It's almost here, Boys!

Will these new features also be in CMBN?

Well, since CMFI launched new features which were backported into CMBN as v2.0, then, YES, CMRT's features will be backported into CMBN and CMFI.

I don't know how long it will take, or how much the charge for it will be (remember, engine UPGRADES cost money, bug PATCHES are free), but all version improvements are planned for backporting.

REMEMBER: it will cost money to get the version upgrade.

Ken

Well, since CMFI launched new features which were backported into CMBN as v2.0, then, YES, CMRT's features will be backported into CMBN and CMFI.

I don't know how long it will take, or how much the charge for it will be (remember, engine UPGRADES cost money, bug PATCHES are free), but all version improvements are planned for backporting.

Ken

I don't mind to pay for an apgrade like this :P It is an awesome upgrade

Wow, that looks awesome! I can't wait to check out the new features, and am very curious to see the new interface and camera changes like "first person shooter" view. That sound like it should give players the truest view of what the unit has which should be a great help. I have to hurry up and get through the single play of CMFI so I can get it.

Will these new features also be in CMBN?

The strategy they have expressed is that every CMx2 game from CMBN on will be updated every time they add to the engine so eventually you will see version 4,5,6 etc upgrades to CMBN and those will continue long after they have stopped adding modules and packs to CMBN. What is cool about that is Battlefront always has the option to release a new pack or something based on new capabilities for the engine even if they haven't touched CMBN other than engine upgrades for a couple years. So if for example they ever deal with water issues in maps and vehicles, they could come back some day with a D Day pack with landing craft, glider landings etc etc. The product in that sense will always be fresh. It is hard to overestimate just how important that commitment is to the long term value of your purchase.

Think of it like this. You bought a 2001 car. In 2014 they release the same car with a whole set of new features. They then tell you for a small portion of the cost of that new vehicle, you can get all those very cool features. (and in the case of a game you don't have to factor in that your car is falling apart after 13 years :D )

Great news!

A couple things I am particularly happy with:

First person shooter view mode may equal a better Infantry Company commander or Platoon leader simulator.

AI Triggers in Editor!

Hopefully some of this will eventually leak back down into CMFI and CMBN. Nice work guys

Los

First person shooter view mode may equal a better Infantry Company commander or Platoon leader simulator.

Actually Los from reading on another thread it sounds like it is not a new FPS view, but rather one can controll the camera simiar to how one does in a FPS. Still though, I think a true FPS view would be cool for immersion, but for practical reasons it would give players the truest viewpoint the unit has. For squads I would want to get the FPS view of the highest ranking guy. I'm not interested in firing, and taking control like a FPS, but I do think that viewpoint could be helpful.

Actually Los from reading on another thread it sounds like it is not a new FPS view, but rather one can controll the camera simiar to how one does in a FPS. Still though, I think a true FPS view would be cool for immersion, but for practical reasons it would give players the truest viewpoint the unit has. For squads I would want to get the FPS view of the highest ranking guy. I'm not interested in firing, and taking control like a FPS, but I do think that viewpoint could be helpful.

Yup, that's quite right.

The new controls are just that... controls. It's not a new way to play the game. That's a much more involved concept and we're not likely going down that route any time soon.

Steve

Oh my God! That is one impressive list of new features... I am in awe....

+1 to that.

2014 will be an interesting year. Those new features back in CMBN will be loads of fun all over again.

Nice reminder about the new versions costing some $:) We should all add that to our sig lines - perhaps then no one would be shocked and freak out. Nahww they will not notice anyway and we will still have the "why do I have to pay" threads popping up. At least we will not see that until later in the year - I hope :D