Battlefront Poll Updated

On 7/16/2020 at 5:35 AM, MikeyD said:

duplicate

UXUJmh9.png

... so I'm musing that the Longmen fishing port at the east end might offer a channel deep enough to run a modified cargo ship into, based on the bigger fishing boats moored there. You stick it fast in the entrance and unload across the mole.

But it would certainly be a tricky operation, and wouldn't allow too many AFVs to be carried in. Transferring troops to lighters at sea (at night) to lighten the draft would be inviting disaster; the 'Black Ditch' channel running between Penghu and Taiwan proper is known to be a treacherous piece of water.

Edited by LongLeftFlank
map

20 minutes ago, MOS:96B2P said:

+2.  Penghu is an interesting island, airfield, ports, urban area.  Lots of cool possibilities for different operations.  

Agreed, and I was thinking you might be especially intrigued! The more time I spend zooming in/street view on GoogleMaps and Wikimapia, the more interesting little bits appear; for example, the disused southern airfield appears to be a tank park now.

The workshops, though, are in the main base area, that cluster of hexes at the crossroads between the main city and the active airport.

Edited by LongLeftFlank

53 minutes ago, mjkerner said:

How far are you planning on taking this, LLF? I have thought about doing Taiwan-China uniform and gear mods, in both SF2 and CW, but I’m no good at buildings or vehicles.

I'm reasonably good at buildings and other structures, as you know. Vehicles, not so much. @Erwin, do you happen to have that Korean war mod someone (@M1A1TC?) did for SF1? It had some good building textures: ugly green tilework, etc. My guess though is that this would become an offshoot of @37mm's H&E magnum opus, albeit with 'temperate zone' adjustments.

BUT as I've noted elsewhere, work constraints strictly limit my ability to get sucked into another big project.

.... But I was reading some (alarmist) stuff about how vulnerable Taiwan is to the New And Improved Xi PLA. And I was kind of, ok, well if I was Xi and didn't want to risk 80,000 young men dead at the bottom of the ocean when it turns out I don't have the air/sea mastery I thought I did, what might I do short of full OVERLORD? And 'grab Penghu' was one obvious answer.

Which led me to, well, how might one do that? And I figured I'd share my musings.

Edited by LongLeftFlank

15 minutes ago, Artkin said:

CM about to turn into arma

Yes, that occurred to me too. Especially since one possible gambit is to seize those tanks on the old airstrip and turn them on their former owners! Beats shipping them across lol and adds to defender confusion and demoralization. Providing your own side and air force knows that's in the plan.... 

Does anyone know if the Yonghu M60 has reactive armour? 

Edited by LongLeftFlank

2 hours ago, LongLeftFlank said:

do you happen to have that Korean war mod someone (@M1A1TC?) did for SF1

I recall having mods for Africa; Balkan; Al Nusra; Syrope; Twilight 2000; IDF; Iraqis; Mali-Pakistan; India etc.  But, can't find and do not recall any Korean mods.  Sorry...  

6 minutes ago, 37mm said:

Here's the NK mod thread... I don't think it was ever released.

Very nice this mod I got it from the past with cmmods 2 no but  from the repository from Battlefront page but I guess is only for cmsf 1.

Do you have the Idea to make a conversion for cmsf2 ?

This will be nice !

Edited by JM Stuff

4 hours ago, Erwin said:

I recall having mods for Africa; Balkan; Al Nusra; Syrope; Twilight 2000; IDF; Iraqis; Mali-Pakistan; India etc.  But, can't find and do not recall any Korean mods.  Sorry...  

Nice to listening again about all these olds mods !

But we need somebody to a reconversion to cmsf2 !

He said: "Ok, this mod should be uploaded very shortly, check the Repository. Various things included, some things were not as they were not finished. Still working on voices, background,vehicles,etc. Hope you all enjoy it."

Not sure I ever saw it in the Repository.  Maybe that was when BF shut it down and CMMODS took over.  Very odd that all that work disappeared.