The British Forces Campaign - Highland Games

BFCElvis

Thanks a lot for this campaign! I see all campaigns are now SF2 level, no old ones remaining.

I just noticed something, which is not really a concern for me, but may be a concern for some people owning only some of the three expansion modules: With this highland games campaign the Marines Module pops up as a requirement. As shown by the lights above the module icons.

Same thing happened with the initial release of the SF2 "Semper Fi" Marines campaign, where it required a NATO module vehicle. That is fixed already.

1 hour ago, domfluff said:

Any cliff notes on major changes for this campaign? (or any of the updated ones really, now that they've all been done). 

New and better enemy AI. Also with the patch improvements to soldiers staying in cover and not running away or toward you, your opponent is tough and fights very hard. Patience, recon by fire, objective prep with whatever fire support you have is key ( of course those are always key, right?) you have plenty of time for each mission. I recommend making use of that and not rushing in thinking you can sweep the enemy away. (Ask me how I know this😀)

Be careful and watch your losses. It affects follow on missions in the campaign and you need plenty of resources for the last couple missions. 

don’t want to give any spoilers except slow and steady wins the race. I know that’s not much 😀

Dave

1 hour ago, Kevin2k said:

Thanks a lot for this campaign! I see all campaigns are now SF2 level, no old ones remaining.

I just noticed something, which is not really a concern for me, but may be a concern for some people owning only some of the three expansion modules: With this highland games campaign the Marines Module pops up as a requirement. As shown by the lights above the module icons.

Same thing happened with the initial release of the SF2 "Semper Fi" Marines campaign, where it required a NATO module vehicle. That is fixed already.

This has been tested throughly and does not need the Marines module to run. Yes the Marines icon is lit but this is due to one assest in one battle being available in both the Marines and British modules.

1 hour ago, Kevin2k said:

I believe it would show as grey in the menu list if you were actually missing something needed to run the campaign / scenario.

2 hours ago, domfluff said:

Any cliff notes on major changes for this campaign? (or any of the updated ones really, now that they've all been done). 

Each battle was gone over and adjusted to reflect the MAJOR engine changes since version 1. Triggers, map tweaks, bridges, more AI groups, different routes of attack, enhanced coordination between Opfor units, tweeks to objectives and a reworked campaign script adjusting resupply and refit to better reflect the reality of the difficulty of the campaign. 

Treat the advice of @Ultradave as gold and remember to save often.  

Thanks for the campaign, have looked forward to it. One question about the first mission - no spoiler. Should Javelin-teams always have a physical Javelin weapon shown graphically on the pixeltruppen? I have four teams, but only one shows a Javelin. Bug?

Edit: Also, how many missions in the campaign?

Edited by rocketman

2 hours ago, rocketman said:

Thanks for the campaign, have looked forward to it. One question about the first mission - no spoiler. Should Javelin-teams always have a physical Javelin weapon shown graphically on the pixeltruppen? I have four teams, but only one shows a Javelin. Bug?

Edit: Also, how many missions in the campaign?

In the first mission, Border Crossing, there are a total of 2 Javelin teams, so not sure how you managed to get 4. Can you post a screenshot?

There are a total of 21 missions in the campaign, 16 of which you will have the chance to play depending on your successes or which path you choose to take. 

12 hours ago, Heirloom_Tomato said:

In the first mission, Border Crossing, there are a total of 2 Javelin teams, so not sure how you managed to get 4. Can you post a screenshot?

There are a total of 21 missions in the campaign, 16 of which you will have the chance to play depending on your successes or which path you choose to take. 

Wow, 16 missions. It's like an entire game in itself.

Here are a couple of screenshots with units looking like they should have Javelins but don't. Maybe it is the formation causing this.

ilwOYAg.png

OaIVKuE.png

15 hours ago, Heirloom_Tomato said:

And to play ALL, just make sure you have a save at the point where you have to make a choice. Then after you finish one option, you can go back and do the other option from the point of the choice.

Dave

7 hours ago, akd said:

They will switch to small arms when moving, I believe.  Javelin is not shown on back when not in gunner’s hands (because it is not really a single item, but two components that are combined).

Seems like the only time the Javelin shows is when the guy with it is kneeling. I wonder if it is only ready to be fired from that position and if it takes some time to ready it for fire from the prone position.

Steam user here: I picked up the British Forces DLC a few days ago and downloaded this update tonight. On starting the game, the Highland Games campaign is greyed out and there's a red text telling me I need the Marines DLC. Replacing the original file fixes the issue, but as it stands, downloading your update prevents me from playing the DLC unless I buy another DLC.

Some help with this would be appreciated.

18 hours ago, Jimbob said:

Steam user here: I picked up the British Forces DLC a few days ago and downloaded this update tonight. On starting the game, the Highland Games campaign is greyed out and there's a red text telling me I need the Marines DLC. Replacing the original file fixes the issue, but as it stands, downloading your update prevents me from playing the DLC unless I buy another DLC.

Hi Jimbob, welcome.  I see why you posted your issue here but it might be worth also posting it in the General Discussion Technical Help forum as well.  I don't have SF2 yet so apologies I can't really comment on the issue.  Of course someone more knowledgeable than me (it's not hard) such as @BFCElvis may be able to shed more light on it.

1 hour ago, Howler said:

I started this campaign (non-steam CMSF2) and it does seem to require the USMC module if the green dot is to be believed.

The campaign does not need the Marines module. There is one unit in one scenario which was included in both the British module and the Marines module. For those who have both modules, both green dots come on for this reason. 

22 hours ago, Jimbob said:

This should not be happening. I know the campaign was checked with only the British module activated and it worked. Just to double check, what is your version # in the bottom right hand corner of the main screen?

4 hours ago, danfrodo said:

maybe I missed in initial campaign briefing, though I just looked again and don't see it -- anyone know the ammo situation for this?   -- I'm in first battle but don't know if ammo gets replenished each battle or not so reticent to use artillery and javelins.

Was wondering the same thing myself.