Deffinetly a very nasty bug

Its amazing how much my hearing has improved since starting this thread.

When I hear the wife approaching and Im reading your posts I have to quickly click on another.

If the hearing fails me I may be on the evening news in the crimes of passion section.

The wife being passionate in killing me.

Me being passionate in staying a man and alive. :eek:

One suggestion that was made didnt work at all.....I pointed the remote at her and pressed pause....nothing....I paused again....nothing.

My conclusion is she is on another setting from the TV, which is probably why she talks through DVDs Ive selected. Either that or I need a universal remote.

Oh and why do wives have such small feet ?

So they can stand closer to the kitchen sink while doing the dishes :D

Cheers

The wife walks into my Bunker...

Wait... you have a bunker, and she can just walk inside? Clearly, your first problem is security. The question of what you should do when the wife infiltrates your bunker and demands to be taken shopping shouldn't have to be asked if the proper security measures are in place. That, or she's capable of defeating your security measures.

When I hear the wife approaching and Im reading your posts I have to quickly click on another.

Why would you have to do that ? Would it be because you have instigated a conversation that ultimately reduces your wife to the role of a prison guard and you would be profoundly embarrassed if you were to be caught by her discussing her in that way ?

If the hearing fails me I may be on the evening news in the crimes of passion section.

The wife being passionate in killing me.

Me being passionate in staying a man and alive. :eek:

The headline would more likely be "man tries 1970's UK style stand up comedy on a forum in 2012...evidence of time travel ?"

One suggestion that was made didnt work at all.....I pointed the remote at her and pressed pause....nothing....I paused again....nothing.

My conclusion is she is on another setting from the TV, which is probably why she talks through DVDs Ive selected. Either that or I need a universal remote.

I think you are mistaking her for a domestic robot, i suggest you use your time machine and go forward a few decades.

Oh and why do wives have such small feet ?

So they can stand closer to the kitchen sink while doing the dishes :D

All women have on average small feet compared to men i imagine, so your statement should of read...."Why do women have small feet?"......and the answer being "Because on average the female body is smaller than the male, so from a male perspective most women have small feet".

You need to face up to one simple fact: women are incapable of understanding why we would want to spend punishing hours re-enacting on the screen violent mayhem, destruction, and murder. That we would actually spend hard-earned money doing this just baffles them. It's like the way we will never understand why they would want to spend hours out of their lives under a hair dryer in a beauty salon getting their hair styled in a way that is unnatural and ugly. Or why they could possibly like pimento cheese sandwiches. It's just one of those things that permanently divides the sexes across an abyss of mutual incomprehension. Just count yourself lucky if for whatever reason she is occasionally willing to have sex with you.

Michael

You need to face up to one simple fact: women are incapable of understanding why we would want to spend punishing hours re-enacting on the screen violent mayhem, destruction, and murder. That we would actually spend hard-earned money doing this just baffles them. It's like the way we will never understand why they would want to spend hours out of their lives under a hair dryer in a beauty salon getting their hair styled in a way that is unnatural and ugly. Or why they could possibly like pimento cheese sandwiches. It's just one of those things that permanently divides the sexes across an abyss of mutual incomprehension. Just count yourself lucky if for whatever reason she is occasionally willing to have sex with you.

Michael

This is only anecdotal evidence, but most of the men i know are incapable of understanding why i would spend hours playing a wargame of any kind in any format.

On a philosophical level, i am loathe to use any collective terms when it comes to creatures as complex as human beings, but being a nerd i would say that wouldn't i :)

Very interesting.

Thank you everyone for a very entertaining thread, its been alot of fun so far and I'm not ashamed to say that I am a 70s child. :P

Its been a change from reading the usual forum material.

I was born in the UK in 1965, and was brought up on Benny Hill, Bernard Manning et al, but now when i look back at that era and the awful sexism and racism of the stand ups i would be ashamed to still like it, never mind use it.

If you want to see how far the UK has come sonce the 70's checkout the comedian Stewart Lee on youtube, he's fast becoming the most popular comedian in the UK, which almost makes me proud to be British.