New flavor objects?

What happens when one makes a scenario using these additional flavor objects and some one else loads the scenario?

Just made a quick test with the Gaz MM test map I used when making the mods described in the guide. I removed the modded files for Cart2 and Cart3, then loaded the map:

All the Gaz´ trucks were just carts again. Like golden carriages reverting to pumpkins after midnight.

So it is of course important that you use these flavor objects for the scenarios they are meant for.

Sequoia:

If you make a scenario for public download put a readme in with the link to the flavor object with your scenario file.

umlaut:

Hope you don't mind-I rolled my own for private use. Combined with another telephone pole mod I did way back for FI.

Telephonepoleflavorobject_zps1d566852.jpg

Did a flavor object 'junk flavor' with an SdKfz. Meh it doesn't provide cover and vehicles can drive through it. [note CMSF telephone/light pole ;) ]

2-4.jpg

Just made a quick test with the Gaz MM test map I used when making the mods described in the guide. I removed the modded files for Cart2 and Cart3, then loaded the map:

All the Gaz´ trucks were just carts again. Like golden carriages reverting to pumpkins after midnight.

So it is of course important that you use these flavor objects for the scenarios they are meant for.

So if I understand correctly these are really mods of existing objects not actually "additional" flavor objects?

Thank you both for your hard work in this area of game modding.

Tempestzzzz thanks for your ground work in getting things started.

Umlaut thanks for the effort on composing a pdf on this subject.

The only reason I went with converting one truck to another was to provide a solid object option.

Thanks Friends!

Mech.Gato

Its possible to add additional ones as well as with the horses for BN/FI if Im not misstaken.

Okay, well that takes me back to the question I asked in #25. If you create a scenario with the "additional" flavor object, will there be a problem if some one run's the scenario without the additional flavor object in their Z folder?

So if I understand correctly these are really mods of existing objects not actually "additional" flavor objects?

That would depend on your definition of "additional".

You can take a flavor object from a completly different CM game and place it in CMBN (before the 3.0 upgrade) - like dead cows or chicken coops from CMRT for instance. That would be additional to CMBN in my view.

But if you mean if we can introduce completely new objects to CM, the answer is no. You cannot add an object to CM, you can only mod the surface of the object and - like in this case - rename them and make them into new and different flavor objects.

But with a little creativity you can get a long way, I think. Try looking at the flavor objects I´ve made for CMRT - if you haven´t already seen them:

http://www.battlefront.com/community/showpost.php?p=1544589&postcount=38

http://www.battlefront.com/community/showpost.php?p=1546412&postcount=57

That would depend on your definition of "additional".

You can take a flavor object from a completly different CM game and place it in CMBN (before the 3.0 upgrade) - like dead cows or chicken coops from CMRT for instance. That would be additional to CMBN in my view.

But if you mean if we can introduce completely new objects to CM, the answer is no. You cannot add an object to CM, you can only mod the surface of the object and - like in this case - rename them and make them into new and different flavor objects.

But with a little creativity you can get a long way, I think. Try looking at the flavor objects I´ve made for CMRT - if you haven´t already seen them:

http://www.battlefront.com/community/showpost.php?p=1544589&postcount=38

http://www.battlefront.com/community/showpost.php?p=1546412&postcount=57

Thank you for clarifying. I understand now. That's good work you're doing.

• 1 month later...

It would be so nice if flavour objects were obstacles and provided cover, depending on type of course.

A line of bombed out trucks on a road could provide cover and concealment for a flanking move for example. A destroyed tank could block the road through a village, but you wouldn't know before you turned the corner.

• 4 months later...

Sequoia,

I cannot say for all of them but I have placed umlauts CMRT stumps mod into CMFI z folder and it worked. In the CMFI editor you get more choices for stumps for flavor objects.

Sprinkle them into your 2D map and then in 3D view, move them around.

Try it for the cows and such. I am pretty sure it works in CMFI as well.

downed aircraft and gliders: uh-uh, aint gonna happen...sorry. Beyond modders capability AFAIK.

discarded parachutes: working on it, standby. 

I would of liked BF to have added them in. Anyway, will yours be draped off structures buildings/poles etc or just lying around. How are you going to achieve it? or is it a secret kohlenklau

Edited by para

This thread has inspired me to try my hand at making additional poster objects including some more for the Netherlands. Plus some of the stock Battlefront posters strike me as being more appropriate for Germany than France or Holland. I won't change them but I'm thinking more poster choices would be nice. Some one did a big set of posters for Red Thunder but I couldn't find any additional posters for CMBN.

Work in progress using lesser used road terrain tiles to allow rotation for a variety of discarded AN-6513 'chutes, harnesses, etc. Sorry no church steeple mod for Sainte-Mère-Église !

Are you also able to create discarded weapon/supply canisters?

Edited by para

aye laddy, we is aimin' for that as well. (slipped into a Marketty-Gardenny kind of attitude for a second...)

The mod will be a general purpose cluster bomb kind of mod to sprinkle into any scenario involving paratroops.

FJ, Brits, Soviets, US, French DBP, Vatican City...

Edited by kohlenklau

aye laddy, we is aimin' for that as well. (slipped into a Marketty-Gardenny kind of attitude for a second...)

The mod will be a general purpose cluster bomb kind of mod to sprinkle into any scenario involving paratroops.

FJ, Brits, Soviets, US, French DBP, Vatican City...

cheers kohlenklau luvvly jubbly how long do i have to wait for this mod ;) any teaser screenies?

Edited by para