why no Russian campaign from 1941

They pretty much have the german units done for 44-45 already (using CMBN and CMFI)

only ruskies left to do

41 would require all new germans also...

and...

I think BFC will need a little more experince and feedback with the russians to find a good balance at wich level to put the russians during 41-42...

They will be bad...but how bad ?

- having large numbers of russians that will be able to do close to nothing and taking terrible losses will not be that fun to play...How should the lack off... good leaders, communication, weapons and ammo be simulated...

At 44-45 the russians were atleast closer to other nations with their abilities...

There's several other threads about this. We are planning on doing the whole war, but we can't do everything at one time. Arguably the most tactically challenging period is the one we are covering now. Hopefully people generally afraid of the Eastern Front will be more interested in Bagration timeframe than Barbarossa. If that happens then we all benefit because those people will be more likely to take an interest in other Eastern Front games as they come out.

That and logistically we can make a 44/45 timeframe game MUCH faster than 41/42 because we have a lot of the work done already.

Steve

These kind of threads really annoy me. Seems like taking the few minutes to read a bit about the game and why it's set when it is would be a whole lot more productive than storming on here accusing BFC of "not thinking the early war was important". Of course, I haven't made things better, have I?

meh, I'd cut him some slack. He's never posted on anything other than CMx1 so likely the whole complexity of CMx2 and the development decisions it drives are unknown to him. He could be reading for weeks before he would necessarily find the answer. This is what my buddy calls the 15 sec rule. He could search for weeks, or just take 15 seconds and ask someone who knows. ;)

Welcome to the Forum, Jack. I suspect you are no longer "Little" after all these years. I must say, I do admire your self-restraint in posting. I mean, six (6) posts since 2000, now that's what I call an economy of words. I suppose I could learn to be more "economical" myself. Here's hoping you don't wait nearly so long between posts in the future. After all, we don't all bite.

One 'problem' with doing a '41 title is the general perception about early war armor. Tinker toys and pop guns. Not a big draw. Like the armor supplied at the start of 'World of Tanks' that you escape at the first opportunity. I'm not talking about experienced players. Someone once commented back in CMBB that Newbies play Tigers versus IS-2s, veterans play Hungarian infantry versus Romania. :)

Hi

Why is it that battlefront have decided to do Eastern front from 1944 onwards?

Path of least resistance, and probably clamour from the marketing gurus.

Surely 1941, the winter campaign, 1942 the push to the don, late 42-early 43 the Stalingrad campaigns and the 43 the Kursk campaign...

Does battlefront see the war in the East as only important from 44 to 45 :-(

I'll wager that there will be a KURSK module, a STALINGRAD module and a BARBAROSSA module.

I'll also wager that each will be another $60.

Patience, grasshopper.

Scott Fraser

I'll wager that there will be a KURSK module, a STALINGRAD module and a BARBAROSSA module.

I think as planned each of those will get its own family.

I'll also wager that each will be another $60.

Probably more than that if each family consists of a base game and a module or two plus upgrades and packs.

Michael