Where is CMRT patch?

togi

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can we learn that the thing delaying to release this long awaited patch?

Further work on TCP/IP, mostly. I think ChrisND already said that somewhere.

They have also fixed a few other bugs in the meantime. The silver lining of waiting so long for the patch is that it will include some fixes that it would not have had it been released months ago.

whats the deal with the single story bug?

Never seen it happen with entering a single story building or anybuilding.

Game plays fine.

If it was an issue neither side can use building so pretend building is boobytrapped lol

Only bug i ever saw was a guy from squad walking 200 yards in front of his team mates lol

He was doing recon lol

Either way wait for patch

No biggie

Game plays fine.

If it was an issue neither side can use building so pretend building is boobytrapped lol

Only bug i ever saw was a guy from squad walking 200 yards in front of his team mates lol

He was doing recon lol

No biggie

Yes we are waiting too, it's extremely closer than yesterday now. So it can go to the eternal with this formula.

1 day + 1 day / 2 + 1 day / 4 ..........

Regards

Game plays fine.

No biggie

No, I'd guess it isn't a "biggie", if you don't have the issue. The problem has been that the bug only affects rigs with certain hardware/software configs. And, it's not just one or two buildings on a map, it's every one-story building placed during map design at a certain time. It makes town or village battles impossible to play for those of us experiencing the bug... it's hard to clear a village of the one cowering pixel comrade when you can't go inside and he can't rout. You can't see him from outside because he's hiding in a corner. The only workaround is to blast holes in the buildings, which is fine if you have enough time and HE.

Personally, since the 3.0 upgrade has come out for CMBN, I've gone back to playing that game. Still, I completely understand the frustration of others because I'd much prefer to be playing RT.

So two days confirmed?
Seriously, I wouldn't count on it at this point. BF seems to be trying to clear up some TCP/IP issues before they'll release the patch. It will be released when it's ready

Oh ok

Was wondering what all the Hoo Harr was about.

Im running a win7 asus mobo intel chip 3.5ish speed

nivida card 8 gig ram 8 gig

It does the job no issues.

upgrading to an i7 or faster next year

if this prob lurks might make me delay upgrading as im quite fond of red thunder.

Please fix or somefink!

Thats my quote so it means somefink now lol

Its here :D . Will have to finish up ongoing pbem before installing i guess.

In us Beta Tester's experience, 1.01 has been compatible with 1.0 saves as long as you make the jump to 1.01 with an Orders Phase save. So you should be able to update your game by simply loading an ORDERS phase 1.0 save into 1.01 and re-saving.

This said, I would keep a copy of 1.0 installed until you've got all games safely updated, just in case. It's possible a specific save file won't work for some reason.

In us Beta Tester's experience, 1.01 has been compatible with 1.0 saves as long as you make the jump to 1.01 with an Orders Phase save. So you should be able to update your game by simply loading an ORDERS phase 1.0 save into 1.01 and re-saving.

This said, I would keep a copy of 1.0 installed until you've got all games safely updated, just in case. It's possible a specific save file won't work for some reason.

Thanks YD. We have so few turns left in our ongoing game so I think we will finish it up quickly :)

I have RT since it came out. Never installed it - waited for the patch. Had CMBN and other games going.

Thank you for the hard work to all who contributed.

Gotta go play a multiplayer game with my friend. Never tried one. What would be the suggested play mode?