Battlefront Poll Updated

Please Upvote each post below that you would like to see Battlefront consider working on.  I've distilled the topics to a dozen. Here is a short list:

1. Blitzkrieg: 1939-40 
2. Barbarossa: 1941-43
3. Afrika Korps: 1940-43 
4. Expansion of Combat Mission Games to VE-Day on Both Fronts: 1944-1945
5. Arab-Israeli Wars: 1948–49, 56, 67, 73, 82, and 2006
6. Vietnam War: 1955-75
7. "Fulda Gap": 1970-90
8. "Battlefield Asia": Modern Day
9. One Engine - CMx3
10. Enhanced Modding Support
11. New Modules more battlepacks for existing titles
12. Surprise me - I'm certain to love it

4. Expansion of Combat Mission Games to VE-Day on Both Fronts: 1944-1945
End-of-war module that includes Brits, crossing the Rhine and the Ruhr pocket
A siege of Budapest for Hungarians
Battle for Berlin
(East vs West, 1945, 46)

9. One Engine - CMx3
game performance improvments, graphics improvements, ray tracing, intermediate distance bitmaps
additional editor features, dynamic operational campaigns
additional gameplay features, coop, LoS tool, visible aircraft

11. New Modules more battlepacks for existing titles
New Countries for Barbarossa (Bulgaria Hungary Romania Yugoslavia Partisans). 
Additional modules for Red Thunder
Additional modules for CMSF2: Modern Day Syria, Turkey, Iraq 
CMBS Marines (from both sides)
Commonwealth forces and expansion into VE Day for Final Blitzkrieg

By priority:

1. Blitzkrieg 39-40 with horses :) 

11. European conventional conflict "sandbox", based on CMBS (+Ukraine with UNCONs, +Baltic states, +Poland, +СMSF2 NATO countries) maybe on CMx3 engine

Turkey and France modules to CMSF2

7. Fulda Gap

5. Arab-Israeli 1973

12. Korea

Edited by Haiduk

8. Back when Steve was pondering doing something with China I had suggested the 'near future' Chinese invasion of Taiwan. Taiwan has some nifty M60 family armor (with cool camou.) But Steve was cool to the idea, said the conflict would be over in no time were to really happen.  Taiwan's half again larger than Israel with three times the population. it seems as viable a theater of operations as any other.

Here's a weird set of picts. A Taiwanese M60A3 with... logs fitted to the sides and turret? Or am I misinterpreting the picture?

GLSrU0Q copy.jpg

1dSCcvU copy.jpg

A new game engine is the most important. One which is 64bit, so one can have three battalions in a scenario without the game lagging or crashing, and works well with new graphic cards. But it shouldn't require the newest cards but work well with those that are 5 to 10 years old too.

That is choise number 9 in the list.

9. One Engine - CMx3

Edited by BornGinger

19 hours ago, MikeyD said:

8. Back when Steve was pondering doing something with China I had suggested the 'near future' Chinese invasion of Taiwan. Taiwan has some nifty M60 family armor (with cool camou.) But Steve was cool to the idea, said the conflict would be over in no time were to really happen.  Taiwan's half again larger than Israel with three times the population. it seems as viable a theater of operations as any other.

Here's a weird set of picts. A Taiwanese M60A3 with... logs fitted to the sides and turret? Or am I misinterpreting the picture?

GLSrU0Q copy.jpg

1dSCcvU copy.jpg

20 hours ago, MikeyD said:

I showed these pictures to a veteran friend of mine.  He said "In combat, if it looks stupid but works... It isn't stupid..."

23 hours ago, MikeyD said:

GLSrU0Q copy.jpg

1dSCcvU copy.jpg

doesn't reactive armor look sort of like that?  It does look like logs though, although maybe it's some sort of strange looking reactive armor.