So why Battlefront is charging us money for a patch?

How in the hell you people think this can be called a "upgrade" and then make you pay for it? Is Battlefront having economical trouble or what is the reason of this?

I think I finally understand all this whining.

This is the attitude the right wing was ranting about during the election...the entitlement attitude. I get it now...

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I finally understand all this whining.

This is the attitude the right wing was ranting about during the election...the entitlement attitude. I get it now...

Yes how dare a customer buy a product expecting it to function properly and have proper support for it that was also listed to come with the product.

Phil Culliton has been the only one who has made a good post supporting BF's viewpoint without a passive-aggressive attitude, you people need to step it up.

Now this is some other thing. I have not seen anything like that in the upgrade description.

That's because you're ignorant of what "...New Rendering Shaders..." and "...Bump and Normal Mapping..." are. If you'd asked about them instead of just ignoring them, you'd be a much more enlightened bunny.

Let me explain where the problem lies:

Right behind your eyes.

The description mentions rather cosmetic functions like camera jumps and improved framerates which are expected to be released for free.

You're a troll too.

It also mentions various additions to gameplay options like the armour covered arcs and target-briefly. And things like changes to the way Fog of War is presented.

Have you looked at the progress Il2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover made? Not a penny charged for anything, and they even released another campaign for free.

A developer that puts work and effort into a game mostly to please his playerbase is something rarely seen nowadays. Taking one for the team and releasing a big upgrade for free, mentioning the work it has cost you gives you the look of one of these developers that is known to really satisfy his customers.

And means we don't get any more game. Gooood move for us. Yeah.

Also, one more thing:

All this fandom going on is damaging your reputation outside this forum, and it is that one thing where no developer is intervening.

When someone starts posting with well founded criticisms, you'll see that this ain't fandom. This is satisfied customers tearing idiots who don't have a clue a new one.

Just to prove I'm not a screaming fanboy: I have already decided that I'm not upgrading 'til the mortar bug gets fixed in a patch. Neither will I be buying CW. We're promised bugfixes for free, and the mortar targeting bug is both definitely a bug (cos it's fixed in v2) and deeply affects game play. Welching on that deal (on a permanent basis - I'm entirely happy at the moment that it'll take another bite at that cherry to get it fixed, but it will eventually be fixed) would sour my opinion of BFC beyond recovery.

Thank you, Mord. It warms my heart to see that you have finally embraced reality. Merry Christmas, brother.

Michael

That was your pacemaker short circuiting...BUT backatchya, with a Happy New Year thrown in for good measure.

Mord.

Now I'm angry!! Rather than charging the same for CMBN and CMFI and then backporting the features of CMFI to CMBN for an extra ten bucks they should have charged ten dollars more for CMFI!! I'm furious that I underpaid for CMFI!! :mad: CMBN should have been ten dollars cheaper than CMFI because those features in CMFI weren't in CMBN dammit! The obvious solution was to have charged ten dollars more for CMFI in the first place! If they did that, then the price for CMBN with the upgrade would be the same as CMFI. I'm furious that I paid to little for CMFI! BFC should have charged me more!!! :mad:

I think the strategy going forward should be to charge each new version ten dollars more than the previous version.

Paying for a patch is same as pulling down your pants, bending over, and asking for someone to stick it up your butt.

Only morons think that this hurst the developers.

I might have a patch I can sell your daughter. Morons and spellcheck unite!

So, you created another account to back up your own argument? How Dorosh of you.

Mord.

Do you mean that FaxisAxis character? Give this guy credit, he hasn't called you or anyone else out as a 12 to 21 year old as of yet.

Remember this gem:

"You "sound" like Justin Bieber. how old are you 12? Go away this is for old Grogs."

Only a sampling of many from that...

And yet you haven't refuted any point, instead you decide to call names and label others trolls in order to question their arguments base.

You people do like to contradict yourself

Noplan I think they have advanced so far into the denial that they are soon going to think that I am a A.I program because obviously no human would talk foul about their gem

Yes how dare a customer buy a product expecting it to function properly and have proper support for it that was also listed to come with the product.

FUNNY, BFC never mentioned any of these when CMBN was released.

Moveable Waypoints

Ability to assign special uniform types for select units types on a unit by unit basis.

Target Armor Arc Command

Expanded Floating Icon Categories

"Fog of War" Floating Icons

2D Editor Map Overlay

Auto-Assemble Road/Wall/Hedge Tool

Camera Jump to Groups

Target Briefly Command

New Rendering Shaders

Bump and Normal Mapping

Improved Framerates

Pausable Realtime TCP/IP Mode

So...you are LYING through your teeth to hold up a point that only exists in your head. Come on big mouth, show us where BFC promised us these features two years ago.

without a passive-aggressive attitude,

How about just an aggressive attitude...hypocrite. You got a perfectly reasonable first reply and how did you respond? Like you always do...like an ass. And then you whine like a baby 'cause no one wants to play nice with you.

Mord.

For some reason I was reminded of this with this thread....

I remember on a sports forum I use to frequent 12 years ago, there was this poster that eventually got busted for having duel user names... actually several, he would literally be talking to himself (with his several usernames) in the same thread, arguing and praising his own posts... creepy, schizoid-ish even.

Do you mean that FaxisAxis character? Give this guy credit, he hasn't called you or anyone else out as a 12 to 21 year old as of yet.

Remember this gem:

"You "sound" like Justin Bieber. how old are you 12? Go away this is for old Grogs."

Only a sampling of many from that...

LOL no...this noplan guy who magically appeared to support Jaki boy. His first post happened in this thread along with another first poster, zotek...both JUST joined.

Mord.

Moveable Waypoints

Ability to assign special uniform types for select units types on a unit by unit basis.

Target Armor Arc Command

Expanded Floating Icon Categories

"Fog of War" Floating Icons

2D Editor Map Overlay

Auto-Assemble Road/Wall/Hedge Tool

Camera Jump to Groups

Target Briefly Command

New Rendering Shaders

Bump and Normal Mapping

Improved Framerates

Pausable Realtime TCP/IP Mode

Funny, even the smallest steam fixes contain more than that.

They also don't announce if they are going to make them, they just do. Because you can only fix a bug once you find it.

How about just an aggressive attitude...hypocrite. You got a perfectly reasonable first reply and how did you respond? Like you always do...like an ass. And then you whine like a baby 'cause no one wants to play nice with you.

The general quality of your posts made me think that this is the acceptable standard of this forum.

and lol who's been bitchin, posting sorry excuses of insults, and then tip-toed around arguments? But it's not like I can expect anything better from a sad man that is the mashup of a egoistic prick and a spineless retard. You are so mad that you contradict yourself. Playing nice? Oh please, read your own earlier posts and note your knee-jerk reaction posts for every time I gave you the attention you ah' so much need

For some reason I was reminded of this with this thread....

I remember on a sports forum I use to frequent 12 years ago, there was this poster that eventually got busted for having duel user names... actually several, he would literally be talking to himself (with his several usernames) in the same thread, arguing and praising his own posts... creepy, schizoid-ish even.

Go ahead and do your internet detective work, prove me that I have several accounts here

...Go ahead and do your internet detective work, prove me that I have several accounts here

Bah what for? I am on holidays enjoying my CM products when I have a free moment. I have no need to waste my time on research about you.

Excuse me, a bottle of Crown Royal beckons me and on to the front lines with the German's of course... :D

Funny, even the smallest steam fixes contain more than that.

They also don't announce if they are going to make them, they just do. Because you can only fix a bug once you find it.

LOL. ANYTHING Jaki thinks should be in a game that isn't, is a bug. How convenient for his skewed grip on reality.

Mord.