JM´s Corner

37 minutes ago, quakerparrot67 said:

pnTAkeNlj

this is what i mean...

still, your mod would be most welcome  for an arnhem/oosterbeek fan like me!

rob

Thank you to your comments and advices Rob, I will check, but I think this a "mistake" of BFC, in fact I think this is the same chinstrap as the us airborne but not sure, I have to check it in details, me I open it only, but you are right, I was just download some pictures to compare them and  because you are a fan I will try to working on to have approximately the same.
But because this is also my favourite units.😉

Now that I a have a "Pro" (in the front of me), can you shortly explain how can you reconize a British or a Canadian Paras?
Helmet designs of camo uniforms signs ranks??

I would like to working on the uniforms also.

Thanks very much to your advices and comments.
JM

4 minutes ago, JM Stuff said:

Thank you to your comments and advices Rob, I will check, but I think this a "mistake" of BFC, in fact I think this is the same chinstrap as the us airborne but not sure, I have to check it in details, me I open it only, but you are right, I was just download some pictures to compare them and  because you are a fan I will try to working on to have approximately the same.

Now that I a have a "Pro" (in the front of me), can you shortly explain how can you reconize a British or a Canadian Paras?

JM

i didn't mean that you had to 'fix' it, already very grateful that you even do this, with the intent of /giving/ it to us.  actually, i feel like  big geek for mentioning, 'cause who's gonna even notice?   thank you, jm, for the modding you do for the community and keep up the good work!

cheers,

rob

5 minutes ago, quakerparrot67 said:

i didn't mean that you had to 'fix' it, already very grateful that you even do this, with the intent of /giving/ it to us.  actually, i feel like  big geek for mentioning, 'cause who's gonna even notice?   thank you, jm, for the modding you do for the community and keep up the good work!

cheers,

rob

I will try to do it because the reason mentioned above but also because I like to represent the true, in details.

When you have time to check about my request >how can you reconize a Brit from a Can airborne or Paras I will be gratefull about it, all details are welcome, (pic text, link...) and with this I will try to give you another feeling when you will be able to move yours troops untill Arnhem 😉

JM

2 hours ago, RockinHarry said:

Who needs tyres if you´ve anti gravity drive. 😬

Hey Harry @RockinHarry happy 2 see you what you did all this time??

Nevermind welcome back.

Gravity will be for a future game in later in the future,  Graviteam is better, I had a look of this one, I never see so much icons in a game, dont seem to be very easy to manage, but this is not the good place to talk about.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The problem with wheels and probably also tracks, come from the "metadatas, from blender" about this I would like talk with you, if you have a couple of min I am sure we can fix this problem.

Cheers

Edited by JM Stuff

33 minutes ago, JM Stuff said:

Hey Harry @RockinHarry happy 2 see you what you did all this time??

Nevermind welcome back.

Gravity will be for a future game in later in the future,  Graviteam is better, I had a look of this one, I never see so much icons in a game, dont seem to be very easy to manage, but this is not the good place to talk about.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The problem with wheels and probably also tracks, come from the "metadatas, from blender" about this I would like talk with you, if you have a couple of min I am sure we can fix this problem.

Cheers

Hey Jm! 😎 Well, busy at multiple "fronts" as usual. 🤪 Too many interests, too little time for everything. Aaargh... 😵

Hehe.... GT is great and every place is a good place to mention them, even BFC. Whether they take it or not, it´s among their more serious competitors, the more if comparing to RT play mode. Aargh... still have at least half a dozen unplayed GT (Mius) DLC.

Hm... without having a look at it, your problem might be "solved" easily if just carrying over or preserving appropriate META data? Didn´t we have that Blender META/Copy plugin for that? 🤔

13 hours ago, JM Stuff said:

JM

as far as distinguishingpmndvYZMj brit and canadian para units, the only thing i know foe sure is the canadian paras have a winged parachute badge on the (left?) breast of the dennison smock.  also there is a cap badge for the maroon beret-

pmEyzOpaj  hope these help

cheers,

rob

Edited by quakerparrot67

heres a possible request, if possible and worth your time...

do think that for the british glider pilots a bergen rucksack could be created, maybe based on radio sets?  it was a distinguishing feature of the g.p's, as the other british a.b. troops did not use it.

pma7Ly5vj

if possible it would be something to visually identify the british glider pilots...

cheerrs,

rob

Edited by quakerparrot67

as far as the canvas para chinstraps go, these  from cmbs (not sure whose mod) look like the right 'shape', if they could be transfered over...

pm6IYVgep also, if i remember right, i seem to have read that the canvas straps were mainly seen on the poles at arnhem, with small amounts sprinkled through the brits.

cheers,

rob

Edited by quakerparrot67

19 minutes ago, quakerparrot67 said:

as far as distinguishingpmndvYZMj brit and canadian para units, the only thing i know foe sure is the canadian paras have a winged parachute badge on the (left?) breast of the dennison smock.  also there is a cap badge for the maroon beret-

this one I guess is from Canada on the breast ?

pmEyzOpaj  hope these help

cheers,

rob

also there is a cap badge for the maroon beret- also from canada ?

I think I saw this of the big and interresting mod of @Darknight (DC) I took also infos where @WimO gave me already precious indices !

2 minutes ago, quakerparrot67 said:

heres a possible request, if possible and worth your time...

do think that for the british glider pilots a bergen rucksack could be created, maybe based on radio sets?  it was a distinguishing feature of the g.p's, as the other british a.b. troops did not use it.

pma7Ly5vj

if possible it would be something to visually identify the british glider pilots...

cheerrs,

rob

Ah ok 

already a good hint for all infos that you can give me.

>So in fact there is no difference from the unifoms camos designs, and all CW force Canadian and Polish CZ,  Be, NL... are using completly the same uniforms ?

>Only badges and insigns specific for country are showing ?

>If I understand about the Bergen backpack this one is so big as the radio transmetter backpack and you asking me to try to added it ok Iwill try but to be used for a certain kind of troops like glider we have probably to added a modtag otherwise all british troops or canadians will wearing this bag is that corret ?

>it's now the time to take all the adequate and significant information, after it will be more difficult to reshape the objects.

>I would like to do like the Us airborne with all inclusive like shell dressing, (on the good place) chinstraps open or close, camos gloves, glass, camos faces, amo pouches...also make the difference about glider and usual Paras with perhaps a modtag, this is why I need a max of infos.

>If there is something like a specific color or uniforms or helmet, shell dresssing place, something that we can say from far or close, this one is a British this one is from Canada...

>I will jump now to CMBS, to see and comfirm about the helmet chinstrap.

Can you explain your sentence:

also, if i remember right, i seem to have read that the canvas straps were mainly seen on the poles at arnhem, with small amounts sprinkled through the brits.

If there is nothing different about uniforms and helmets, than I can, try  to starting to manage them, but if you have some details dont be afraid to let me know, I will than added also when the model is almost finish.

Thanks to your precious infos rob.

JM

10 hours ago, RockinHarry said:

Hey Jm! 😎 Well, busy at multiple "fronts" as usual. 🤪 Too many interests, too little time for everything. Aaargh... 😵

Hehe.... GT is great and every place is a good place to mention them, even BFC. Whether they take it or not, it´s among their more serious competitors, the more if comparing to RT play mode. Aargh... still have at least half a dozen unplayed GT (Mius) DLC.

Hm... without having a look at it, your problem might be "solved" easily if just carrying over or preserving appropriate META data? Didn´t we have that Blender META/Copy plugin for that? 🤔

Yes Harry we are always busy with something.

OHH ja GT is really to be tested, I buy for short Tunisia 43 to learn the system and trying to be comfortable with the many menus and Icons,😧 the first days I could cut my hair to learn it, but now I begin to manage more easily the commands, there is a lot of videos, I was thinking to buy The DLC like you said Mius I think this is in Ukraine isn't? But in ww2 of course, I will check because by Steam Tunisia 43 was really cheap the DLC cost a little more. 
How do you manage Mius ?

Ok last but not least, I could need your help for the wheels, can I send you a PM and the files?

PS what's about our friend Mark Lucky, I send him a PM but untill now no answer, hope is nothing happend??

Cheers

Edited by JM Stuff

1 hour ago, JM Stuff said:

this one I guess is from Canada on the breast ?

also there is a cap badge for the maroon beret- also from canada ?

I think I saw this of the big and interresting mod of @Darknight (DC) I took also infos where @WimO gave me already precious indices !

Ah ok 

already a good hint for all infos that you can give me.

>So in fact there is no difference from the unifoms camos designs, and all CW force Canadian and Polish CZ,  Be, NL... are using completly the same uniforms ?

>Only badges and insigns specific for country are showing ?

>If I understand about the Bergen backpack this one is so big as the radio transmetter backpack and you asking me to try to added it ok Iwill try but to be used for a certain kind of troops like glider we have probably to added a modtag otherwise all british troops or canadians will wearing this bag is that corret ?

>it's now the time to take all the adequate and significant information, after it will be more difficult to reshape the objects.

>I would like to do like the Us airborne with all inclusive like shell dressing, (on the good place) chinstraps open or close, camos gloves, glass, camos faces, amo pouches...also make the difference about glider and usual Paras with perhaps a modtag, this is why I need a max of infos.

>If there is something like a specific color or uniforms or helmet, shell dresssing place, something that we can say from far or close, this one is a British this one is from Canada...

>I will jump now to CMBS, to see and comfirm about the helmet chinstrap.

Can you explain your sentence:

also, if i remember right, i seem to have read that the canvas straps were mainly seen on the poles at arnhem, with small amounts sprinkled through the brits.

If there is nothing different about uniforms and helmets, than I can, try  to starting to manage them, but if you have some details dont be afraid to let me know, I will than added also when the model is almost finish.

Thanks to your precious infos rob.

JM

wow- thanks for the in-depth reply!

yes, the 2 badges are for the canadian paras.  also, yes, all the cw airborne troops use the same basic uniforms, camo smock, helmets, web gear, etc, with only the insignia showing the difference.  oh, and the poles wore a grey beret, and pulled it towards the back instead of down over the left eye. ( if i recall correctly, didn't the french pull their berets down over right eye?).  so, no, nothing to tell from a distance.  oh, and another small detail for the poles-

pou8TCtqj

pmBNfhS9j

as far as the bergen, it is i think even a little bigger than the radio pack, but thats the closest thing in size.  the russian radio pack from cmrt is HUGE, and would be an even better match, if that could be ported over.  and yes, i think it would have to be mod-tagged for glider pilots only, though it would also be appropriate for s.a.s. troops in europe.  also, glider pilots didn't wear the usual british braces and pouches, just the belt and pistol holster.  everything was carried in the bergen.

all i meant by that sentence is there were a very small amount issued to the british a.b. by the time of m.g., so they were only rarely seen, except with the poles. 

very glad to be able to help with your modding- if you have any other questions then i will be happy to answer if i can. 

cheers,

rob

Edited by quakerparrot67

Added infos !

About uniforms and berets I will not touch nothing most moders have already doing a very good job like
Vein, Damian DK, Olek... and all that I forgot theirs name.
I will take of course the one that I personly most appreciated for the added details, but first let it examined to some "Pro".

So in fact gliders were wearing a mountain behind them Bergen=Mountain, just kidding...

Ok again a short jump to CMRT to discover the huge thing but working on later.

If something new just knock on the door, this is also valid for all readers members from the forum, thanks in advance to everybody's.

CMBS usa Chisnstrap 

QFVucfT.png

so far...

4Xfg925.png

Thanks you very much,  for the advices I save time and work about it !
First objectif fixed !

JM
Edited by JM Stuff

28 minutes ago, JM Stuff said:
Added infos !

About uniforms and berets I will not touch nothing most moders have already doing a very good job like
Vein, Damian DK, Olek... and all that I forgot theirs name.
I will take of course the one that I personly most appreciated for the added details, but first let it examined to some "Pro".

So in fact gliders were wearing a mountain behind them Bergen=Mountain, just kidding...

Ok again a short jump to CMRT to discover the huge thing but working on later.

If something new just knock on the door, this is also valid for all readers members from the forum, thanks in advance to everybody's.

CMBS usa Chisnstrap 

QFVucfT.png

so far...

4Xfg925.png

Thanks you very much,  for the advices I save time and work about it !
First objectif fixed !

JM

damn, man- you don't mess about, do you?  that's as close aqs you're gonna get, good work and thank you .

cheers,

rob

Just now, quakerparrot67 said:

damn, man- you don't mess about, do you?  that's as close aqs you're gonna get, good work and thank you .

cheers,

rob

I say first thank you to myself, because I love what I am doing for myself 😝, and also to share if by peoples interrested.

So now Objectif 2

Tell me about the size and things that have to be or not from the bag !

Left original size of the british backpack , the other you know ! !

7SqFs5x.png

JM

Just now, quakerparrot67 said:

it was a mountaineer's pack, so makes sense, although i read once that the proper spelling is 'bergan' and that it is the name of the norwiegen inventor.  who knows... in the game could also be used for british (and free french, kieffer, etc.) commandos

3 minutes ago, JM Stuff said:

I say first thank you to myself, because I love what I am doing for myself 😝, and also to share if by peoples interrested.

So now Objectif 2

Tell me about the size and things that have to be or not from the bag !

Left original size of the british backpack , the other you know ! !

7SqFs5x.png

JM

that's the german gebirgjaeger rucksack, isn't it? the size of the brit version is similar, but the brit one is wider at the bottom with its side pockets. the carrier from the entrenching tool was usually hung below the back pocket of the bergen.   the g.p.s used it to carry everything that would have been in the 'small pack' (your first picture) plus the ammo that would have been in the 2 front pouches,.  like i mentioned before, the best size comparison would be the soviet radio pack in cm rt-

poIe2Qncp

the guy in center background of picture to show size.

cheers,

rob

29 minutes ago, quakerparrot67 said:

it was a mountaineer's pack, so makes sense, although i read once that the proper spelling is 'bergan' and that it is the name of the norwiegen inventor.  who knows... in the game could also be used for british (and free french, kieffer, etc.) commandos

Yes  I think in Commandos Telemark in Norway 

also in the movie Age of heroes they were wearing this bags but not sure...

that's the german gebirgjaeger rucksack, isn't it? the size of the brit version is similar, but the brit one is wider at the bottom with its side pockets. the carrier from the entrenching tool was usually hung below the back pocket of the bergen.   the g.p.s used it to carry everything that would have been in the 'small pack' (your first picture) plus the ammo that would have been in the 2 front pouches,.  like i mentioned before, the best size comparison would be the soviet radio pack in cm rt-

I took the uk backpack original from CM, I dont have another one chek yourself in your folder if you have a different tell me ?? , here to compare all CM are original size, Bergan I did myself approxiamtively !

WBjOxp7.png

15 minutes ago, JM Stuff said:

I took the uk backpack original from CM, I dont have another one chek yourself in your folder if you have a different tell me ?? , here to compare all CM are original size, Bergan I did myself approxiamtively !

WBjOxp7.png

the uk pack is correct, however if that is the brit radio pack then the british bergan-

pma7Ly5vj would be a noticeable bit larger than the radio pack, especially width (side-to-side). thats why i think the sov radio would be a better base if possible. if not then the brit radio would have to work, or maybe the brit lifebuoy flame thrower?

cheers,

rob 

Edited by quakerparrot67

43 minutes ago, JM Stuff said:

WBjOxp7.png

ok, i see that that is the soviet radio-  yeah, that'll just about do it. 

8 hours ago, JM Stuff said:

Yes Harry we are always busy with something.

OHH ja GT is really to be tested, I buy for short Tunisia 43 to learn the system and trying to be comfortable with the many menus and Icons,😧 the first days I could cut my hair to learn it, but now I begin to manage more easily the commands, there is a lot of videos, I was thinking to buy The DLC like you said Mius I think this is in Ukraine isn't? But in ww2 of course, I will check because by Steam Tunisia 43 was really cheap the DLC cost a little more. 
How do you manage Mius ?

Ok last but not least, I could need your help for the wheels, can I send you a PM and the files?

PS what's about our friend Mark Lucky, I send him a PM but untill now no answer, hope is nothing happend??

Cheers

Hehe... yes. Not a lazy @ss for sure. 😅
Erm... Mius and tunisia is 2 different games, bud! I just have Mius and 10x DLC. It´s not that hard to learn IMO. Once you know where things are and what they do you´ll love it. At least the tac game. Haven´t tried any the operations and operation mode yet. I need a second life or 48 hours day I guess. 😛

Yep, southern Ukraine initially but with all currently available DLC there´s some diversity. I just´ve bought WW2 related content. So there´s battles ranging from near Leningrad 1941 to near Kharkov 1943 IIRC. 😎 Among the things I don´t like much in the game is a number of "sounds" (now replaced with a couple mods), stiff infantry poses/animations and the usual AI path finding issues. But otherwise.... I love what I tried already. Maps are partly boring and repetitive as well. No urban combat (yet).

No idea about Mark. Saw him last time around here late last year.😕 Hope he´s going well too!

Erm... I doubt I´ll have time for checking stuff in Blender right now. But you could start writing up details related to your particular issues, then post at BFC as we did before! 🙂 cheers! 🍻

13 hours ago, quakerparrot67 said:

ok, i see that that is the soviet radio-  yeah, that'll just about do it. 

I just saw that I took a "wrong" bergan, this one dont have any lateral pockets, so I have to search another 3d FREE model.

Also the name that I have to give to the bergan is important, I mean that the bergan will replace🙄🙃

I guess only the SAS+ some others specials units will wearing this bag, but I would like also that regular units can continue to wear the usual backpack, this is why I have to find what kind of object I have to "sacrified" to replace it.

you follow ?

I could use the

> lifebuoy flame thrower (that I dont find the folder, when you can give me some advice I will appreciated)

>Radio but I would like also that the SAS+ can use the radio 

>The backpack itself but when I use this one, we can not using SAS+ and the regulars units on the same time.

so we have to make a choice, because also with a modtag will not work.

The size of the model 3d dont play a big role in the game, I can always change the size of object but changing the name,

play a big role, and will be more complicated if there is already mods installed in the game, I hope is understanding what I try to said?

Another solution will be to link the Bergan with anothe object in the game, for this I could need some help to test it in the game.

> would you or somebody elses, dedicated some time, like me, and participated to make some tests, and perhaps added some pics, to see if, there is nothing wrong when the soldier is moving, or crawling, or whatever...and give me some advices, how is the behavious in differents situations?

When somebody "accept to participated", that mean that he has to "be pendant" to what I am doing, because the change cannot be waiting to much or to another day, because I need to make some change on the spot, so if you are busy with another game, or dont have any time to check it, this dont help me too much, and I will waiting to you or you or you,, I guess is understanding, but,  this must be saying to be clear, " the tester" will have a copy of the bag and I would really appreciated his help...

So now I will check to another "Bergan"

JM