cut the correct picture to apply on the original picture in the game check many time to have a similar jacket

pH4oEcH.png

2 make differents layer to the wishing piece of the jacket trouser pocket zip collar buttons...

ozsdsNg.png

3 Imagine the jacket without pocket and draw a camo patern under the pocket 

0XnCJO0.png

4 this is an original pocket on the picture above not really straight and in good position 

QkJ9b9v.png

5 try to apply the correct size and the correct straight curve regarding to the original .bmp in the game

c9p95tU.png

6 pick up your model composed from many layer and let see the correct position of t pockets of the original picture 

gRAvmb8.png

7 added your straight pocket on the model and apply the correct position.

mhAGCnM.png

8 let see all layer visible that you can make now a test in the game

Dont be to happy quick CM is bewitched and the models laugh at you, model bring you to be crazy !

Is not because your new uniform looking good that he will appear in the same way in the game...

This one looking good  you will said, BUT...

ekNwF76.png

9 Lets stard a test and check in the game every details front rear and side also from above  

dyHWSHM.jpeg

>the pocket are too big I have to resized

>also apply some seam to let see the pockets

>valid for the zip and the middel of the jacket with some seam

>working on the collar 

>seam on the shoulder

>checking the button up from the shoulders seem to be a part of the rank, probably the button is too big, perhaps I will let desapear, will see...

>have also to apply a 3d effect and some bump files 

behind seem to be ok I have to apply also a seam down the jacket to let see behind the typical parachute jacket

iTS2NNS.jpeg

This one have to be reworked on the pocket probably not correct apply or too big

xnFod4w.jpeg

This one seem to be ok 

CC7ycMU.jpeg

After working on the mentioned points, I will than starting to working on the arms and schoulders, and this is also not easy.

But first take your time and make many tests and you will see your job will go further and further, just be patient stay calm and  drink fresh !

hope this will help some of you !

to be continued...

Edited by JM Stuff

Posted (edited)

Activities

No this is not a reworked picture with gimp PS or  whatever is the real aspect from my Paras using both helmets and berets on the same time, snow also on the way...

StoDsRP.jpeg

PCL3l6J.jpeg

And in this way the germans and some "Feldwebel" will have to wear a cap (feldmütze), unstead a helmet like the rest of the troops, reworked on helmets and thinking to make also rope and bandoliers 3d, will see...

to be continued...

Edited by JM Stuff

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/22/2024 at 4:06 PM, JM Stuff said:

Activities

No this is not a reworked picture with gimp PS or  whatever is the real aspect from my Paras using both helmets and berets on the same time, snow also on the way...

StoDsRP.jpeg

PCL3l6J.jpeg

And in this way the germans and some "Feldwebel" will have to wear a cap (feldmütze), unstead a helmet like the rest of the troops, reworked on helmets and thinking to make also rope and bandoliers 3d, will see...

to be continued...

Wow. I didn't know this was possible to mix the headware like that. Can't wait for the release