Free Copy AAR: c3k vs DMS. No DMS.

c3k

Turn 10

21:00 to 20:00

After the last turn, a bit of a pause is in order. Well, at least for OTHER men. My men beg me to continue forward. Very well...

k001.jpg

k002.jpg

k003.jpg

k004.jpg

k005.jpg

k006.jpg

k007.jpg

That Kornet did force Red 2 to retreat. They're a bit fragile. I don't know why. After all, it's only all the OTHER members of their platoon who are dead. Hmmph.

More...

Turn 10, continued...

More pix, to save the words.

k008.jpg

k009.jpg

k010.jpg

k011.jpg

k013.jpg

k014.jpg

Overall, the turn was a wash. My suppressive fire didn't do too much. Kornet 2 did not fire anymore (that I know of). DMS is dropping some artillery (I suspect 120mm mortar) on my right, straddling the river. Trying to leverage out my vehicles from the last few turns, perhaps. Kornet 1 moved, but probably only because he'd fired off every missile he could. Kornet 3 is due for some arty. Show that one in a bit.

All known distant infantry contacts from last turn are still present. I found some near infantry (just on the far side of the bridge). They died. I'm sure there are a few more survivors crawling about. Thermals will find them.

Next up, my plans...

More.

Edited by c3k

Turn 10, final thoughts...

kend1.jpg

kend2.jpg

kend3.jpg

kend4.jpg

kend5.jpg

So...Red 2 sweeps hard to my left. Blue 2 and 3 advance, but Blue 2 first are targets Kornet 2. Blue 1 area targets the DMS HQ for a bit, then moves to the shore. My sniper team rushes past White Squad to gain the corner near the 4-way intersection at the bridge. Eyes to protect the right of Blue 2...

I hope you like me showing the detailed paths for Blue 3 and Red B. Pausing, facing, and movement speeds need to be considered when moving into ambush territory. Red B may get some (more) splash damage from any APS firings, so that'll be something to be cognizant of.

In another turn or two, if nothing unexpected shows up, I'll be in position to rush some men across the bridge. Then, when I destroy whoever machineguns those men down, I'll rush some MORE men across the bridge. :) I expect the second effort to be successful. Then an Abrams (or two) will follow.

Ken out.

Turn 11

20:00 to 19:00

28,000 words...

Okay, if a picture is worth 1,000 words, that's about right. More stuff happened. I have yet to have a boring turn. I don't know about DMS. :) 

On with the slide show...

w001.jpg

w002.jpg

w003.jpg

w004.jpg

w005.jpg

w006.jpg

And looking a little to the left, I see where an HQ is sitting. The one I'm really hoping is DMS...

w007.jpg

w008.jpg

w009.jpg

w010.jpg

More...

Turn 11, another sector...

Looking at the shoreline, just left of the bridge, I'm trying to find his BTR and any survivors. I've tried to coordinate Red B and Blue 3 moving towards this area.

w011.jpg

w012.jpg

w013.jpg

w014.jpg

Changing view and looking across the water....

w021.jpg

w022.jpg

w023.jpg

w024.jpg

w025.jpg

(Notice how ^^^ that spot was done by my Humvee in the background? More eyes means better spotting.)

w026.jpg

More....

Turn 11, more bridgework...

w031.jpg

w032.jpg

This should pretty much have disinfected the bridge area. Next turn, I'll find out.

The next few shots show how close DMS just came to winning (or limiting me to a draw)...

w041.jpg

w042.jpg

w043.jpg

The fickle finger of fate came close on that one!

More...

Turn 11, the end and the plan

wend1.jpg

wend2.jpg

wend3.jpg

Okay, that ALL happened in one 60 second span. Whew.

Next turn, as shown, my infantry teams move forward. My personal self runs away, er, into the attack, by crossing the street and finding a new home. IanL joins nearby. I'm pushing my Abrams right up to the foot of the bridge. I'll sit there next turn, then the following turn, infantry will cross. Then Abrams, then me.

Ahhh.

A good turn. Sure, his Kornets were probably out of ammo, but a kill is a kill.

Ken out.

The Humvee killing the BTR was quite lucky. 1  on 1 vs an APC is nothing you want to do when you are in a Humvee. It looks like things were going well for you during the last couple of turns. How much combat power do you think DMS has still left?

Edited by agusto

Meanwhile, DMS is keeping up a furious turn pace...

Turn 12

19:00 to 18:00

We left with that solitary BTR having been spotted by Blue 3. Shall we see?

t001.jpg

t002.jpg

Another BTR gets spotted...

t003.jpg

I have ANOTHER close call...

t004.jpg

t005.jpg

LOL, I almost ran right into that burst! Instead, I now head towards the green arrow. I THINK DMS has a large area fire going on. I'll hit the green arrow, then I'll cross the bridge, and go to ground BENEATH it!! Like a troll, I shall await unsuspecting travelers... ;)

To support that, I'm pushing across the bridge...

Ken out.

Turn 13

18:00 to 17:00

Killing on the Kharalyk: A Bridge Too Far: A Leader Eats Lead: Etc.

This may have an effect later...

x001.jpg

x002.jpg

Perhaps the lack of effective artillery was due to a delay?

x003.jpg

xdisaster.jpg

My blood pumps out, but not as fast as my orders! Ach. I did not spare myself, and neither did DMS...

If only, if only... Nice stonk.

Now that I have fallen, at best I can hope for a draw.

More!

Turn 14

17:00 to 16:00

His men carry on!

DMS' arty stonk was well timed. My men were ALL in motion right there. This has been a turn which brought singing to the hall of the blood god! Gah.

Summary: the artillery his red-based your humble correspondent. But I am NOT despondent! Red B has been blasted. Really. A crater appeared under them: that's never good. White A and B both took losses. Sniper took a hit. Sigh. Soon I'll have nothing but Abrams...and IanL

u001.jpg

u002.jpg

u003.jpg

u004.jpg

u005.jpg

DMS is absolutely hammering me these last two turns.

I do not care! I have ordered my men to drag my limp form onto the bridge and then to go forth, find DMS, and grind him beneath their tracks! I order the Abrams to be unleashed!!!

Now it gets real.

:)

Ken out.

CM giveth and CM taketh away. So who gets to rifle your pockets and do you actually have anything worth "buddy aid". Hmm, couple sticks of gum, nifty CM commanders secret decoder ring (which seems to decode everything as "be sure to drink your Ovaltine"), magic underwear (soiled), huh you are one of those eh?

A lesser man would be dead! My radioman was stunned to see the injuries I'd sustained. He hoped, err, thought, that they were fatal injuries! No! I can command while supine and exsanguinating!

Turn 15

16:00 to 15:00

z001.jpg

z002.jpg

z003.jpg

z004.jpg

z005.jpg

As stated, my goal is to find DMS and drive an Abrams over him! My men's bloodlust will be slaked by nothing less!

Out.

Hah! The victory conditions CLEARLY stated that to win, the player must have his named unit standing upon the bridge at the end of the game.

The clock ticks, but DMS is not there, is he?

The rules also state that any player who destroys the bridge immediately loses. I hope he tries to kill that Abrams! :) We'll find out what's tougher, a bridge or a tank...

Gamey? Hell yeah. :)