• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thx battlefront

Installed patch without trouble.

Made quick test, which before this patch always would crash game:

Wego tcp lan, 2500 point each.

No crash after 25 minutes play. I save game. Load save and play 10-12 min and it runs great. I also used to have trouble with the guest-players tracers getting displaced on screen, that is fixed too.

This looks to be a great patch.

Great job battlefront, i hope you will bring the same fixes for cmbn in the future sometime.

The game is really running smooth.

This is very very good patch.

nice to have nashorn and jagdpanzer available in quickbattles.

Wego seems fixed. And saving in wego also seems fixed.

Unfortunately the request for pause in realtime tcp lan is still not working on my two windows systems. The clock continues to count down on the guest-pc even though both players have accepted to pause.

I only tested "request for pause" function quick three times.

Just wanted to pass the info. Realtime without pause still runs great and the fixed wego tcp and save, plus everything else in patch is plenty for me for now.

Thx again Battlefront for the fine patch

The game is really running smooth.

This is very very good patch.

nice to have nashorn and jagdpanzer available in quickbattles.

Wego seems fixed. And saving in wego also seems fixed.

Unfortunately the request for pause in realtime tcp lan is still not working on my two windows systems. The clock continues to count down on the guest-pc even though both players have accepted to pause.

I only tested "request for pause" function quick three times.

Just wanted to pass the info. Realtime without pause still runs great and the fixed wego tcp and save, plus everything else in patch is plenty for me for now.

Thx again Battlefront for the fine patch

you sound like someone who play Real time/Wego batalies. pm me if you are interested

I just loaded up the first scenario of the German Campaign... troops are entering some buildings and exiting all that I've tried, so far. Unfortunately I have an early work day tomorrow, and wiil be out of town until Monday.

Here's the situation... In the southeast cornet of the German setup area, there is a small farm complex. Units set up within the buildings inside the start area will exit the buildings, and will enter those buildings inside the setup zone. BUT, they will not enter the small barn or attached building (the "L" shaped building) just outside of the setup zone.

I'd post pics, but the machine I'm on does not have Photoshop or another photo editor available. I can take a Fraps movie and make it available, but it seems that this would just be proof that I'm not seeing things. If those without the bug can't see what's happening, I wouldn't think a save game would help.

I'll have this computer with me while I'm out of town. If someone is interested in looking at the file, I can find a way to post it... I've had Dropbox issues with CM Helper, but I think I could get this posted in my dropbox

A little more testing on the Blunting the Spear map... I ran some units to the buildings at the northeast end of the map to see if there were issues with buildings outside of the setup zone

it seems units will enter single-story independent buildings but but not one-story modulars, at least not ones that are connected to another building

Maybe I can try and break this scenario out of the campaign and delete the russian units in the editor. At least this way, I could preserve FOW and try to figure out what buildings work and what buildings won't.

I have RT since it came out. Never installed it - waited for the patch. Had CMBN and other games going.

Thank you for the hard work to all who contributed.

Gotta go play a multiplayer game with my friend. Never tried one. What would be the suggested play mode?

Use whichever multiplayer mode corresponds to your solo play style. There are several flexible modes...

I just edited the Beutezug map to remove all soviet forces... no problems entering any of the buildings on this map. I guess I'll have to edit the Blunting the Spear map to try and pin down exactly what buildings troops will not enter

I'm seeing the same thing as Rake on the first map of Blunting the Spear. Some buildings they will go in, some not. I don't have time this evening to test things out but I can check some more maps this weekend maybe.

I fired up one urban map and didn't see any issues there, it seems to only affect certain types of buildings.

We tested a huge variety of buildings, building types, and building configurations with this fix - including modular buildings connected to other buildings. Everything that we tested was fixed. I'll check into this. If you can find a combination of buildings that still creates the issue, please let me know.

Did anybody tried a new QB? After the patch I have some

strange phenomenas :)

It is hard to tell form those tiny tiny screen shots but it the name strings all messed up? Some UI mods cause this because they need to be updated with every release to work with the new strings file. The one that I have and have to remove every update is Vins animated text but there could be others too.

I'm seeing the same thing as Rake on the first map of Blunting the Spear. Some buildings they will go in, some not. I don't have time this evening to test things out but I can check some more maps this weekend maybe.

I fired up one urban map and didn't see any issues there, it seems to only affect certain types of buildings.

OK this sucks. I am able to reproduce these building problems and have been working with Phil to fix this damn bug. I will PM you my email address and I can see if I see the same problems.

BTW I tested every build Phil made with the Monster Mash scenario (where I first saw the problem) and a test map I made based on the work of one of the original reporters - he found that the order of buildings being added to the map mattered. I am supremely bummed that you hit this.

It is hard to tell form those tiny tiny screen shots but it the name strings all messed up? Some UI mods cause this because they need to be updated with every release to work with the new strings file. The one that I have and have to remove every update is Vins animated text but there could be others too.

Thanks for the tip! It was "Error 50" ;)

After removing the mods everything is fine

I'm not totally surprised that another case of building entry problems was found. The inherent issue is a compiler bug that, for whatever reason, doesn't manifest itself in any sort of generalized way. Phil had to do a lot of generalized "defensive code" to catch the various symptoms because fixing the problem wasn't an option. It's why it took so long to isolate and then solve.

Steve