So why Battlefront is charging us money for a patch?

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you serious? Expect everything for free?

Framerate patches? Camera jumps to groups functions ? This is worth 10 Euros?

Not even EA and Ubisoft go that far, and they are known for putting spyware into their games.

Patches that fix bugs (and occasionally add features, although that's not common) are free. The upgrade, on the other hand, is a massive engine overhaul - we added a host of useful features, and made the engine prettier and faster, then back ported all those changes to CMBN and completely redid all artwork (textures, etc.) for that game - a game that's been out for eighteen months. It was a ton of work - not anywhere near just a few bug fixes for a patch. I think it's a really great evolution of the game and engine - but we did have to charge for it.

You'll note that a free patch (fixing bugs!) was released alongside the upgrade.

As noted, you do NOT have to buy it to play CMBN.

Slow day.

Mord.

Nah, you are just addicted to me and whatever because you just have to make sure that I'm not talking about you.

And because your obvious act of being a edgy troll isn't working. So far the posts you make gives the general impression of a moron who seriously can't think even for a simple argument and resorts to insults and generally aggressive attitude.

Also BF1942's one patch was 3GB's big, contained unique weapons, maps, several balance fixes, fixed bugs, improved graphics, etc. It also didn't cost anything.

Oh, what's that? Saying that I want everything free? Silly you.

Go on Mord and friends, cling on every possible excuse to invalidate any arguments or points I make.

Jaksteri = Loki ?

Oh my God

What is with you people and your obsession of a belief that there's only one person in the world that doesn't approve of Battlefront's methods? That actually criticizes the games?

We don't need to do anything, every time you post, you invalidate yourself.

Admitting you have a problem is the first step to your recovery. Good luck.

You're adorable.

You're still afraid to say anything worthwhile, I can just imagine you in real life as that one pencilnecked guy who always submits to anything anyone demands or asks and then mumbles to himself in the corner.

And because your obvious act of being a edgy troll isn't working.

Your opening post was nothing short of a tirade, and if you had taken the time to read the numerous other threads about this subject, you would of seen that everything that could possibly be said on the subject has been said, from both sides, so all i can assume is that you always start discussions in an aggressive and accusatory way, which is going to diminish any initial sympathy to your plight, or you knew exactly what you were doing, and that was trolling.

The upgrade, on the other hand, is a massive engine overhaul - we added a host of useful features, and made the engine prettier and faster, then back ported all those changes to CMBN and completely redid all artwork (textures, etc.) for that game

Now this is some other thing. I have not seen anything like that in the upgrade description.

Let me explain where the problem lies:

The description mentions rather cosmetic functions like camera jumps and improved framerates which are expected to be released for free.

Have you looked at the progress Il2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover made? Not a penny charged for anything, and they even released another campaign for free.

A developer that puts work and effort into a game mostly to please his playerbase is something rarely seen nowadays. Taking one for the team and releasing a big upgrade for free, mentioning the work it has cost you gives you the look of one of these developers that is known to really satisfy his customers.

Also, one more thing:

All this fandom going on is damaging your reputation outside this forum, and it is that one thing where no developer is intervening.

That being said, I am pleased that somebody responded in a polite way, having facts to back up his claims.

Jaksteri = cheap bastard!

End of story. Really, you're about the 8th guy to post this crap. If you don't want to pay $10 then don't. We really don't care.

...and to the other guy who mentioned Rise of Flight. Yes, 777 needs to charge for additional content to stay in business. Why is this even considered an issue?

Also, one more thing:

All this fandom going on is damaging your reputation outside this forum, and it is that one thing where no developer is intervening.

Oh please. Who cares? You like BF games then pay the $10.00. You don't then just go away and worry about BFs reputation elsewhere. Hey, why not do your concern trolling on the Wargamer forum where there is a three page thread devoted to Steve's damaged reputation?

Oh please. Who cares? You like BF games then pay the $10.00. You don't then just go away and worry about BFs reputation elsewhere. Hey, why not do your concern trolling on the Wargamer forum where there is a three page thread devoted to Steve's damaged reputation?

You clearly don't understand.

The community of a game plays a big role when a player seeks out to buy a game.

He checks the game, asks around communities, checks what issues it has etc. Based on the information gathered they then determine if they want to buy it or not.

A good community helps with difficult parts or issues with the game, the customer would be statisfied with friendly community that actively helps. Then he/she might recommend it to others aswell with similiar taste in games.

Your absolutely sheer hostility towards ANYONE who criticizes Combat Mission is overwhelming and no doubt scares quite a few potential buyers away.

You are only hurting yourself here.

Here we go...NOW, comes the martyr card.

Really what Jaki was trying to do, with his big attitude and insults and whatnot, was to save BFC and all of us from ourselves...but like a pack of animals we attacked him for NO good reason.

They say geniuses are rarely understood in their time.

Mord.

Pure transparent trolling complete with sock-puppets.

The OP is undoubtedly aware of Battlefront's thread on this very issue, but decided to start another thread on it. Obviously, he just wanted to start a "fight" and then "win" it by getting the last word in until it's closed or the people who "picked-up his gauntlet" stop responding. In other words, the SOP of the bored troll.

But this is exactly what is wrong, it's not the kind of 'new stuff' you'd pay this price for, other companies charge below 10 Euro for entire expansion packs, not cosmetic changes that don't affect gameplay.

"cosmetic changes that don't affect gameplay."

This statement confirms your know very little about the game engine,or the upgrade.

In other words "clueless"!

Your absolutely sheer hostility towards ANYONE who criticizes Combat Mission is overwhelming and no doubt scares quite a few potential buyers away.

Maybe it's the way you criticize, have you actually read your posts ?, when i read your opening post, i could actually hear your teeth gnashing, and feel your spittle spray my face !!!

I am pleased that somebody responded in a polite way

Try going back and read Jaksteri´s posts again.

Then tell me why anybody should answer such childish spoilt-brat whining politely? I am not going to waste any more time on him or this thread.

Merry Christmas

It'll cost you ten bucks...So, you might wanna start another thread whining about it.

I'd gladly pay ten bucks for that

Try going back and read Jaksteri´s posts again.

Then tell me why anybody should answer such childish spoilt-brat whining politely? I am not going to waste any more time on him or this thread.

Merry Christmas

Yes, whatever that happens to offend you absolutely justifies acting like jackass.

I am predicting with common sense and without any disabilities that you people are flinging crap just to derail this thread into ****storm because it's the best that you can do instead of admitting that yes, this is not the way Battlefront should be going.

Ah well, no it is you who is flinging crap. You know, it's really so simple: if you don't like how BFC does business, go somewhere else. If you have so much contempt for the posters on this board, go somewhere else.

Here's one more clue and I won't even charge for it: Being a snotty little bitch doesn't make you cool, it just makes you a snotty little bitch.

Michael