December morning

First of all, thanks for the demo - just getting started and it feels good.

A few observations:

• The tracks in the roads don't always line up properly
  • A vehicle (no mention because of spoilers) is missing a part of its side plating
  • Missing art for artillery (no pun intended) other than the 60mm (can't remember size)
  • A cool looking tunnel exit - is that a new feature or something made out of a bridge (can't check in editor). If a new feature, plese include in CMFI in the future as I want it for a planned scenario

Just now, rocketman said:

First of all, thanks for the demo - just getting started and it feels good.

A few observations:

• The tracks in the roads don't always line up properly
  • A vehicle (no mention because of spoilers) is missing a part of its side plating
  • Missing art for artillery (no pun intended) other than the 60mm (can't remember size)
  • A cool looking tunnel exit - is that a new feature or something made out of a bridge (can't check in editor). If a new feature, plese include in CMFI in the future as I want it for a planned scenario

i dont see the demo

6 minutes ago, rocketman said:

A vehicle (no mention because of spoilers) is missing a part of its side plating

That's a normal part of the vehicles, sometimes they are missing pieces of their side skirts.

Noted!

Just a crafty mission designer making use of existing pieces!

48 minutes ago, ChrisND said:

That's a normal part of the vehicles, sometimes they are missing pieces of their side skirts.

Noted!

Just a crafty mission designer making use of existing pieces!

The tunnel exit (or is it an entrance?? :D ) looks neat ... but mine (on a Mac) has the deris just inside the tunnel "floating" in the air?? Not a deal breaker, but looks odd and wasn't sure if this was known / intended, or a glitch?

-Spoiler-

The missing platoon is placed a bit unfairly. I spawns directly in front of that armored car and you can't spot it until the round starts. In my game, it actually proved completely impossible to spot for my bazooka guys, while every movement drew immediate fire from it like it had thermals or something. Dunno if that is because it is behind hedges, but to me that whole platoon was all but useless.

I'm currently playing the demo training mission and haven't checked the other missions, but my text is in a light blue font. I find it very difficult to read. I'm using a Mac Pro with El Capitan. Does anyone else have blue text? 

Great map...played it twice already...One thing is for sure if you push your tanks ahead of your ground pounders your probably going to get wacked... Those dang panzerfausts. I lost almost all of my tanks but still managed to win a partial victory....As far as the lost platoon was concerned...I spit them up and flanked those armoured cars...but I still got chewed up alittle bit by there main gun. The other thing that I thought was cool was when you open up the half track the guys in the back pop up and return fire... You might loose a few guys as seems to be the case....My men would not like my tactical choices, but after all it's a game.

Armoured Infantry shoot back.jpg

30 minutes ago, Barkhorn1x said:

Spotted what I think is another error.  The US get's Combat Engineers as reinforcements about 10/11 turns in. But they are labeled as Pioneers and that is the German term and not the US term.

I think that's the case in all the WW II games although I admit I haven't searched for that.

Michael

Copied from the other thread

Seeing how this seems to have become a bit of an issue - just for clarification.

• The patchy snow is artist licence as the map looks a lot more attractive with it than just plain old dreary, muddy, muted green.
  • The weather for the scenario was initially set as clear blue skies and the US had air support, however these were both pulled for balance/game play purpose (you nearly got mist at one stage).
  • L Co 117th Inf Regt was part of Task Force McGeorge  that operated in the Roanne - Roanne Coo area over the period 18th - 22nd Dec, before moving from Roanne towards Trois Ponts.
  • The battalion pioneer platoon (A&P Plt) in reality was truck mounted, but halftracks have been used for balance purposes and interest.
  • C Co 743rd Tank was also part of TF McGeorge and supported 117th Inf Regt over the period, but whether they had Easy Eights and a 105mm working together is unlikely.
  • The German forces in the area of Moulin Marechal were known as Sperrgruppe Muhle, being elements of 1./SS-Pz.Aufkl.Abt 1, but by the 23rd it is likely they had withdrawn from the mill to Ferme Werimont just off map to the west.
  • As such the mission as depicted is fictitious.

No stop talking about the weather and lets read some AAR's

@Aragorn2002 I only made the one map for the game - sorry about that  - however as you can see the demo only uses a small part of it though (SE corner)

tease.jpg

P

Edited by Pete Wenman

On April 3, 2016 at 8:56 PM, Ultradave said:

All the text on mine appears white - briefing, and objectives. Information text on the screen (Like "to <name of town>) appears red.  MacBook Pro El Cap 10.11.4

Sorry, I wasn't clear. The text I was referring to is the status text for the selected unit that appears in the box at the left corner of the "battle" screen. I checked a couple other missions, and they have the same color text (it looks OK in those though). Maybe the gray shading of the text box background is off. It seems too light to give a good contrast between the light blue text and the white ground. I've had to move my view so the unit status has trees or something dark as a background. As I said, I found it very hard to read the unit status.

7 hours ago, Pete Wenman said:

I only made the one map for the game - sorry about that  - however as you can see the demo only uses a small part of it though (SE corner)

No need to be sorry about that, Pete, if the rest of the map is as good as the part showed in the demo (which no doubt it will be), we are in for a  treat.

3 hours ago, Vet 0369 said:

Sorry, I wasn't clear. The text I was referring to is the status text for the selected unit that appears in the box at the left corner of the "battle" screen. I checked a couple other missions, and they have the same color text (it looks OK in those though). Maybe the gray shading of the text box background is off. It seems too light to give a good contrast between the light blue text and the white ground. I've had to move my view so the unit status has trees or something dark as a background. As I said, I found it very hard to read the unit status.

Oh, so you mean this, shown in the picture below? On mine it appears this yellow color (pardon me if it's green or whatever. I'm colorblind). But definitely not blue and the same as every other title. This is a screen shot from the demo.  I just checked and it appears the same in the full game to me. I wonder what could be causing that.

TextExample.jpg

two quick observations in this demo scenario; not sure if possible bugs or tacai changes?

1. Had un-buttoned tc under small arms fire for an entire turn killed at 50 or so secs. Recall in other titles they would button themselves up after a few salvos..

2. Had a regular squad under fire for less than 30 secs. No wia or kia but they remained rattled for the rest of the scenario?..

sorry no saves but perhaps others are seeing this as well. 

Map is a work of art! Thanks

16 hours ago, Vic4 said:

two quick observations in this demo scenario; not sure if possible bugs or tacai changes?

I do not think there are any changes in this area that would effect them

16 hours ago, Vic4 said:

1. Had un-buttoned tc under small arms fire for an entire turn killed at 50 or so secs. Recall in other titles they would button themselves up after a few salvos..

They still will.  As with many things in the game there are plenty of variables that go into the TC's decision to button up.  I do not recall seeing any differences in this behaviour.  Some times they get the message and button up int time.  Sometimes they are slow and get hit.

16 hours ago, Vic4 said:

2. Had a regular squad under fire for less than 30 secs. No wia or kia but they remained rattled for the rest of the scenario?..

Yeah that can happen.  That does seem short but their own morale state, training and leadership play a factor plus were they in command with the platoon HQ at the time?  That makes a significant difference too.