New flavor objects?

Hi,

I see with the arrival of CMRT, new flavor objects appeared. Any chance to see them in cmbn with V3? historically, many animals (cows and horses) were killed during the Normandy campaign and it would be nice to include these new items in future handemade maps as well as poultry and rabbit hutches.

When I made ​​a Normandy farmhouse, I like to put as much details as possible and thus make them more realistic and "living".

Once again, sorry for my english... :)

I was just thinking about this. There will probably be an uprising if we don't get the dead cows doodad, considering how often its been requested for Normandy over the years...:D

Personally, I'd love to get the chicken coops into CMBN. Even more than that, though, I cannot wait for the tagging system and the new rubble tile.

I expect each individual chicken to be modeled in full physical detail and with realistic AI.

When under fire, each chicken should make its own decision about whether or not to cross the road.

Yes, but only if said chicken has clear LOS and LOF to the road.

• 3 months later...

Hello, this is old news by now but if any reads this thread I have added a majority of the flavor items from Red Thunder into Mission Normandy. I thought the chicken coop's, wells, and railroad items along with a host of others were too good to be not shared with CMBN. Also I took the Gaz truck and made a mod for each nation where what ever nation is not being played their truck can be modded into a Gaz as a kinda 1930's looking civilian truck for use as scenery. France kinda got interrupted in 1940 so the 40's model cars didn't make it to the showroom.

Mech.Gato

"Yes, but only if said chicken has clear LOS and LOF to the road."

I believe the said chicken would also have to be within the command radius of it's rooster also or have a radio link at least, otherwise why would the chicken cross the road?

I expect each individual chicken to be modeled in full physical detail and with realistic AI.

When under fire, each chicken should make its own decision about whether or not to cross the road.

Chicken groups will have to have AI plans created for them. And are they Geman chickens or Allied Cickens?

Plus, if we ever have flame throwers included, can we have roast chicken?:D

This so reminds me of my time in the Army. Any unit I went to usually had NCO's who are Monty Python fans. Used to drive the CO nuts when when we would do impromptu Python skits like when camouflaging a position "bring me a shrubbery". Passwords, challenge: "Red", answer: "no blue". When handing out equipment "Hello Mrs. Non-Gorilla", "Well hello Mrs. Gorilla, whatcha' got there?", "Well it's a AT-4", "Oh nice, what's it used for?". Broken equipment "This parrot is dead".

Also let's not forget the commander responsible for the massacre of chicken prisoners in a snowy field. The infamous Colonel Sanders. Heads will roll for that incident!

"What's the matter Colonel Sander, chicken?" Space Balls

Mech.Gato

Thanks for the acknowledgements in your pdf umlaut.:)

I should add ANY flavor object can't stop a bullet or hinder line of sight. It's just 'flavor' Not substance.

If 2 players play against each other and want to see a customized flavor object (i.e. GAZ truck) they both have to have the same GAZ flavor object files in their Z folder. Otherwise the game that doesn't have a modded file will default to a cart rather then a Gaz truck.

Really should play more BF-but between playing and modding and editing missions for Arma 2 , Rise of Flight, Total War Napoleon/Empire/ SHOGUN2 [yes you can extend the times in those historical and tutorial battles in SHOGUN 2 :D ), DCS World aircraft and Gravieteam Tactics... so many games so little time

Thanks for the acknowledgements in your pdf umlaut.:)

I should add ANY flavor object can't stop a bullet or hinder line of sight. It's just 'flavor' Not substance.

If 2 players play against each other and want to see a customized flavor object (i.e. GAZ truck) they both have to have the same GAZ flavor object files in their Z folder. Otherwise the game that doesn't have a modded file will default to a cart rather then a Gaz truck.

And I thank you for your work, for helping me out when I was stuck and for these very valid words of caution. I'll add them to the guide. :)