[Preview 2.0]Tanks a Lot's CM:BN buildings

Tanks a Lot

Coming soon... 16 brand new buildings. They are totally from scratch, and replace all 16 of the independent houses in the game. Bases have been removed, grass and plants/bushes have been added, so they fit in with the ground more naturally. All 16 have new roofs, including 9 completely unique ones.

They are basically finished at this point, the reason this is a preview and not a release thread is that I'll need to wait for the 2.0 upgrade to come out. I have no idea what effect this upgrade might have on the buildings, and if any changes will be needed. I hope they'll be worth the wait.

I'd like to give a huge thanks to Juju, for his tireless testing, and super suggestions.

On to the preview! if you want to view multiple images of each building, the following link will take you to my Photobucket album. The picture just shows what the album looks like. Once inside the album, you can click on any thumbnail and it will enlarge, a 2nd click will show it in full size:

Click here to see my CM:BN buildings album

albumview_zpsaf8051b3.jpg

If you would rather watch a full-size slideshow of those same pictures, click the link below:

Click here to view a slideshow of my CM:BN buildings

slideshow_zps07905a86.jpg

I should give one full-size preview, this is a new building that hasn't been previewed before:

building005-01front.jpg

Anyway, I hope you'll like them.

A real work of art and a stupendous undertaking spanning over 14 months of -basically uninterrupted (and hard)- work.

Pretty much everything about these babies is unique (i.e. isn't repeated anywhere else on any of the other buildings). Wall, doors, stonework, cornerstones, plants and even windows. Last time I counted the window 'doodads' I think I counted around 170 unique ones! Talk about dedication!

It was an absolute joy testing these babies. I hope all my suggestions (sometimes odd-ball. Look for the bird droppings, here and there ;)) didn't make you go bald prematurely. :D

These are amazing. Fantastic job on each and every one.

The Italy buildings should give an idea of what has changed- Normal maps are probably the main difference for structures.

Release away!- no one will care one bit about the difference in the interim, and when 2.0 comes out, revisit if doing the normal maps is necessary.

These are amazing. Fantastic job on each and every one.

The Italy buildings should give an idea of what has changed- Normal maps are probably the main difference for structures.

Release away!- no one will care one bit about the difference in the interim, and when 2.0 comes out, revisit if doing the normal maps is necessary.

+1 on that!!! Hell +10 on that!

I believe patboy is working on modular buildings, I'll let him take care of those. I've done 3 of the 8 barns, so if I release anything after these, it will be the barns.

Hi Tanks a Lot, it's been a while since I didn't come here, I'm waiting for the patch 2.0 release, and your permission to use your roof mod (after your own mod release) to fit your excellent buildings mods!

Cheers

Pat

Holy sh*t, you actually did it! I thought you may have quietly given up, or gone insane, or sumfink by now, lol.

Errr, I hate to mention it, but there is a new game out, CMFI. What'cha doing for the next 14 months?

I didn't give up, but the sanity part is in question.

I probably should spend the next 14 months recovering from the last 14 months.

These look outstanding. Awesome job!

They are basically finished at this point, the reason this is a preview and not a release thread is that I'll need to wait for the 2.0 upgrade to come out. I have no idea what effect this upgrade might have on the buildings, and if any changes will be needed. I hope they'll be worth the wait.

Honestly, I wouldn't worry about how the upgrade will affect them at this point. That's most likely months into the future, and we haven't even been told when it might come out. Whether you release them now and revisit them after the upgrade or hold on to them until the upgrade and then release, you're still having to do update work either way. This is, of course, assuming that they're totally finished and release ready today. Also, not everyone will be purchasing the upgrade. Ultimately it's your call, but these are just some things to think about.