Where is CMRT patch?

togi

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a topic starter , I want kindly to warn you, this forum is not a general discussion forum and this topic is not opening for a Swedish meeting area.

Please continue from general discussion forum or on your personal accounts

Thanks for anticipation

Regards

As a topic starter , I want kindly to warn you, this forum is not a general discussion forum and this topic is not opening for a Swedish meeting area.

Please continue from general discussion forum or on your personal accounts

Thanks for anticipation

Regards

Well, since it's been explained to you repeatedly why the CMRT patch is delayed and you just refuse to aknowledge that, I'd say this whole thread has served its purpose and could now very well serve as a swedish meeting area :)

Well, since it's been explained to you repeatedly why the CMRT patch is delayed and you just refuse to aknowledge that, I'd say this whole thread has served its purpose and could now very well serve as a swedish meeting area :)

Ok I hope also served your meeting arrangements enoughly till now Mr. Oddball, your engagements seems completed and please leave or continue from general discussion

That is no need to discuss on that more as I think that you're clever to understand to try to change the topics is not good behaviour also in european community.

Regards

Maybe the People's Free State of Scotland could claim a wee bit of this thread as it's own meeting place? Given you Scandie types came over here years back on yer summer cruise trips we mostly likely have something in common. Like DNA?! ;)

Well, I was nearly made an "honorary scotsman" by some scots at the Roskilde Festival once... until they found out I didn't like whiskey :/

But other than that I got it all, even the accent when speaking english (when I want to)

Well, judging from my own experiences on trips to your bonnie land, I think we have a lot in common, George. Not only mentality, but also language. There are a lot of words in scottish english that are of scandinavian origin. Bairn is the only one I can think of right now, though. And perhaps dram - even though here it means "snaps". I prefer the scottish version, preferably from Islay. :) (you dont know what youre missing, Oddball)

To add another "squatter" post...

The missus and I have been watching a light drama adaptation of the story of Masataka and Rita Taketsuru, the Japanese man and his Scottish wife, who brought whisky to Japan, founding Nikka Whisky.

Interesting story. The ban on Scotch imports during WWII helped put the company in the black, though Rita had a tough time for obvious reasons.

Anyhoo, a link for whoever is interested:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/astonishing-life-of-scots-woman-who-877833

Well, judging from my own experiences on trips to your bonnie land, I think we have a lot in common, George. Not only mentality, but also language. There are a lot of words in scottish english that are of scandinavian origin. Bairn is the only one I can think of right now, though. And perhaps dram - even though here it means "snaps". I prefer the scottish version, preferably from Islay. :) (you dont know what youre missing, Oddball)

Hi Oddball and Umlaut

Originally whisky was a clear spirit - it wasn't till they started storing the stuff in old brandy casks etc that it took on the character we now associate with whisky.

Re Scots words with Scandinavian origins. I've spent a fair bit of time ice climbing out in Norway and I was struck by how many words were used that sounded like Scots word e.g. in Scotland we use hoose, flitting, bairn, kirk, greetin' (as in crying), wid (means wood or would), fu' (means full i.e. as in full up or drunk - he's fu!), stane (stone).

Anyway there is a lot!

So google-fu for you is web surfing while drunk?

Yes, But I avoid doing that now. Strange things happen when you indulge in that activity.

Like a boxload of Hello Kitty posters...

Hence why Microsoft experimented with a version for users from Glasgow called Windaes Twa thoosan...

http://www.jackiestewart.co.uk/jokes/weegie%20windies%202000.htm

Fun trivia:

In the first years of the United States as a nation, With federal government in its infancy and paper currency not yet widely available or standardized, whiskey was one of the few items whose value in trade was universally recognized and as such it was widely used in trade as payment for goods.

In other words, whiskey was arguably the first national currency of the United States.

Fun trivia:

In the first years of the United States as a nation, With federal government in its infancy and paper currency not yet widely available or standardized, whiskey was one of the few items whose value in trade was universally recognized and as such it was widely used in trade as payment for goods.

In other words, whiskey was arguably the first national currency of the United States.

Which also explains why Prohibition led inevitably to the Great Depression.

:D

Michael

Well I guess this thread has been derailed due to anyone who has a horse in this race attempting to change the subject. Maybe this sort of thing makes you uncomfortable.

The fact of the matter is that regardless of any NDA, Steve said himself that this fix is going to take a lot of time and effort. He also used the same phrasing when he explained the $20.00 price for the new vehicle pack. So once again, I am merely questioning their priorities. Yes I know this is coming off as snarky as f___, but I still think a lot of people are thinking the same thing and are either a. not signed onto the forums or b. part of the silent majority lurker type.

Completely agreed

TrollIing this topic - while I was trying to warn kindly the starters of this abuse - is normal behaviour for the people that are thinking about other side as whiners and child who are expressing their feelings and thoughts about the lateness of the patches

no more comment

Please indicate examples of Trolling to the moderators - it is in no one's interest for trolling to go unremarked.

Although I could suggest an alternative view: the original point about how long and eagerly nay, frustratedly, the patch has been awaited has been made. Various conspiracy theories raised. BF answer, with the reason for the wait (the bug that everyone wants nailed is a slippery little sucker and is fighting back). Without re-reading the entire thread, it is possible that BF's explanation is added to the conspiracy theory (although I am very willing to be corrected if I dreamed that). Then, posters found a vacuum and (as is the way) started addressing the little asides as there was nothing further to say on the original topic (having been asked and answered).

I think it is important to differentiate between trolling argument/debate and casual chat don't you?

By all means make a further point on the original question if you want to. With new (relevant) input I find threads stay on topic quite well, don't you?

Please indicate examples of Trolling to the moderators - it is in no one's interest for trolling to go unremarked.

Although I could suggest an alternative view: the original point about how long and eagerly nay, frustratedly, the patch has been awaited has been made. Various conspiracy theories raised. BF answer, with the reason for the wait (the bug that everyone wants nailed is a slippery little sucker and is fighting back). Without re-reading the entire thread, it is possible that BF's explanation is added to the conspiracy theory (although I am very willing to be corrected if I dreamed that). Then, posters found a vacuum and (as is the way) started addressing the little asides as there was nothing further to say on the original topic (having been asked and answered).

I think it is important to differentiate between trolling argument/debate and casual chat don't you?

By all means make a further point on the original question if you want to. With new (relevant) input I find threads stay on topic quite well, don't you?

so you mean that this thread has already closed and you have the rights to chat in this topic. Till the patch released this topic should not be seen as closed. So chatting in this post for unrelated topics are a behavior of childish

So, I'm just popping in here for the first time in awhile. Still no patch? I haven't played since the first week CMRT came out due to the infantry-not-entering-buildings bug.

I love Combat Mission, but I don't see myself buying anything else in this series. The months and months (and months) between patches, which will only get worse with the release of future titles, is wearing out my patience.

so you mean that this thread has already closed and you have the rights to chat in this topic. Till the patch released this topic should not be seen as closed. So chatting in this post for unrelated topics are a behavior of childish

Where did I say any such thing? You suggested that people were trolling to attack the thread starter and supporting posts. I merely suggested an alternative view. The only instruction or direct suggestion I made was "By all means make a further point on the original question if you want to". Maybe you see this as arrogant of me, in which case I am sorry. However it was intended as a suggestion that you could get the discussion back on topic if you had anything new to say.

Do you see how there are usually 2 sides to any discussion?

Where did I say any such thing? You suggested that people were trolling to attack the thread starter and supporting posts. I merely suggested an alternative view. The only instruction or direct suggestion I made was "By all means make a further point on the original question if you want to". Maybe you see this as arrogant of me, in which case I am sorry. However it was intended as a suggestion that you could get the discussion back on topic if you had anything new to say.

Do you see how there are usually 2 sides to any discussion?

"there was nothing further to say on the original topic"

So as I understand above sentence that you're allowing that everyone can come and make chat on another cases in this topic for on that nothing to say at least now,

no I can aggree with that, they can't mate, it's not a good behaviour.

"there was nothing further to say on the original topic"

So as I understand above sentence that you're allowing that everyone can come and make chat on another cases in this topic for on that nothing to say at least now,

no I can aggree with that, they can't mate, it's not a good behaviour.

please do not misquote me:

"Then, posters found a vacuum and (as is the way) started addressing the little asides as there was nothing further to say on the original topic..."

This is not an instruction, nor even a suggestion; it is the continuation of an alternative theory I was describing about what could have happened to your thread ("Although I could suggest an alternative view:...").

I am sorry if English is your second language - I certainly wouldn't be able to discuss at this level in my 2nd language, but nor would I assume that I fully understood what was being said and choose to interpret it as a deliberate attack (or troll).

Well I guess this thread has been derailed due to anyone who has a horse in this race attempting to change the subject. Maybe this sort of thing makes you uncomfortable.

The fact of the matter is that regardless of any NDA, Steve said himself that this fix is going to take a lot of time and effort. He also used the same phrasing when he explained the $20.00 price for the new vehicle pack. So once again, I am merely questioning their priorities. Yes I know this is coming off as snarky as f___, but I still think a lot of people are thinking the same thing and are either a. not signed onto the forums or b. part of the silent majority lurker type.

No I don't think a "lot" of people are thinking this. I think a snarky few who refuse to believe a reasonable answer because frankly all they care about is their particular issue is about the sum you can attach to that. That isn't particularly abnormal, actually very common but that particular bug is not broad based to accumulate the "lot" to fulfill the above statement. Doesn't take away from the fact that BF is working on it and have said so repeatedly.

Adding the mysterious silent majority or non participants into your total as a completely unverifiable factor does not at all add weight to this. I personally believe the people who are a. not signed onto the forums or b. part of the silent majority lurker type take BF at their word because BF has yet to be shown to lie and between peaks in work loads actually shares quite a bit for a small team. That they apparently don't live up to your and togi's standards of daily reporting on what they spent their time on today doesn't change that.

Well then let's talk priorities.

Do you think their priorities are to fix the game or release modules?

Because right now, the CMRT patch isn't the only thing that's late.

We were supposed to have alot of modules and packs released by now, but they have all been delayed because of this annoying bug.

If BFC were really in it for the money, they'd have released a CMRT patch that didn't include the house bug fix and moved on to releasing more modules and packs to make money.

So I'd think twice before starting to insinuate that BFC's priorities are with the allmighty $...