Any other releases planned for CMBN?

But CMFI also gets another module, correct?

That's what they're sayin'. Personally I'm not interested in the concluding months of the Italian campaign. The really meaningful action was, at this stage, taking place elsewhere. I wish BF would back up in time and issue a Tunisia module- NOT a new game. I'd buy that one. CMFI: Gothic Line, no.

If BFC goes to desert war, and there's no telling if they will, its pretty much guaranteed that it would be a new game and not a module. There's simply too much back-end work. New building types, a change of dates and location that literally shifts the positions of the stars in the sky, terrain and flora changes, a wholesale redoing of the TO&E from scratch (the biggest part of the job), a laundry list of vehicle types that didn't make it out of Africa including Lee, Grant, PzII, Valentine etc. That's too much work just to go from Torch to Tunisia in a module, they'd probably want a multi-module title that at least extends back to the 2nd battle of Alamein.

I say it again.. hope they go el Alamein to Tunisia, we got brits in shorts! most units are in only need matildas crusader, grant lee tank.

Well...but then there are all the various Italian and German vehicles of various types—and some of them are pretty various, believe me—as well as some of the older and odder bits of kit that the Brits and their friends were swanning around in. Looked at one way, the North African campaign has a kind of glorious comic opera quality to it (one the the things I find so fascinating about this theater), with a whole museum full of oddities. On the other, trying to do all the necessary coding and artwork for these critters would be no small job. I suppose the question on BFC's mind is inevitably whether or not there would be widespread enough interest to make this a viable business proposition. There is certainly a population of fanatics, of which I include myself, who would buy such a game in a hot minute. But suppose world-wide there turned out to be only say one thousand of us? BFC has to recoup their costs if they are going to stay in business. They are also going to have to make at least some profit if they want to keep eating.

Michael

I would like to see a Pacific War series which may include the fall of Singapore and the Philippines and all the island hopping which has never not been featured in any of CM previous games.

Ditto. But I have heard devs complain they don't want to do water and amphibs or something of the sort.

Ditto. But I have heard devs complain they don't want to do water and amphibs or something of the sort.

But Steve dropped hint a while ago about about (paraphrasing very lightly) "not having amphibious vehicles...yet." Who knows what that means?

Mord.

But Steve dropped hint a while ago about about (paraphrasing very lightly) "not having amphibious vehicles...yet." Who knows what that means?

I suppose they might include amphibious vehicles without giving them any amphibious capabilities, but I don't think they would do that and I can't think of any reason why they would have to.

Michael

Although not CMBN, a New Modern CMx2 “Black Sea" might be a timely release? Seems like Battlefront picks some interesting locations to demonstrate what the CMx* engine can do!

Ukraine protests: Thousands march through capital

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-25173719

Ukraine: Protesters besiege government building

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2013/12/02/ukraine-protests/3801183/

“Protests have been held daily in Kiev since Yanukovych backed away from an agreement that would have established free trade and deepened political cooperation between Ukraine and the EU. He justified the decision by saying that Ukraine couldn't afford to break trade ties with Russia.”

Mord….”But Steve dropped hint a while ago about about (paraphrasing very lightly) "not having amphibious vehicles...yet." Who knows what that means?”

Vietnam maybe?

Oh man, I feel like such an idiot now... I always thought that CMAK was the biggest selling CMx1 game.. I was sure I read articles about that years ago... haha all these years I've been assuming wrong and Afrika Korps is NOT the most popular?! I thought popularity-wise, it went...

I) CMAK

II) CMBB

III) CMBO

Still... wrong or not, the one singular thing that makes the ubiquitous omission of official (as opposed to our own mods) Afrika Korps ops in CMx2 so puzzling to me is simply this: If we took a "who is your favourite WWII general" poll, who do you think would win? I'm pretty sure it would be "Desert Fox" Rommel. Or wouldn't it? So... why wouldn't a CMx2 CMAK-II choc full of the North African campaigns be a sensible thing to make, when we'd all buy it?

Stalingrad would be nice, as well of course! Good luck guys, I have my wallet ready for you. :)

Vietnam maybe?

I suspect that Vietnam is waaaaaay over the horizon at the moment, as are the Arab-Israeli wars. Maybe some day if it can be demonstrated that there is enough demand to make them viable business propositions, but not right away (which is to say probably not in the next five years).

Michael