Free Copy AAR: c3k vs DMS. No DMS.

c3k

In summation:

First, Michael (DMS) has been a great opponent. Thank you for an engaging pbem.

The game? Well, I'm in hospital, with a buxom nurse, and DMS is cowering in the corner of an abandoned building. Where would you rather be? Yeah, me too: I win. ;)

Just kidding! C'mon. Sheesh. By the rules as written, this must be a draw. Neither side got their leader on the bridge.

Oh, IanL? Don't make me laugh! Really? You thought he would count? Pshaw. I realized he needed motivation, so I gave him the "mission" as a bit of a carrot. ;)

In a tactical sense, DMS must get the tip of the hat. His early smoke and mid-game arty were inspired. I merely threw men into the fight.

Thanks for watching.

Ken

Great AAR, thanks. Can we get a screen of the stats screen? Casualties, kills, survivors etc?

Gotta go, so not right now. (Away from gaming rig.)

But my high score unit was Blue 2, with 42 kills.

I think there's a bit of "kill-bug". My Red Jav unit killed 2 vehicles but shows "No Enemy".

This has been fun. I've laughed at almost every turn. Michael/DMS is a great one to play. Start pestering him with pbem requests! ;)

But my high score unit was Blue 2, with 42 kills.

Holy Sh*t!  :o  Blue 2 alone is responsible for 50% of the russian casualties :D (DMS already posted a stats screen, he took about 90 casualties). LOL.

Edited by agusto

c3k,

If Fortune truly favors the bold, then you are her poster child! If my mind is going 17 directions simultaneously from devouring your account and looking at all the wonderful annotated pics, I can scarcely imagine what it must be like fighting this rip snorter of a crazy battle. And there I'm going to let my plaudits lie.

What I'd really like, though, is to understand several things you mentioned. Your Red Team A got macerated by 30 mm airbursts. Fired from what, please? My understanding was that RUS 30 mm auto cannon shells were all impact fuzed, ditto the AGS-17 and such projectiles. To my knowledge, the only airburst munitions RUS has are the Ainet on your tanks and from the 100 mm gun of the BMP-3M. Also, I'm not computing the smoke you're talking about. I know the self protective smoke grenades block visual and IR, but I was under the impression artillery delivered smoke didn't. Has that changed? If not, then why does it seem you're saying it does? Given all the thermals in play, I don't see why it'd matter much if it can't block thermals. What am I missing here?

Regards,

John Kettler