Russian army under equipped?

1 hour ago, HUSKER2142 said:

I wonder whose engine costs KB "Saturn" or "Klimov"?
In general, it has long been necessary to equip our Orion UAVs with an analogue of Hellfire missile.

Most likely Saturn/Salyut AL31 derivative of some sort.

It seems that we really do not like Hellfire idea. UCAVs are getting guided munitions though it seems, maybe LMUR.

• 2 weeks later...

T-80 seems to be having a bit of a renaissance.....T-80UE-1 is at the tank biathlon:

I like the T-80 crews much more than the T-72 crews TBH.  ;)

http://gurkhan.blogspot.com/2019/08/80-1-723.html

Meanwhile upgraded T-80BVs are going to the far east:

http://gurkhan.blogspot.com/2019/08/80.html

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

Makes sense to have women as tank crews esp with auto loading.  Less need for muscle power and the tank can be smaller exterior and interior.  Ditto for pilots and planes.  Also I read that there are more women than men, so more expendable.

(Since many here don't speke English too good, that was a joke btw.)

12 hours ago, Frenchy56 said:

Having an autoloader doesn't mean that being a tank crewman is less manual. What do you do when your tank throws a track, or something else fails and doesn't really warrant a recovery crew? 

Yes, the point is that it is one less crewman to do such first echelon maintenance. 

15 hours ago, Erwin said:

Well, you go find a man to do the heavy lifting work - like always...  Silly...

Hah. Reminds me of the picture with the Russian female paratrooper with a big wide grin strolling about in a field with her "buddy" carrying her rucksack along with his own. Don't have it on me right now.

Doesn't Russia tend to steer short-stature males into the tank force because of difficulty shoe-horning 'robust' men into the fighting compartment? Add a little dairy to the national diet and the percentage of short men for the tank force drops. Female tanker wouldn't be replacing Jason Momoa-sized tankers but Tom Cruise-sized tankers. ^_^

US had toyed with the idea of reduced crew and autoloader for tanks for decades but has been reluctant to do it due to the difficulty properly maintaining a tank in the field with just three crewmembers (according to an article I read long ago). Now, with Abrams hitting 70 tons the Pentagon is contemplating reducing crew count in order to drastically knock down turret weight. Perhaps the trade-off will be worth it now.

• 4 weeks later...

The promo clip is ok I guess.

It is interesting to see that the "terrorists" have an Army sized formation, supported by air defenses and air power amongst other things, and which penetrated 150km into the depth of the defender.

Edited by ikalugin

2 hours ago, ikalugin said:

It is interesting to see that the "terrorists" have an Army sized formation, supported by air defenses and air power amongst other things, and which penetrated 150km into the depth of the defender.

Political expediency, really. It's good sense to plan for a fight against your peers, even better sense to not offend sensibilities by labeling them as much. Much like how we in the West go to painful lengths to create fantastical nation-states to fight. 

• 1 month later...

Russia in this game is uber over equipped. IRL they dont have t-90am in service, they dont have bmp-2m and and bmp-3m in service, they dont have brm-3k in service. Almost every shiny tech that russia has in this game irl is just fantasy or just prototypes. And those that is actually in service made overpowered in game. For example btr-82a irl has much worse optics than btr-4, but in game its reversed. Airburst munitions for btr-82a is not produced by russia, it was ordered from europe, and after sanctions its not possible anymore. Kornet atgm is much much older and inferior system than Scif, but in game they are equal or even kornet stronger. And so on. 

3 hours ago, Oleg said:

Russia in this game is uber over equipped. IRL they dont have t-90am in service, they dont have bmp-2m and and bmp-3m in service, they dont have brm-3k in service. Almost every shiny tech that russia has in this game irl is just fantasy or just prototypes. And those that is actually in service made overpowered in game. For example btr-82a irl has much worse optics than btr-4, but in game its reversed. Airburst munitions for btr-82a is not produced by russia, it was ordered from europe, and after sanctions its not possible anymore. Kornet atgm is much much older and inferior system than Scif, but in game they are equal or even kornet stronger. And so on. 

How many game relevant Oplots are in Ukrainian service?

1 hour ago, ikalugin said:

How many game relevant Oplots are in Ukrainian service?

"БМ «Оплот», например, в Вооружённых Силах имеется в единственном экземпляре – в харьковском Институте танковых войск"

For example Ukrainian Army has only one Oplot tank in its inventory. It's kept in the Kharkiv's Institute of Armored Forces.

http://opk.com.ua/острейшие-проблемы-всу-сегодня-не-свя/

On 11/25/2019 at 2:38 PM, Oleg said:

The game developing was started in 2011 like "2017 - what if", not by the current war. Vision of 2011 about "in-game" armies-2017, of course, differs from real armies-2017. I suggest you to read main forum topics in order to not rise old flames  

On 12/1/2019 at 5:12 PM, IMHO said:

1546927782_203.jpg

Russian OTH radar "Container". As it uses low-frequencies it can see stealth objects up to 2K km away. But certainly just a detection not a weapons grade track. https://topwar.ru/152227-rls-29b6-kontejner-v-mordovii-zastupit-na-boevoe-dezhurstvo-v-tekuschem-godu.html

The mainstream is up to 3000km, note that the current Western node is still incomplete and offers only 240 degrees of coverage. The current program seems to be to complete that node for 360 degree coverage and add 3 more (North, South, East).

On 11/26/2019 at 5:26 PM, Haiduk said:

The game developing was started in 2011 like "2017 - what if", not by the current war. Vision of 2011 about "in-game" armies-2017, of course, differs from real armies-2017. I suggest you to read main forum topics in order to not rise old flames  

It wouldn't be a very fun game if we had whole Ukrainian units turning tail . 😉

I have read that both Russia and Ukraine use the 2A45M towed 125mm AT gun. How common are these guns and what formations have them?

1 hour ago, DougPhresh said:

I have read that both Russia and Ukraine use the 2A45M towed 125mm AT gun. How common are these guns and what formations have them?

2A45M was never in Ukarainian service.

Russia has only 24 Sprut-B guns and as I know they are using for AT-tactic research purposes and trainings, not in combat units.