CM BN Commonwealth forces worth it?

I'm going to be buying the game and i liked the demo and I'm thinking about picking the CM BN + commonwealth forces bundle that cost 65 dollars now rather than the 80dollars. My question is the following: Is the commonwealth forces worth it?

Yes.

The CW forces are very fun to play and require a different tactical style than the American forces (smaller squads and less firepower). Also, the CW module offers German additions like the Waffen SS units, again offering the player a richer, more diverse tactical universe.

Furthermore, the module gives you two great campaigns, a lot of scenarios and TONS of quick battle maps.

If you are going to get the game, get the CW module, too.

You won't regret it.

Macisle

I have been playing wargames for many, many years and without a doubt it is the finest representation of tactical warfare during the second World War that you will find.

In my view buying CMBN without the CW module is like having Fish without the Chips.

I have been playing wargames for many, many years and without a doubt it is the finest representation of tactical warfare during the second World War that you will find.

In my view buying CMBN without the CW module is like having Fish without the Chips.

Guess that makes the Arnhem module be the vinegar?

Worth it? I guess you mean is it worth the $35?

Well lets see, Do you enjoy the game? If the answer to that question is yes then its absolutely worth $35. Do the math, $6 a month for 6 months and you've paid for it.

You can't go to a movie or even buy a cup of fru-fru coffee for $6. If you enjoy the game at all then that's a great way to spend your entertainment dollar ... just my .02

Speaking of $0.02, Rocky, that is only a little under the per-hour amortized cost to me so far for the number of hours of CMBN entertainment I have received. No kidding...I did the math a couple of weeks ago for fun, and it came out to something like $0.07 an hour.

I pay far more for cable TV and get almost nothing for it.....

I'm going to be buying the game and i liked the demo and I'm thinking about picking the CM BN + commonwealth forces bundle that cost 65 dollars now rather than the 80dollars. My question is the following: Is the commonwealth forces worth it?

seems a bit redundant now you have bought it - but I rate CM expansions above food in my priorities as far as spending goes.

seems a bit redundant now you have bought it - but I rate CM expansions above food in my priorities as far as spending goes.

LMAO! That, my war gaming friends, is commitment!

And to answer the question...it's a subjective thing but I have yet to purchase any CM game either x1 or X2 that didn't give me 1000 X the return rate...I have said this MANY times before but the beauty of CM is not just fighting the scenarios or the campaigns it's the other myriad of ways one can enjoy it. It's more than a game.

Mord.

It's more than a game.

And that is the gist of it. CM (1 & 2) are like a sandbox we all play in, whereas many other games railroad you through a story, and when you finish in ten to thirty hours, that's it, game over. They are fun (if well done) for a short period of time, then they get uninstalled.

Yes, the CM games are a bit more expensive than the average computer game you might purchase at Wal-Mart or Bust Buy, but, as has been pointed out in this thread, when I factor in the amount of enjoyment, measured in time spent playing, that I have received from CMBO, CMBB, CMAK, and CMBN+CW, I think they are quite a bargain. I have several large plastic Rubbermaid containers in my basement that are full of computer games. Some I received a lot of enjoyment from. Others I only played a few hours and then uninstalled. The CMx1 games stayed installed on my hard drive until CMBN was released. That's, what? Ten years for CMBO? Pretty good investment, in my book.

Yes, the CM games are a bit more expensive than the average computer game you might purchase at Wal-Mart or Bust Buy ... <snip>

Its not more expensive than AA release games in my part of the world. Many new release titles run to $90 or $100 here. I have played battles in some camps for longer than it took to complete other games (or lose interest in them).

Spectacular value when I think of the enjoyment I have had from the CMx series.

Provided you actually play all of the content because you enjoy it, CM offers fantastic value compared to most games. A new full-featured game nowadays usually costs $50-$60 in the US, the large majority of which have way less content (playing time) than a CM module. For me the only title that competes in terms of play time per dollar is Civilization. Steam has logged how many hours I've spent on that. I'm not going to divulge the number, it's rather scary. :eek:

Of course, if you don't care for the game, then no number will be worth it to you. Pretty much a no-brainer. ;)