More small scenarios & campaigns

I'm the one who have less time to play and I'm looking for smaller and shorter scenarios. It was nice to see some very good small scenarios in CMFI. I specially enjoyed "Catch a Tiger!" and "Fight at Fallebruca" scenarios. Thanks for the scenario designers, looking forward for more.

Sicily is totally different and new tactics is needed. I have very little knowledge of this campaign, but so far I had fun playing. Still eager to experience more...

I'm hoping that I can make few scenarios too (if I find time for it) but in the meantime I hope YOU GUYS make more of these, please! There are people who love small scenarios and I'm one of them. So everyone who likes small & short scenarios please speak up and ask for more!

all sizes have their place. But I do agree that there is not enough smaller battles being created.

I always feel like the smaller battles are the most exciting. because losing one key piece or unit might swing the whole battle. The bigger the battle gets the less value each unit has in the total objective. you get to a point where losing a platoon of tanks is ok. as long as they bought time for your other three platoons to make the flanking move you wanted.

It really does change the thought process you have.

For some players, they cannot change the value of their units with how they play the game. So they only like one style.

Have you ever played PBEM? If you have not much time, PBEM is THE solution for this, too!

PBEM does not only make it possible, that people with not much time, or large blocks of sparetime, can play the FULL scale of all available battles, even huge ones. It also allows to play without the ticking clock in the head while playing against human opponents.

Yup - I'm a big fan of the smaller scenario. I think they tend to show CM off at its tactical best - the player is able to really concentrate on the wonderful detail built into the game rather than simply being content with the large 'brush strokes' necessary to complete large battles.

It's so much more rewarding when you get a up close and dirty - checking ammo counts, looking into unit combat modifiers to make sure you have the right team for the job etc.

It's the small things that set CM above the rest.

Tip for greater enjoyment of huge battles:

Buy and play CM1 games for a while (um... say 10 years).

The CM1 games are close to perfection regarding their level of abstraction for scenarios and campaigns that approach operational level with several battalions on each side etc.

Of course it's fine that folks like small scenarios, but from the POV of players like me, MOST of the CMBN and CMFI scenarios are small(!)

There are only a couple of large scenarios in the game lol.

Tip for greater enjoyment of huge battles:

Buy and play CM1 games for a while (um... say 10 years).

The CM1 games are close to perfection regarding their level of abstraction for scenarios and campaigns that approach operational level with several battalions on each side etc.

I would sort of endorse that. My average battle in x1 had the attacker as a reinforced battalion. I think my largest ever had a battalion of infantry, a company of tanks, a platoon of assault guns, and some other odds and ends including a battery of direct fire arty as well as a couple battalions of on call arty. I was after a major Soviet breakthrough attack.

Michael

Of course it's fine that folks like small scenarios, but from the POV of players like me, MOST of the CMBN and CMFI scenarios are small(!)

Try the Commonwealth module. Many of the scenarios are whale-ish.

And a Medium scenario in CM2 = a Huge one in CM1.

I have a couple of ideas sketched out for very large scenarios for the Bagration title. And I've got one monster tank battle on a very large map waiting for v2 to come along after which I can upgrade the 'Scottish Corridor' campaign. But for Normandy, I much prefer the reinforced company-sized missions myself.