JM´s Corner

i would be happy to help with the testing, BUT i warn you i have next to nothing in computer skills or understanding of how the game, graphics, and all its arcane wizardry work,  so there is a chance that my "help" in technical matters could  be less helpful than you would think.     also, since installing the new patch i haven't been able to get cmbn to load....  but if i can get that fixed i could try to help with testing.

cheers,

rob

59 minutes ago, quakerparrot67 said:

i would be happy to help with the testing, BUT i warn you i have next to nothing in computer skills or understanding of how the game, graphics, and all its arcane wizardry work,  so there is a chance that my "help" in technical matters could  be less helpful than you would think.     also, since installing the new patch i haven't been able to get cmbn to load....  but if i can get that fixed i could try to help with testing.

cheers,

rob

Hi Rob appreciated that you answer to my request.

You don't need to have any specials skills and informatics  knowledges to be able to help me, just have a working CMBN patched or not, you have only to put the files that I could give you on your z folder and starting differents British or Canadians scenarios, and take some notes from behaviours or some advices, that it.

If you are agree let me know, also of course, when you can resolve the problem of patch, that sometimes is really annoying, but most of the time is only a bad path that we choose, saying to the new install zip where you want to install it, and this require again a code registration, and THIS is really anoying, this was my case from years ago, this is why I can talk about.
Now I choose another way of Lucky Strike with a system of folders and this is more fluids as the patched files, but this require one time of install, more attention and knowledges to have a good installed files to have of course a  correct working game.

And untill now, never more asking about registration, because is already registred, but i have always a reserve a full copy without mods installed ready, in case I make a mistake, and I will be myself the blame to resolve the problem, thus is only a question to be registered via .../my documents/Battelfront/... up there when you have a correct installation, you can make copy of copy everywhere on your differents hard drives, just only one time that you have to pay really attention.

I hope this will help.

JM

53 minutes ago, quakerparrot67 said:

sure, i'd like to help testing. i'm not sure how my time schedule would match up with yours, as i'm resident in  the southwest u.s., but let me know when i'd need to be available and i'll see what i can do.

cheers,

rob

thanks rob, we dont need to be internity on this, we will find 10 min to apply some mods let me a place where I can send you the files with you e mail, put the files in your z folder play a scen wih british soldiers, and check for the behaviours, just let me know about, eventual takes somes notes, and that it, this will help me.

but let me first find another bag similar as the Bergan.

Happy evening, or morning if you are to the other side of the planet.🙃

Cheers

New today !

uYlrAj8.jpg

Bergan backpack

tomorrow Camos faces rope around body, burlaps on the helmets, reworking on uniforms details, later... things like the us Airborne already in CMMODs

Valid for BritCanPol Paras and Gliders.

Cheers

Edited by JM Stuff

1 hour ago, JM Stuff said:

New today !

uYlrAj8.jpg

Bergan backpack

tomorrow Camos faces rope around body, burlaps on the helmets, reworking on uniforms details, later... things like the us Airborne already in CMMODs

Valid for BritCanPol Paras and Gliders.

Cheers

looks great, j.m.! 

do you have any pics from the back?  the onlt thing that might be a little off is the hight, bottom to top, of the pack, it should extend down to at least the top of his belt. other than that, this looks perfect. 

as far as details of how it was worn,  do  you know if there's any way to remove his braces and front ammo pouches?  the glider pilots only wore the belt,with  pistol holster and a pistol ammo pouch worn on the belt and ammo, food, clothing etc. carried in the bergen.  i dont know if there's any way to do that in cm, maybe leave (modify?) the braces to look like the bergen straps, as long as the front pouches could be removed.

one thing i just noticed.... i see that you've changed the leather chinstraps to look like the canvas ones (only black).   the leather ones were fine the way they were before, it's only the tan canvas ones that were constructed differently.  here's a pic of the leather strap, pretty much the same as the original black one from bfc. 

poJ8xdJ5j

sorry for the confusion.  is it even possible to use 2 different "models" of strap for 1 kind of unit ingame?  sorry to make things more complicated for you.   these new mods of yours have me almost drooling- i can't wait to see them in action!  did you still need me to do any testing? again, again, thanks for your hard work.

cheers,

rob

Edited by quakerparrot67

1 hour ago, quakerparrot67 said:

looks great, j.m.! 

Thanks like all the times I do my best, and like what I am doing.

do you have any pics from the back?  the onlt thing that might be a little off is the hight, bottom to top, of the pack, it should extend down to at least the top of his belt. other than that, this looks perfect. 

> I will show the details behind next time
>I have just to check the size that I can have the correct one like you discribe
>I can adjuste the hight like you mentioned

You dont know and nobodys of the forum how work a mod and how is work in Blender, but in Blender I dont have the soldier in the front of me to apply lef and right things, so long we dont have access to the famous .mds, mds is the file representing the whole peoples or soldiers in the game, but I see only the behaviour of the Blender result, when only I start another scenario and check how I have to move the things to apply in a correct way, not to high not to much down, not to much on the side correctly straight this cost time and many many restarting your game, waiting that your game load, with or without mods installed, this cost nerfs and patience, just saying the procedure, this is why a help is very welcome, but I like what I am doing, when I see a good result.

as far as details of how it was worn,  do  you know if there's any way to remove his braces and front ammo pouches?

>front ammo pouches can be modified yes

the glider pilots only wore the belt,with  pistol holster and a pistol ammo pouch worn on the belt and ammo, food, clothing etc. carried in the bergen.  i dont know if there's any way to do that in cm, maybe leave (modify?) the braces to look like the bergen straps, as long as the front pouches could be removed.

>so just let the pistol holster and ammo pouch from holster, right ?

>taking out the braces will be more complicated because the braces are already include on the picture of each Paras unifome, this will cost too much time to have a correct aspect, that I have to erase the brace on the picture, and I dont know if there is one picture of Paras uniforms without braces, I dont think so.
>i can take the braces from the bergan to "hidding the usual braces on the Paras picture uniforms.

one thing i just noticed.... i see that you've changed the leather chinstraps to look like the canvas ones (only black).   the leather ones were fine the way they were before, it's only the tan canvas ones that were constructed differently.  here's a pic of the leather strap, pretty much the same as the original black one from bfc. 

poJ8xdJ5j

sorry for the confusion.  is it even possible to use 2 different "models" of strap for 1 kind of unit ingame?  sorry to make things more complicated for you.   these new mods of yours have me almost drooling- i can't wait to see them in action!  did you still need me to do any testing? again, again, thanks for your hard work.

> I dont change nothing about the chinstraps, the game do it itself it was a surprise for me but I am happy with, the game read the smod_american_chinstrap-para, and smod_british_chinstrap on the same tme from the brz files, and apply the textures to both in the same way, just read also after my Z folder to apply the modifs,  I found this interresting, and this give more variety of colours, without, that, I do something myself, so this will stay like the picture that I show you, this will be so cool to have 2 possibilities from chinstraps but is not possible to have the chinstrap open and close on the same time, because exist only one mdr chisntrap file, we can use a open chisntrap in another battle but not on the same time that the closing one.

So I will try to  make like I did for the Us Airborne anf gliders togethers, with a open and a closing chinstraps, but only one can be used on the same time, sad but not possible, BFC have to created another mdr file for this.

So that it for now, I have already much to do, thanks to yours detailled advices rob.

JM

Edited by JM Stuff

23 minutes ago, JM Stuff said:

Thanks like all the times I do my best, and like what I am doing.

> I will show the details behind next time
>I have just to check the size that I can have the correct one like you discribe
>I can adjuste the hight like you mentioned

You dont know and nobodys of the forum how work a mod and how is work in Blender, but in Blender I dont have the soldier in the front of me to apply lef and right things, so long we dont have access to the famous .mds, mds is the file representing the whole peoples or soldiers in the game, but I see only the behaviour of the Blender result, when only I start another scenario and check how I have to move the things to apply in a correct way, not to high not to much down, not to much on the side correctly straight this cost time and many many restarting your game, waiting that your game load, with or without mods installed, this cost nerfs and patience, just saying the procedure, this is why a help is very welcome, but I like what I am doing, when I see a good result.

>front ammo pouches can be modified yes

>so just let the pistol holster and ammo pouch from holster, right ?

>taking out the braces will be more complicated because the braces are already include on the picture of each Paras unifome, this will cost too much time to have a correct aspect, that I have to erase the brace on the picture, and I dont know if there is one picture of Paras uniforms without braces, I dont think so.
>i can take the braces from the bergan to "hidding the usual braces on the Paras picture uniforms.

> I dont change nothing about the chinstraps, the game do it itself it was a surprise for me but I am happy with, the game read the smod_american_chinstrap-para, and smod_british_chinstrap on the same tme from the brz files, and apply the textures to both in the same way, just read also after my Z folder to apply the modifs,  I found this interresting, and this give more variety of colours, without, that, I do something myself, so this will stay like the picture that I show you, this will be so cool to have 2 possibilities from chinstraps but is not possible to have the chinstrap open and close on the same time, because exist only one mdr chisntrap file, we can use a open chisntrap in another battle but not on the same time that the closing one.

So I will try to  make like I did for the Us Airborne anf gliders togethers, with a open and a closing chinstraps, but only one can be used on the same time, sad but not possible, BFC have to created another mdr file for this.

So that it for now, I have already much to do, thanks to yours detailled advices rob.

JM

i will leave you to your work without further interference, lol. (that way we get to play with your goodies sooner (soory, that sounded....awkward.)).  have a great evening, jm.

cheers,

rob.

18 minutes ago, quakerparrot67 said:

i will leave you to your work without further interference, lol. (that way we get to play with your goodies sooner (soory, that sounded....awkward.)).  have a great evening, jm.

cheers,

rob.

no is only lot of work and time to downloading game check and modified it 😊

Edited by JM Stuff

News from today

Bergan in Bergan out !

pKH1vid.jpg

gTo3IBZ.jpg

Just a remark about the brace on the left dont be correctly showing also the asked pistol and ammo pouches , dont know why ?

hs9F1Ge.jpg

Just a problem with added some braces, everybodys will wear it, also when the bergan is not present !

0z6prxm.jpg

Just officer has to have a special uniform without braces that I have to ask to be created by Joop, Cardin, St laurent... I dont know who I have to contact, kdding...😝

u9B1Owe.jpg

so the faces part 1  already finished and all what we need to have happy Paras !

EDIT 

ms8nkDe.png

I think now My guys look a little more "british" they have the "touch" that I want, wihout the burlaps and for some, open chinstraps but already wiht some gloves with a little too much color, that I have to working on,

...and they are not finish, also Brothers arms are coming

Airborne French CZ NL BE no SAS troops, will come, but also Canadian Polish and the regular infantry !

WX55E5C.jpg

32zqBhf.jpg

EDIT just forgot to show the correct haircut hahaha !

TP2SWFT.jpg

GOMFmWw.jpg

enjoy 

JM

Edited by JM Stuff

wow- these guys are shaping up real nice!  the bergans look great, the face camo looks good (though more apropos for 6th ab at normandy ....arnhem was a day jump.)  helmet straps look good .    are they all testing ok?

the polish helmet crest is a good start, but the definition is a bit lacking.  it should be a crude stenciled eagle above a scroll, like the beret badge.  but that's a nit-pic, from a distance it is recognizable.  you really   delivered on this stuff!

thanks for your hard work,

rob

21 hours ago, quakerparrot67 said:

wow- these guys are shaping up real nice!  the bergans look great, the face camo looks good (though more apropos for 6th ab at normandy ....arnhem was a day jump.)  helmet straps look good .    are they all testing ok?

the polish helmet crest is a good start, but the definition is a bit lacking.  it should be a crude stenciled eagle above a scroll, like the beret badge.  but that's a nit-pic, from a distance it is recognizable.  you really   delivered on this stuff!

thanks for your hard work,

rob

the face camo looks good (though more apropos for 6th ab at normandy ....arnhem was a day jump.)  

>What that mean, that they dont have to be with camos faces ?

the polish helmet crest is a good start, but the definition is a bit lacking.  it should be a crude stenciled eagle above a scroll, like the beret badge. 

I know but, I do my best about it.

>Very difficult to put in the middle !

Thanks to yours comments 

Cheers

55 minutes ago, JM Stuff said:

the face camo looks good (though more apropos for 6th ab at normandy ....arnhem was a day jump.)  

>What that mean, that they dont have to be with camos faces ?

the polish helmet crest is a good start, but the definition is a bit lacking.  it should be a crude stenciled eagle above a scroll, like the beret badge. 

I know but, I do my best about it.

>Very difficult to put in the middle !

Thanks to yours comments 

Cheers

correct on the camo faces- in market garden they jumped in daylight and i haven't seen pictures of camo'ed faces.  for normandy  they (both brit and u.s.) did wear camo face paint, as they jumped  and fought at night.

please don't take any of this as criticism.  i'm  glad that these mods exist now, and will gladly use them 'as is'.  like they say, 'beggers can't be choosers', and modders like you, npye, and the rest have the rest of us in your debt.

cheers,

rob

2 hours ago, quakerparrot67 said:

correct on the camo faces- in market garden they jumped in daylight and i haven't seen pictures of camo'ed faces.

Ah, ok happy to know this, I didnt know, adn  doubt that everyodys know this also, and will check parts of the movie, "A bridge too be dirty" , and when this come from thrue, I will send all the Cies to the showers before jumping !

Edit Agree with this, this wil be int this case 2 kinds of faces, only a little little dirty and some really dirty !

for normandy  they (both brit and u.s.) did wear camo face paint, as they jumped  and fought at night.

Understanding, "the night all the cats are grey".

please don't take any of this as criticism.  i'm  glad that these mods exist now, and will gladly use them 'as is'.  like they say, 'beggers can't be choosers', and modders like you, npye, and the rest have the rest of us in your debt.

Dont worry criticism exist to be used and allowed to make better a job in details. 

Just prove the first sentence above choosing camos faces or not !

cheers,

rob

Thanks rob I go back

JM

Edited by JM Stuff

one of my favorite films since 10years old- but remember, this same 'source' also camoflaged the brit para helmets with foliage, not burlap,  and i definitely wouldn't be checking the film for details of german armor, either, lol!

cheers,

rob

I think the B2F have a good pictures of what the troops and vehicles were really, this is why I took some infos about this movie only the Polish are not very long in movie.

but better and better I have to change my plan with camos CW (brit can pol).

Can you make a short update about this 2 differents zone 

MG camos faces helmets berets

Us

CW 

Norm camos faces helmets berets

Us

CW

For me is important to have the distinction of the différents situations of uniforms, before I let go the mod on the Cmods !

Thanks in advance

Cheers

Just a little thing today !

you have the possibility to open your favorite CM game by clicking on a scenario, to do this, point a scenario somewhere on the game launch file, in the command "open with" but do not check the box "always open with " your game will launch but you will have to resume the scenario in the choose list.

This is not exceptional because it is only a link to a file, some like that already exists for other files or your pc, but it can be useful if you are working on a scenario or campaign and not always returning to your main game directory, it's just a time saver, another trick could be simply to creating a shortcut Cm Normandy, Fortress Italy... (.exe) in your scen camp directory.

Cheers

On 2/13/2023 at 4:45 PM, JM Stuff said:

I think the B2F have a good pictures of what the troops and vehicles were really, this is why I took some infos about this movie only the Polish are not very long in movie.

but better and better I have to change my plan with camos CW (brit can pol).

Can you make a short update about this 2 differents zone 

MG camos faces helmets berets

Us

CW 

Norm camos faces helmets berets

Us

CW

For me is important to have the distinction of the différents situations of uniforms, before I let go the mod on the Cmods !

Thanks in advance

Cheers

ok, i'm back.  sorry, jm.

for both d-day and m.g. the british airborne gear was basically the same.  dennison smocks over pattern 37 battledress  pattern 37 webbing blanco'd  to one or two shades of green, the same within units, not mixed.  the maroon beret was common to all commonwealth airborne troops, with  cap badge indicating branch/ unit-

paras- pndjRcjBj

glider pilots-pnZUfAnzj

recce- po8bLtHbj

glider-borne troop (s. staffordshires,  ox and bucks, etc) used the cap badge of their regiment-

s.staffs- pmMDZEEIj - arnhem

ox and bucks- poOwXeD6j- normandy

poles wore the same unforms and gear as british ab, but with grey beret and polish own insignia.

glider pilot and sas (europe, not desert) used bergen rucksacks.  british commandos also used bergens, but with webbing gear and front pouches.

all british airborne and poles used the airborne helmet, usually with net ant burlap scrim. polish helmet had stencilled polish eagle in yellow on front.  almost all british ab helmets had the black leather strap, a very small number up through market garden had the tan canvas strap.  polish ab helmets mostly had the tan canvas strap.

for d-day normandy, (night drop) all commnwealth airborne used black face camo .  for market garden (day drop) none was used  same for us paras.

sorry to be so late with this, jm, busy in real life stuf, but glad to be helping.  i'll get to work on th us side , and if theres anything i didn't cover here let me know.

cheers,

rob

Edited by quakerparrot67

the us  airborne troops, both 82nd and 101st divisions  -

normandy- m42  airborne uniform with re-enforce patches on elbows, knees, and pockets.-popFlcdUj

market garden (and after), m43 uniform -pmRFj1pYj

for normandy helmets were worn with net and burlap scrim.  for mg nets were worn  but not scrim.  for both battles a field bandage was sometimes tied to the front of the helmet net. tankers goggles were also sometimes worn on the helmet.

at market garden, both us ab divisions wore a large us flag patch or brassard on the right arm, though many may have been lost or discarded.

other than these basics, i don't konw much about details of us uniforms, equipment, etc.  i do know that there are good uniform mods for both dday and mg avaiable for the game. the main thing is, dday m42, market garden m43.

i hope this is of some help.

cheers,

rob

8 minutes ago, quakerparrot67 said:

the us  airborne troops, both 82nd and 101st divisions  -

normandy- m42  airborne uniform with re-enforce patches on elbows, knees, and pockets.-popFlcdUj

market garden (and after), m43 uniform -pmRFj1pYj

for normandy helmets were worn with net and burlap scrim.  for mg nets were worn  but not scrim.  for both battles a field bandage was sometimes tied to the front of the helmet net. tankers goggles were also sometimes worn on the helmet.

at market garden, both us ab divisions wore a large us flag patch or brassard on the right arm, though many may have been lost or discarded.

other than these basics, i don't konw much about details of us uniforms, equipment, etc.  i do know that there are good uniform mods for both dday and mg avaiable for the game. the main thing is, dday m42, market garden m43.

i hope this is of some help.

cheers,

rob

yes a lot (I want to put all) we will check later and compare, I like to see the "poor" soldiers wearing heavy things and having straps everywhere on the body, this give a real aspect of the reality,  😄 is very nice details thanks rob !

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/20/2023 at 12:05 AM, quakerparrot67 said:

here is more what the m43  at holland in mg would have looked like in action.  the picture is of a 'bastogne' figure, but its what was worn by the 101st and 82 in mg, too.

pm8iKQAWj

cheers,

rob

rob I like the uniforms of the airborne that you made some screenshots, can you tell me what kind of mods, or eventual provide a link about ?

Thanks in advance, soon I will begin again about them.