Why so Quiet?

ChrisND had posted some (VERY) early alpha movies of the modern war title awhile ago. That's something that can be mentioned without breaking any non-disclosure agreements.

Here's the link, posted 10 days ago:

http://www.twitch.tv/chrisnd/c/4699769

This one's discussing the newly introduced drones and precision artillery. Recon drones are cool, but lets remember CM recently introduces AA fire too. :)

"CMBS and the eventual CMSF2 will operate from the same base engine as CMBN, CMFI, CMRT and whatever other families we see."

"There won't be any "CMSF2" (AKA the big upgrade to bring CMSF to the current engine) updates for a long while. We aren't even actively working on it yet. It's planned for after we finish some other projects with a higher priority, such as Black Sea."

BF was working on optimizations for the patches before v3.0 upgrades would be offered.

"Patch / upgrades for WWII are currently in testing."

We are hunting wabbits. Be vewy vewy qwiet.

Won't be too much longer now... hunting wabbits and such :)

We just finished one of our big tasks, the new installers for 2.12 bundles (see announcements). With that done, we are now going to finish testing the V3.0 upgrades for CMBN and CMFI and release them to the store. After that is done, the patch for Red Thunder is next. In addition to all of that, there's a couple other surprises being worked on...

We just finished one of our big tasks, the new installers for 2.12 bundles (see announcements). With that done, we are now going to finish testing the V3.0 upgrades for CMBN and CMFI and release them to the store. After that is done, the patch for Red Thunder is next. In addition to all of that, there's a couple other surprises being worked on...

I wonder if one 'surprise' is a North Africa module for CMFI?

Not at all likely at this point. Might be a module to finish off the Italian Campaign though. And then there is the possibility of a Bulge module for BN if it isn't due to get an entire family of its own. Otherwise, possibly a pack for BN and/or FI.

Michael

Given the historical wargamer affection for Bulge wargames, a family of its own would seem a good choice.

BF has been pretty consistent that there will be a family for NWE to 1944-45. I would love to see that be simply a module for CMBN, but understand that from their view that becomes difficult.

CMFI and CMBN are most likely done with "modules." I'm thinking "packs" for those two games will be the most likely "surprise."

One of 3.0's big selling points was its inclusion of flame weapons/vehicles. Barring a miracle, those weapons/vehicles will NOT be part of the actual 3.0 upgrades for CMBN and CMFI. So, I suspect packs with those flame weapons/vehicles will be released not be too far behind or at the same time as the release of the 3.0 upgrades. It just wouldn't make much sense to release an upgrade with the ability to use flame weapons/vehicles, but then keep the players waiting months to actually be able to use those weapons/vehicles in the game.

For CMBN, I think any pack should include:

1) Flame weapons/vehicles (Crocodiles, Wasps, ect.)

2) Free French

3) early war French tanks in German service (Renaults ect.)

For CMFI:

1) Flame weapons/vehicles

2) Free French

I've a pretty strong recollection of a statement of intent for a Gothic Line module to take FI to the end of hostilities in Italy. Though how they distinguish Gothic from Gustav...

You're right, but so is Myles in that BF said it would be a pack and not a module in that there would not be an over all theme to it, which gives them freedom as to what to include such as possibly the French.

Heh... not sure how I missed this 'til now, but thanks for the info!

".... new installers for 2.12 bundles"

".... finish testing the V3.0 upgrades for CMBN and CMFI and release them to the store."

".... patch for Red Thunder."

".... a couple other surprises being worked on..."

I got a feeling V3.0 upgrades for CMBN and CMFI are going to occupy many folks play time but surprises are fun :D

I guess (and hope) that the BN&FI patches will include the improvements from the RT patch.

What would interest me is a rough time line. Is v3 days, weeks or months away? That would useful information if you are going to start new battles or not.