So why Battlefront is charging us money for a patch?

What is this

This is insulting to any customer with intact brains and eyes.

The so called "Upgrade" has every single thing you'd expect in a normal patch, no new maps, no new units, campaigns, missions. ANYTHING. It has every UI, graphical, gameplay, balance, etc. Fixes and improvements that is a mandatory in any patch for any game whatsoever. How in the hell you people think this can be called a "upgrade" and then make you pay for it? Is Battlefront having economical trouble or what is the reason of this?

I realize I don't have to pay for it if I don't like it (and I sure won't pay a penny)

When I buy a game I expect basic support, such as bug fixes and performance enhancements if there are issues (and CM is not a game that runs anywhere near as good as it should).

Battlefield 2 patches had more features than this, and the files were a lot bigger than this. They didn't ask for a penny. Same goes for Sword of the Stars series, Half Life, Deus Ex, Hitman, The Ship, Project Zomboid, EVEN THE PLANTS VERSUS ZOMBIES.

Majority of the games don't make payable patches. They don't blatantly lie like this. Do I really have to wait for any future Battlefront games to be completely fixed in the future if I am to buy them? After all I might just pay for a broken product and will have to pay again to have it functional.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

How long have you been playing battlefront products .... especially combat missions series? Probably not long otherwise you would get it.

CMBN is made by a very small group of people compared to other big companies. The life cycle of this game will probably go at least 5 years if not 10 due to continued work, patches, modules etc.

You purchasing a 10 dollar upgrade is at least for me an act of good will knowing that this game will be continually worked on and supported for years to come.

Would you rather have a months subscription service or no support after a year or 2 of the game coming out.

Do use search, its your friend. Then you can avoid the inevitable SH!# Storm your about to endure from people already annoyed answering this question.

How long have you been playing battlefront products .... especially combat missions series? Probably not long otherwise you would get it.

Battlefront forum isn't some supersecret club, everyone can come here and read what anyone ever has posted. It makes the whole "experienced member" point hilariously invalid.

CMBN is made by a very small group of people compared to other big companies. The life cycle of this game will probably go at least 5 years if not 10 due to continued work, patches, modules etc.

Guess what, there are several other games made EVEN SMALLER groups of people that get by without leeching money off from simple patches. I even listed some of those groups above but I guess you just want to be blissfully ignorant and didn't read because oh boy it would make you actually think for once that this abuse of a customer is complete bull****.

You purchasing a 10 dollar upgrade is at least for me an act of good will knowing that this game will be continually worked on and supported for years to come.

Would you rather have a months subscription service or no support after a year or 2 of the game coming out.

Act of good will?

If I want to make act of good will, I go donate to charity.

Paying for a patch is same as pulling down your pants, bending over, and asking for someone to stick it up your butt. It makes the developers to think that they can do this for every game they shall release from now on.

Why you people are so spineless when it comes to defending your own rights, do you realize that criticism is the way for letting developers to know where to improve and what NOT to do?

Only morons think that this hurst the developers.

probably your eyes are a bit damaged (won't discuss your brain here) - since the patch to 1.11 is FREE and the UPGRADE to 2.00 with ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONALITY has to be payed.

I think you are lobotomized if you seriously think that people should pay for patches in order to fix their games.

Yawn........

so edgy & cool

Did you buy CMSF when it first came out? If you had and lived through that you would never have made this post.

Download CMFI demo and try out the upgrades and then decide if it is worth 10 bucks.

Maybe whine to someone in real life about this and see how that goes. Merry Xmas!

EVEN EA GIVES MORE CONTENT FOR FREE THAN THIS

Did you buy CMSF when it first came out? If you had and lived through that you would never have made this post.

Download CMFI demo and try out the upgrades and then decide if it is worth 10 bucks.

Maybe whine to someone in real life about this and see how that goes. Merry Xmas!

That's the point, of course it's not worth 10 bucks because it should have been in the original broken game that you paid for

Jakoffski is back...it's a Christmas miracle!

Mord.

Hey everyone it's the egoistic someone with no-opinion

BFC's real mistake was that they didn't add split the upgrade into half a dozen separate packages, each with a unique helmet, and charge $3 for each "DLC." That's almost twice the revenue for - other than some lame skins - the same product.

Then maybe we could generate some real outrage. What's the deal...? $10 now or $5 later for significant improvements to the basic game, where I'm already prepared to shell out about $50 for each installment? Ahh... nah. I tried, but I really can't work up any steam over it.

Hey, maybe they added *one* unique uniform to the 2.0 package out of a selection of 3, so you had to buy the upgrade three times to collect 'em all. If I gave a damn about the uniforms that might piss me off.

(Err... OTOH, I do like the new uniform selection feature in 2.0.)

What is this

This is insulting to any customer with intact brains and eyes.

What's insulting is your assumption that everyone here (who understand the difference between "something different and new" and "fixing something broken" and the difference between a subscription model of software development funding and an expansion-based model) is deficient in sight and mental faculties.

You are either a troll or an idiot. I assume the former, so I claim my five pounds.

Oh, and welcome to my ignore list.

Just played CMBN v2 for hours and had a blast. Only for 10 bucks. It is a steal. Don't like it? Don't buy it!

Thanks again battlefront for updating my favorite game!

So you just literally admitted that it's a update.

And you paid for it

I only stopped laughing because the bits of my lungs on the screen obstructed my view of your post.

Hahahah he doesn't even try to be reasonable, resorting to passive-agressive bitchiness and is enought self-entitled to say that the patch is equal to the differences to battlefield 2 and 3.

"The traditional dev wont do upgrades"? Traditional devs (or any other devs out there) don't call patches as upgrades

Clearly sensible developers 10/10 would buy games again

What's insulting is your assumption that everyone here (who understand the difference between "something different and new" and "fixing something broken" and the difference between a subscription model of software development funding and an expansion-based model) is deficient in sight and mental faculties.

You are either a troll or an idiot. I assume the former, so I claim my five pounds.

Oh, and welcome to my ignore list.

I criticize this game and that makes me a troll in your eyes?

That is the most ignorant thing I have read this week

I'm using my psychic powers to predict that Jaksteri won't get on well in these forums.

I am predicting with common sense and without any disabilities that you people are flinging crap just to derail this thread into ****storm because it's the best that you can do instead of admitting that yes, this is not the way Battlefront should be going.

Is this true?

I've been looking into this game and thinking of buying it, but charging 10 $ for what's basically so much of a patch that you explicitly need to state 'It's not a patch' is... Questionable, at the least.

I really don't want to see another 'Rise of Flight' thing, where I get one half of a good game and need to pay more to get the other half.

It's not like there are more units, maps or really improvements in this 'Upgrade'.

Is this true?

I've been looking into this game and thinking of buying it, but charging 10 $ for what's basically so much of a patch that you explicitly need to state 'It's not a patch' is... Questionable, at the least.

I really don't want to see another 'Rise of Flight' thing, where I get one half of a good game and need to pay more to get the other half.

It's not like there are more units, maps or really improvements in this 'Upgrade'.

You can pretty much tell from the ignorant dickery of these people that get upset immediately if you question the methods of their precious developers, that it's true.

You are missing the point. This is not a FPS shooter, nor it is a zombie game. CM is a niche market product with pretty much no competition.

If they have no competition, how does that excuse them for charging money for patches? If they don't have any competition, they have no need to do all these ******* moves for easy money.