December morning

6 hours ago, IanL said:

Yeah that can happen.  That does seem short but their own morale state, training and leadership play a factor plus were they in command with the platoon HQ at the time?  That makes a significant difference too.

Out of command plus green/conscript will cause that pretty easily, at least from my experience. A bit strange for a regular unit, though. I suppose motivation level and out of command might, but I would have expected some casualties needed before they stayed that way the whole game.  Still, c'est le guerre!

YMMV

7 hours ago, IanL said:

I do not think there are any changes in this area that would effect them

They still will.  As with many things in the game there are plenty of variables that go into the TC's decision to button up.  I do not recall seeing any differences in this behaviour.  Some times they get the message and button up int time.  Sometimes they are slow and get hit.

Yeah that can happen.  That does seem short but their own morale state, training and leadership play a factor plus were they in command with the platoon HQ at the time?  That makes a significant difference too.

hadn't considered the C2 variable; that may be it. Thx