Deffinetly a very nasty bug

I've spent 2 hours plotting my move.

I've spent 1.5 hours replotting those same moves again, checking every possible spotting position and angle.

My scouts head into enemy territory.

My Infantry begin to move forward, spaced out to avoid bunching.

My Tanks start to move forward searching for the enemy.

My mortars open fire with smoke to conceal my forces as they approach the enemy held town.

My FO calls in 3 Batteries of 25 pounders to blanket the suspected enemy positions.

Another 30 minutes passes and now the scouts and Infantry storm from house to house and the Tanks engage the enemy.

:eek:And then it happens..... the very nasty bug.

The wife walks into my Bunker and says, " Im bored, take me shopping for shoes or a new handbag".:(

What to do ???

I'm thinking Tazzer time.....any suggestions ???

Hmmm, you need to just sit her down and explain what you've just done. Talk about the need to lead from the front. Discuss how men in combat will look to you to see what they should do. Go back in history and discuss the importance of tactics. I'd start with Cannae and work forward from there. Include 3 examples of battlefield tactics from every ephoch, obviously going into detail about why it worked or failed and how it could've been executed in a better manner. This would allow you to dovetail the effect of technology and its revolutionary impact on the battlefield. Tell her about ballistics. Start with fundemental physics in a vacuum and work up to coriolis effect on long range gunnery. Make it a give and take: ask her which she would prefer, and why, between the German 7.92mm spitzer, British .303, or US .30-06. Mention the Hague Conventions. Discuss nationalism, hegemony, global trade, and quality of life. Show her how much work that turn took. Tell her to give it a try. Then laugh at the results. Actually ridicule her, later, in front of mutual friends, regarding her tactical inexpertise. Show her how your sacrifice, your generalship, is allowing her the freedom to shop. Build an obstacle course in the backyard and have her run through it. This will show her how hard the battlefield can be. Use a bayonet, with gentle prods, to help over the higher walls. She will thank you, later.

:)

Ken

Ok, let me see if I have this right.:rolleyes:

Ignore her. ( check )

Bore her to death. ( check )

Stick her with a object. ( check )

Run her around and scream at her. ( check )

Ridicule her in front of her peers. ( check )

Tell her how important everything I do is compared to her. ( check )

Sorry guys but I'm affraid I do all that.... its called being married. :D

Tazzer = being able to stay infront of the computer while shooting her with a pair of small darts that then shock her with electricity when I press the trigger

Ignore her. ( check )

Tazzer = being able to stay infront of the computer while shooting her with a pair of small darts that then shock her with electricity when I press the trigger

$10 says you're too chicken to show that ^^^ to her! (I want to see her reading what you just wrote get filmed and uploaded to youtube!) :)

Ignore her. ( check )

"Sorry guys but I'm affraid I do all that.... its called being married".......to a sociopath.

The wife walks into my Bunker and says, " Im bored, take me shopping for shoes or a new handbag".:(

Wait, doesn't that involve putting on your cork hat, walking out of your clapboard shack into blazing desert heat, climbing into an ancient Austin pickup and then, raising a huge cloud of dust, driving her 300 miles along the "rabbit proof fence" to the nearest town?

Or am I (*shudder!*) cesspooling at this point?

save the game at that point. turn to her, smile and say "sure, lets go"... on the way, you explain how important the sim is, it gives you greater understanding to the sacrifices of young men that helped keep the country free..and that when at the next (fill in the blank) function how you feel you'll be able to explain how terrible it really was, and you're speaking of that only thru a sim... a very realistic sim, but still, not anywhere as important as she is.