Rundstedt Sends His Best - a CMFB Comic AAR

I was kind of wondering if there are two Sturmtigers making appearances over that hill, because a reload time of two minutes is far shorter than anything I've read before, for this vehicle whose projectile weighs about 700 pounds.  And I can't picture the crew handling that thing while the vehicle is moving.  

But I know it's a fun unit to be in the game and maybe BF gave it a quick reload time so the players would get some kicks out of it.

Bud_B,

I was fortunate to read this fine novel in one go on an actual monitor (i.e., not a smartphone) and I must congratulate you on this fantastic work!

Only "criticism": Those black lines indicating movement do not really work for me. I would omit them.

Beware of the Sturmtiger! It is not easy to destroy!

I hope your wife is well and wish her a speedy recovery!

Best regards,
Thomm

Bud_B,

I was fortunate to read this fine novel in one go on an actual monitor (i.e., not a smartphone) and I must congratulate you on this fantastic work!

Only "criticism": Those black lines indicating movement do not really work for me. I would omit them.

Beware of the Sturmtiger! It is not easy to destroy!

I hope your wife is well and wish her a speedy recovery!

Best regards,
Thomm

Thank you for saying what I lacked the guts to mention. I also don't think they work too well.Sorry.

I like the black lines. Reminds me of early 60's Steve Ditko style.

This is a comic and not just screenshots.... 

Noticed that too and took me some seconds to realize these indicate movement. Maybe a single dashed line works better. Just a thought. Otherwise great fun to watch and read the developing story. :)

2 minutes reload time?
I suppose that Ken will suggest a banzai charge...

P.S:
Which program/s are you using to convert the screenshots and modify the images?
Are you a professional designer/painter?

Thanks for the feedback. 4 comics in and you finally hear about something that's been there from the beginning! :D

The lines to denote movement are necessary as these are stills and the game does not show motion blur one needs something to indicate motion and direction. I spent some time looking at how the pros do/did it, and their use of lines similar to these is very widespread. They tailored them more but then they were professional artists who would spend 5 years to do one 60 page comic. I'm doing this on the fly over a few weeks. ;)

I have a stylus now and will explore how to make them more dynamic and adapt them to the scene better, but that will be for comic 5 - assuming BFC finds this a success and wants me to do another. :)

One thing I'm not prepared to do is change the "look" in the middle of the comic. It will be confusing and appear sloppy, so those who don't like the lines will just have to bear with them till the bitter end! :P

Now, about that SturmTiger: 

-Moblity should be comparable to the King Tiger, which weighs slightly more but has more track to distribute the weight. The Tiger has remarkable floatation and is far more mobile and less likely to bog than say, a Sherman. Weight is not the full story. 

-I wondered about the reload time so I loaded this creature in a QB and fired a few shots, and timed the reloading process. It hovers around two minutes and perhaps 10-15 seconds. I could fine no primary sources that indicated the historical reload time. 

-There is "only" 125kg of explosive in each 350+ kg shell. Do not expect them to make craters like naval gunfire of the same shell diameter, they wouldn't and that's realistic.

- Frontal armour is 150mm, which is more than the Tiger I, but sides are 82mm which are about the same as the Tiger I. The SturmTiger is slightly lower than the Tiger I.