Any other releases planned for CMBN?

Isn't there going to be a west front winter module? Bulge, Huertgen, Rhine crossings etc? There's something great about fighting out winter or snow battles when it's deep winter outside too. Adds to the mood :)

No. There's (according to what I understand of the last pronouncement I remember from BFC) not going to be a winter module for the Western Front. "Bulge" will be a whole new family of base game-plus-modules, with any incremental improvements in the engine being released as upgrades to the existing games (BN and later), in the same way the x2v2 improvements of FI were backed into BN.

Before the end of 2014.

Lots of interesting possibilities noted. CMAK desert war was just plain fun to play. CMBB offered a very deep toy box of hardware.

As for New Modern "Black Sea" , the masses in Ukraine and government in Russia maybe on track for real world events happening before the end of 2014.

Lots of interesting possibilities noted. CMAK desert war was just plain fun to play. CMBB offered a very deep toy box of hardware.

As for New Modern "Black Sea" , the masses in Ukraine and government in Russia maybe on track for real world events happening before the end of 2014.

If anything, the current turbulence in the Ukraine would be a disincentive to releasing a game postulating a western intervention in the region... IIRC, Syria was chosen as the middle eastern setting for SF at least in part because it was thought to be very unlikely to even be a candidate for such an action...

No. There's (according to what I understand of the last pronouncement I remember from BFC) not going to be a winter module for the Western Front. "Bulge" will be a whole new family of base game-plus-modules, with any incremental improvements in the engine being released as upgrades to the existing games (BN and later), in the same way the x2v2 improvements of FI were backed into BN.

Man, I'd be all over that game/sim + modules!! Count this as a definite vote FOR Battlefront Developers please!

IIRC, Syria was chosen as the middle eastern setting for SF at least in part because it was thought to be very unlikely to even be a candidate for such an action...

Actually I think it was the opposite, they thought if anything else happened in the Middle East it'd end up being Syria. So, the scenario was deemed realistic even though it was fictional.

I would really like to see a return to North Africa although I'm not holding my breath.

Michael

The oxygen mask would make that kinda hard anyway...But I think you'll see it eventually, Steve has mentioned it enough times now.

Mord.

Isn't there going to be a west front winter module? Bulge, Huertgen, Rhine crossings etc? There's something great about fighting out winter or snow battles when it's deep winter outside too. Adds to the mood :)

We have to have a Siegfried Line Module to cover the October and November battles on the Grman border and in Holland. There is the Scheldt, Overloon, Aachen, Nancy, Metz, Hurtgen and the Vosges Mountains to fight over. Battlefront could, I am sure, employ the same"Region" solution they chose for Holland in Market Garden. The Germans get the rather dubious quality Volksgrenadiers. Allies get some minor changes to their equipment but probably require very little that is not already in. Then just add suitable autumn abd winter weather.

Regarding the Bulge. I still see this as more of an add on module to Normandy rather than a new game in its' own right. Once you add the Siegfied Line battles there is actually very little need to make major changes to do the Bulge. And once you do that you can introduce a few more organisational and equipment changes to take you through the Rhineland. over the Rhine and through Germany.

Which seems to make much more sense than re-inventing the wheel and doing all the coding for making the Bulge as a whole new game. That way Battlefront can concentrate more on new games for the Russian Front and elsewhere

I doubt making the Bulge a separate game from CMBN would require all new coding, as most (all?) the code from CMBN would be used (i.e. it will use the same game engine). You do have a point that it makes some sense to give us the Bulge as a module for CMBN, rather than a separate game, but then again, I think CMBN has become big and confusing enough, when it comes to what version works with what, etc.

So, my final opinion is BFC should give us the promised "pack" for CMBN, and then declare CMBN "finished" until the 3.0 upgrade is available.

I doubt making the Bulge a separate game from CMBN would require all new coding, as most (all?) the code from CMBN would be used (i.e. it will use the same game engine). You do have a point that it makes some sense to give us the Bulge as a module for CMBN, rather than a separate game, but then again, I think CMBN has become big and confusing enough, when it comes to what version works with what, etc.

So, my final opinion is BFC should give us the promised "pack" for CMBN, and then declare CMBN "finished" until the 3.0 upgrade is available.

Making Normandy the engine for the whole of the NW European campaign seems like a much more logical decision allowing the user to run any action between D Day and May 1945 in this theatre. As LOS points out winter terrain for the Bulge and the Siegfried Line is already achieveable. The Siegfried Line campaigns, The Bulge, The Rhineland/invasion of Germany can then come in the cheaper packs instead of purchasing a whole new gaame

3.0 can then be used to showcase future releases such as the early blitzkriegs, the Desert War/Tunisia, Russian Front and more moderns #(Commbat Mission Kore 2018 for example) or as an option to improve the functionality and aesthetics. I would like to see the Funnies of 79th Armoured Division included at some point as well but I do wonder how hard it might be to do a graphically convinging Flail variant of the Sherman