When's the next add on for Red Thunder coming out?

Well what we know is that they will expand the timeline to a full year so the fully upgraded Red Thunder would have a span from June 44 to May 45.

In general each title will probably have the same timespan, from June to June, which usually was the end of the mud period. This means there would be a total of 4 new Ostfront titles, each with 2-3 modules I guess, with the ones I'd find most interesting probably coming last.

Also the 42-43 game would necessarily have a pretty huge scope (2nd Kharkov, initial Blau, Caucasus, Stalingrad, 3rd Kharkov, Demyansk, Rhzev meatgrinder, etc) so maybe they'd split this up into two titles.

Jeez, as far as I can surmise about what's in the pipeline, there's a Demo for RT, Patch for RT, 3.0 upgrade for CMBN and FI - I'm amazed the guys at BFC even get to sleep :eek: and that's without a module for RT !

I think GAJ's suggestion is good - go and beat Bil H2H, that should hold you for a while :P

Ow? I just downloaded the new Kursk module the other day and am playtesting the Prohkorovka scenario. What a blast, hundreds of tanks blundering into each other! I especially like the new option to ram the opponent! A sure way to take out a Tiger with them T34/76's! And if you think decals were fun, I checked out the damage after a collision. Epic!

Edit: @Steve, sorry for disclosing all this. Next time I will actually read the NDA as you said....

Everyone (the Beta team included) was surprised by how soon BFC came out with CMFI mainland module. So its impossible to guess which direction they're going to jump, or when... or why. :)

Remember, they still owe us a CMFI and CMBN final packs too. If I were to hazard a guess CMRT module and the future Bulge title might get worked on concurrently. All that winter terrain and late war German stuff to do. CMFI final pack would benefit from Bulge title work too, put late war US vehicles into Italy.

I was about to say the only title not affected by 'cross-pollination' would be the modern war title, but even that's not true. 1944 eastern front terrain would be eastern front terrain too in the new millennium.

I was about to say the only title not affected by 'cross-pollination' would be the modern war title, but even that's not true. 1944 eastern front terrain would be eastern front terrain too in the new millennium.

Sure it is, next your going to tell me people didn't see in black and white back than!

;)

Shooter, you served them this on a silver plate.... :)

Anyway, grab the editor and start baking up stuff! I'm pretty sure people are working on new scenarios and maybe campaigns...

A module will come eventually, but meanwhile there's a lot that can be added by players.

A lot to be done with the publisher(editor) :)

I am extremely happy with Red Thunder. Its bloody Awesome. I have had enormous amounts of fun with QB's and just begining the Scenerios. I cant wait to see Hungarian, Romanian, and even Partisans.. along with Waffen SS units in the future.

I had the priviledge of meeting a Hungarian Vetran from WWII who fought in the Battle of Budapest. He was a Math and science professor before the war came to Hungary. When Hungary became part of the Axis powers in 1941. He enlisted and because of his aptitude in mathmatical engineering, he became a Lt in a Engineering Company and although I dont recall his unit I know it was within the Hungarian 2nd Army of I Corps. Anyways he remembered mostly that the initial waves of Soviet troops were sparcely carrying weapons, however there were as he said "Hordes" of them. Regardless of the many soviet lives lost, they won the day. What is most interesting I found was the mix of troops he fought with who could not break out, Hungarian, Waffen SS, and regular Heer all within the city.

He was captured and remained a captive until 1948, he was spared only because he was an Engineer and was able to fix things for his captors. He unfortunately died 4 months ago, but it was epic of his story from when he joined, and upon his release and I was very honored to have talked to a Hungarian Vetran.

So 4th slot in Steel Box™ :( is for final pack? And there is a lot of space in CMFI Steel Box. ;)

Im sure that BF wont close the door on CMBN with this pack. If sales are good and the opportunity is there Im sure they will consider making more than just one pack for the family. BN is one of the most popular parts of the war after all.

Its interesting to see what will happen to FI. One more module for Italy.. what then. Might we see some action in Africa? So much material to choose from for BF when it comes to chooisng what family to creat content for next etc. Hope they are able to multytask as much as possible :D

They will go with the sales of course.

CMx1 titles ranked in terms of CMBO, CMBB and CMAK in terms of sales.

I think that CMBN will be their best seller and they have plenty of scope to add more packs (The Bulge etc), mini-packs and other paid for content with good sales.

I am sure that CMRT will be the next in line in sales as there is quite an Eastern Front following and using the material from CMBN series can expand the Eastern Front to the end of the war June 1944 to April 1945 very easily. The Waffen SS, Lend Lease vehicles already exist in CMBN and there are only a few extra Soviet vehicles and units needed to get to the end of the war.

CMFI, I am sure was done first because it already contained many of the elements from CMBN and it was a question of adding in extra content from the base CMBN game, extra content that could then re-appear back in CMBN as the Commonwealth pack.

So what of the future. CMBN can continue to expand by adding in extra units, vehicles etc onto the existing CMx2 3.0 platform.

CMRT late war expansion pack is easy as it rides on the back of the Bulge expansion pack. They could add in a Ukraine/Poland mini pack with some extra terrain, partisans and other items. After that is a little more difficult. For a Kursk era pack, most of the Soviet vehicles will already be in place, as are most of the units so the work needs to happen on the earlier German units and vehicles which is quite a lot of work but would help if there was to be a CMFI Torch expansion. But earlier than Kursk or Stalingrad? No I really doubt if we will see a June 1941 or 1942 expansion within a couple of years as it would require a complete Soviet and German new set of units and vehicles which is a big job.

CMFI is more difficult as although extra content can be added into the existing timeframe, to go earlier would mean a big commitment in terms of new German vehicles, units, British vehicles and new terrain of course. A big project so unlikely to happen with the new modern CMSF version coming using the CMx2 3.0 engine.

So I think we will see the Bulge and CMRT Late War expansions coming out reasonably quickly. How much gets done after that will depend on CMRT sales, if they are good, we might get Kursk (based on the CMFI work for the Germans) and the existing Soviets). Then it is CMSF Mark II but the rest of CMFI and CMRT is a long way off.

I would not hold your breath for Hungarians and BT-7 tanks.

You missed out the new animation for Soviet tank company commanders signalling to their sub units using flags, oh, and the new flares. Make night fighting just outstanding.

Aye. Right.

I saw blocking detachments and NKVD troops adding a morale boost to Soviet troops (or was that "Enemy at the Gate"?) and the new German Crowbar AT weapon - just climb on board the tank and prise the hatch open - great animation with the troops in greatcoats.

I think I saw my all time favourite tank the T-34/57 M1941 with rarity turned off you can buy just one.

Might we see some action in Africa?

As much as I would love to see that, I wouldn't expect it this year nor in the first half of next year and probably not in the second half as well. BFC already has a lot of irons in the fire, and I expect their calculation is that East Front—both WW II and modern—will sell much better than a North African game. But they've surprised us before, and it kind of swings on how easy it would be to pull such a game together (and at some point it is going to become very easy) and on how much interest there is for such a game within the company. Remember, BFC has most often produced the games that they themselves wanted to play.

Michael