Where is CMRT patch?

togi

"there was nothing further to say on the original topic"

So as I understand above sentence that you're allowing that everyone can come and make chat on another cases in this topic for on that nothing to say at least now,

no I can aggree with that, they can't mate, it's not a good behaviour.

Togi... while I'm just as frustrated as you about the long wait for the patch, it will come out when BFC is ready to release it. I'm sure that everyone that has an issue to be addressed is anxiously awaiting its release. I certainly had hoped to see it this week when Steve said they might release it without totally fixing the TCP/WeGo issues. I don't play TCP; selfishly, that's not an issue for me personally.

As far as the thread going off-topic, that's often the case with any long thread... it's the way of the internet and happens on many boards, not just at BFC. Anyone having expectations of "good behaviour" on the internet will be sorely disappointed.

One of the enjoyable reasons for reading the board are some of the first-hand tales and humorous comments that come up off-topic. Emrys' recollection of prohibition as the cause of the great depression was a hoot... please do tell more stories about the good old days, Michael! :D;)

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...I love Combat Mission, but I don't see myself buying anything else in this series. The months and months (and months) between patches, which will only get worse with the release of future titles, is wearing out my patience.

Me too. I'm really disappointed. I feel like a second class customer, who isn't important for company.

I have on my shelf CMBO, CMAK, CMBB, CMSF, CMBN, CM Touch and CMRT, and spent a lot of good times with these games but this &$#*#@* bug and BF let's-make-diffrent-things-now policy/it's hard to repair does not encourage me to buy any more their products.

Me too. I'm really disappointed. I feel like a second class customer, who isn't important for company.

I have on my shelf CMBO, CMAK, CMBB, CMSF, CMBN, CM Touch and CMRT, and spent a lot of good times with these games but this &$#*#@* bug and BF let's-make-diffrent-things-now policy/it's hard to repair does not encourage me to buy any more their products.

If it is any consolation, you aren't. Despite the conspiracy theory that BF ignores this to instead produce product for sale, they are focused on it. That is pretty much all I can say but it is fact as opposed to disgruntled supposition.

I have been playing CMRT from the day it came out and Yes I have seen the bug in a few scenarios and yes I wish it had been fixed before now. But I feel no compasion for the Whiners here. It has not impacted my play really at all and I have played dozens of Battles without it causing me any heartache.

So chill, the time is now close at hand and you will get the patch. Too bad you had to act as you have done. For it has done nothing as to acheiving anything. (Like I have dozens of computer games with Bugs that will never be fixed. So at least these guys care and do something about it - many other company's dont)

Yes, i know that BF is working hard to resolve this problem but this been a while when game was relased and problem isn't fixed. Yes i can't play some scenarios and sometimes i must tell to my opponet - S'ry bro, my pixeltruppen can't enter to this very important building...

Who will guarantee me that, if i buy CM Black Sea it be working? Maybe some diffent bug appear and my troops refuse to do something else?

I lost my confidence to devs.

Yes, i know that BF is working hard to resolve this problem but this been a while when game was relased and problem isn't fixed. Yes i can't play some scenarios and sometimes i must tell to my opponet - S'ry bro, my pixeltruppen can't enter to this very important building...

Who will guarantee me that, if i buy CM Black Sea it be working? Maybe some diffent bug appear and my troops refuse to do something else?

I lost my confidence to devs.

If you are asking for some kind of guarantee that there will never be a bug, then I unfortunately have to recommend you give up gaming. If you have any experience with board gaming you may be familiar with the errata sheets - yes even card board war games had "bugs". It is a fact of life of computers that there will be bugs and note it isn't necessarily the game. I amongst most others do not suffer from this particular bug. It has more to do with the combination of software and hardware you are using.

If you are asking for some kind of guarantee that there will never be a bug, then I unfortunately have to recommend you give up gaming. If you have any experience with board gaming you may be familiar with the errata sheets - yes even card board war games had "bugs". It is a fact of life of computers that there will be bugs and note it isn't necessarily the game. I amongst most others do not suffer from this particular bug. It has more to do with the combination of software and hardware you are using.

It's matter of trust. When i buying something (and seller is honest) i expect that will be working or defects will be removed asap. No matter what you buying - a car, tv or computer game. It's a product and if isn't working as designed the seller is responsive to fix it. I have awareness that i don't live in a perfect world and diffrent things happens besides good will from all sides.

This discussion is pointless. We, the few who was affected by this bug, are always countered with words: "bug's happens, you should be happy that you can play CM, it's such a gem, if you don't like it, don't play". I fell offended by this statements - i'm the same customer as all who bought this product and i have right to use it without bugs, because this situation is not my fault.

This is why i don't buy any more products from BF (at least before they will be neatly beta-tested and checked by community)

Let's agree to disagree. I wish you not find in such a situation.

It's matter of trust. When i buying something (and seller is honest) i expect that will be working or defects will be removed asap. No matter what you buying - a car, tv or computer game. It's a product and if isn't working as designed the seller is responsive to fix it. I have awareness that i don't live in a perfect world and diffrent things happens besides good will from all sides.

This discussion is pointless. We, the few who was affected by this bug, are always countered with words: "bug's happens, you should be happy that you can play CM, it's such a gem, if you don't like it, don't play". I fell offended by this statements - i'm the same customer as all who bought this product and i have right to use it without bugs, because this situation is not my fault.

This is why i don't buy any more products from BF (at least before they will be neatly beta-tested and checked by community)

Let's agree to disagree. I wish you not find in such a situation.

I think you missed the most important part of sburke's post...

...It has more to do with the combination of software and hardware you are using.

I think you missed the most important part of sburke's post...

It has more to do with the combination of software and hardware you are using.

This got me wondering if playing around with compatibility settings might unlock the doors... no such luck, at least on my end :(

No, unfortunately not. It's an issue where the CPU is being told to do something that the code doesn't want it to do. It's not an issue with our code, or even with your CPU, but with the compiler that generates the program, based on our code, for that CPU.

Unfortunately it's a pervasive and long-standing compiler bug, with no real workaround, and it's incredibly difficult to track down the misinterpreted code and fix. The only thing that really works is to catch it downstream from the affected data - once you work out what parts of the data the bug is changing (which can change as you make fixes!) - and figure out how to fix it in a way that won't trigger the bug again. Ugly and time-consuming.

No, unfortunately not. It's an issue where the CPU is being told to do something that the code doesn't want it to do. It's not an issue with our code, or even with your CPU, but with the compiler that generates the program, based on our code, for that CPU.

Unfortunately it's a pervasive and long-standing compiler bug, with no real workaround, and it's incredibly difficult to track down the misinterpreted code and fix. The only thing that really works is to catch it downstream from the affected data - once you work out what parts of the data the bug is changing (which can change as you make fixes!) - and figure out how to fix it in a way that won't trigger the bug again. Ugly and time-consuming.

Hello Phil,

So will we be waiting another several months for this patch? I hope to be released at this week after extremely soon declearation of you

Regards

Lets assume that BF have not found the bug yet. After all, the alternative is that they are a bunch of deranged sadomasochists. So, in order not to make people wait, they should have...? Not released RT yet? Thus you wouldn't be stuck with the bug. Also, we would have a thread called 'Where is RT'.

Oh, and they wouldn't yet know the bug existed since they are unlikely to have the bug occur on any hardware they have, or the beta testers have.

Let's assume they are doing their best, and will tell us (probably in huge fluorescent capital letters with a new emoticon or two) as soon as they have.

Or carry on whining. Your choice...

So will we be waiting another several months for this patch? I hope to be released at this week after extremely soon declearation of you

No, the bug is fixed and I expect the patch to be released - as mentioned - extremely soon.

I was explaining why trying different things with your computer, as Rake was doing, wouldn't have helped. Short of changing your CPU, there wasn't much to be done with this particular bug.

No, the bug is fixed and I expect the patch to be released - as mentioned - extremely soon.

I was explaining why trying different things with your computer, as Rake was doing, wouldn't have helped. Short of changing your CPU, there wasn't much to be done with this particular bug.

Thanks, Phil!

After reading sb's & 88's posts, I just got to wondering if the Win7/NVidia/laptop combo was the problem... I tried Vista and XP compatibility, and obviously it didn't work.

Unfortunately, I'm getting ready to change the CPU & Mobo on the desktop that I purchased back when CMBN first came out and can't really afford to do this on a nearly new laptop :eek: I can't figure out what's up with the desktop; CTD's w/ BN, FI and RT shortly after startup... I've tried everything from game reloads & drivers to windows reinstall and removal of all mods.

I'll keep playing CMBN 3.10 until the patch comes out. Still, killing commies is more fun than the other allies ;)