The British Forces Campaign - Highland Games

BFCElvis

On 9/18/2020 at 5:22 PM, Jimbob said:

Steam user here: I picked up the British Forces DLC a few days ago and downloaded this update tonight. On starting the game, the Highland Games campaign is greyed out and there's a red text telling me I need the Marines DLC. Replacing the original file fixes the issue, but as it stands, downloading your update prevents me from playing the DLC unless I buy another DLC.

Some help with this would be appreciated.

Hi Jimbob, on the Steam forums you noted that all of the Brit module content is grayed out, not just the campaign.

2 hours ago, Lille Fiskerby said:

In the second mission of the new Highland campaign my platoon commanders is denied calling in support, this must be a bug, right ?

Is he out of a vehicle? (Sorry, I can't remember now what the 2d mission is) If so, check his icon for any kind of radio. There are times when I had a dismounted commander of some level and to call fire I had to get him back into his vehicle.

Dave

6 hours ago, Lille Fiskerby said:

In the second mission of the new Highland campaign my platoon commanders is denied calling in support, this must be a bug, right ?

Had the same problem in the campaign, confirmed in QB that all British infantry platoon leaders are denied calling any artillery support, including their own 51mm mortar. Attached is a QB save file.

Brit can't call arty.bts

2 hours ago, stuxneet said:

Had the same problem in the campaign, confirmed in QB that all British infantry platoon leaders are denied calling any artillery support, including their own 51mm mortar. Attached is a QB save file.

Brit can't call arty.bts 1.43 MB · 0 downloads

Not denying the existence of a possible bug - but the 51mm mortar is not called in - you issue it a target command.

8 hours ago, stuxneet said:

Brit can't call arty.bts 1.43 MB · 1 download

Although I didn't download your save (given your username and that it's your first post 😉 ), I can confirm what you say. 

It's just infantry platoon HQs who have the problem so it seems, their rifle squads can call in fire. Also other teams can call in.2004247685_cmshockforce2.exeScreenshot2020_09_23-01_49_23_07.thumb.png.960451f1c75617262852638769abe142.png

439299390_cmshockforce2.exeScreenshot2020_09.23-01_49_31_52.thumb.png.def98fa6303689ce4d1b4885e5d07b72.png

1406776733_cmshockforce2.exeScreenshot2020_09.23-01_49_57_38.thumb.png.dbe6ca07fe7a86585c01585b0a0173cf.png

15 hours ago, Sgt Joch said:

are you trying to call in air support? You need a Tac Air Control unit for that.

Not in the British Army, almost any british team can call in air support.

6 hours ago, Lethaface said:

It's just infantry platoon HQs who have the problem so it seems, their rifle squads can call in fire. Also other teams can call in.

Yes, that is how I see it to. Maybe it has to do with the fact that you can use the platoon HQ (with the 51 mm mortar) for indirect fire ?

It hasn't really been noticeable in my playthrough- pretty much every unit, down to Warrior IFVs, is able to call for fire with only a minute or two longer delay than platoon leaders, and you generally have attached FOs as well.

20 hours ago, Lethaface said:

Although I didn't download your save (given your username and that it's your first post 😉 ), I can confirm what you say. 

Hey, at least you knew the reference! 🙂

1 hour ago, stuxneet said:

It hasn't really been noticeable in my playthrough- pretty much every unit, down to Warrior IFVs, is able to call for fire with only a minute or two longer delay than platoon leaders, and you generally have attached FOs as well.

Yeah in general platoon HQs wouldn't be my goto for calling in the fire support. But it is indeed a bug and has been reported. 

1 hour ago, stuxneet said:

Hey, at least you knew the reference! 🙂

Obviously 😉
There is a good documentary about it, also read the book Zero Days. While I'm no security officer, security is always on my mind. I know that anyone skilled enough can hide stuff in whatever file, so including a '.bts'. Not sure how he/she would go about actually executing it, but it may very well be possible to offload such a task to the privileges required for starting CM anyway. Long story short, didn't trust it so didn't download it. 

Edited by Lethaface

21 hours ago, Lethaface said:

It's just infantry platoon HQs who have the problem so it seems, their rifle squads can call in fire. Also other teams can call in.

Can you attach such screenshots directly to the forum here?  I am still in the stone age with a 2 MB total upload limit for for all posts combined....

31 minutes ago, Kevin2k said:

Can you attach such screenshots directly to the forum here?  I am still in the stone age with a 2 MB total upload limit for for all posts combined....

Seems so, don't know why perhaps because I've registered here back in the stone age. Otherwise it's easy to use some image hosting website.

Edited by Lethaface

On 9/19/2020 at 1:06 PM, danfrodo said:

maybe I missed in initial campaign briefing, though I just looked again and don't see it -- anyone know the ammo situation for this?   -- I'm in first battle but don't know if ammo gets replenished each battle or not so reticent to use artillery and javelins.

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you on this. Without giving away too much, there is varying degrees of resupply throughout the campaign. There a couple of battles which take place quite quickly after the previous battle and resupply in those is rather limited. Otherwise most battles will see you start the mission after receiving some supplies. 

Thanks Mr Tomato!  I just battle #3.  And I have my first challenger tanks!   All this great new gear I've never used before.  And I was happy to see a modernized version of the little 51mm mortar.  I like the campaign.  So far, a good challenge in the tradeoff b/w my high relative firepower & my weakness in needing to greatly minimize losses. 

28 minutes ago, danfrodo said:

Thanks Mr Tomato!  I just battle #3.  And I have my first challenger tanks!   All this great new gear I've never used before.  And I was happy to see a modernized version of the little 51mm mortar.  I like the campaign.  So far, a good challenge in the tradeoff b/w my high relative firepower & my weakness in needing to greatly minimize losses. 

Those tanks are your friends! Be kind to them and they will take care of you. The 51mm mortar is a great tool for quick, accurate, bad days for the enemy. 

TIP FOR SCENARIO #4, NOT A SPOILER:  before you start the battle choose real time instead of turn based.  Battle #4 is a stealth scouting mission and I was playing it thinking "this would be way better if I could control things in real time" -- duh, then realized there IS realtime, so I am restarting in real time.  then will go back to we-go for subsequent fights.

Battle #3 is a really fun one.  I lost a couple AFVs and a several men, which crushes my soul, but got a total victory.

I am really impressed w the imagination & effort that went into this campaign.  I am on battle #9 now.  I'm doing pretty well but have lost some scimitars & warriors along the way, usually ~1 per battle.  I am concerned this seemingly low attrition is more than I can afford, despite getting a victory every time. 

On 9/29/2020 at 12:10 PM, danfrodo said:

TIP FOR SCENARIO #4, NOT A SPOILER:  before you start the battle choose real time instead of turn based.  Battle #4 is a stealth scouting mission and I was playing it thinking "this would be way better if I could control things in real time" -- duh, then realized there IS realtime, so I am restarting in real time.  then will go back to we-go for subsequent fights.

Battle #3 is a really fun one.  I lost a couple AFVs and a several men, which crushes my soul, but got a total victory.

Did you succeed in Mission #4? 

12 hours ago, danfrodo said:

I am really impressed w the imagination & effort that went into this campaign.  I am on battle #9 now.  I'm doing pretty well but have lost some scimitars & warriors along the way, usually ~1 per battle.  I am concerned this seemingly low attrition is more than I can afford, despite getting a victory every time. 

Have you lost any Challengers? 

22 hours ago, Heirloom_Tomato said:

Nope, my challengers are all safe.  Those are some beautiful machines 🥰.  Maybe if Brits drop tanks we can pick up challengers cheap on craigslist.  Won't fit in garage but would look nice parked on the street. 

I am now on the mission w the road that curves around the big hill and I am ordered to set up a blocking position and clear a bunch of HQs & other military buildings. 

I did succeed in Mission #4.  I think I got a tactical V.  Mission 5 was an utter disaster 3 minutes in, so I restarted at different setup position.  yes this is cheating, but it was such a ridiculous blunder and just barely started I don't feel too guilty.

I used realtime in the convoy mission also.  This may or may not have helped.  I lost two LAV and two trucks in that but got a major victory somehow.

really good stuff.  Playing the hundreds of hours of battles I haven't yet touched makes me forget to complain about F&R. 😀

On 10/6/2020 at 5:10 AM, Heirloom_Tomato said:

That very suggestion is borderline blasphemy!  :o

7 hours ago, danfrodo said:

Those are some beautiful machines 🥰.  Maybe if Brits drop tanks we can pick up challengers cheap on craigslist.  Won't fit in garage but would look nice parked on the street.

National disgrace.....Those responsible should be dragged out of their beds and shot in the base of the skull.  :mellow:

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead