Aris CW Vehicles Mods Thread

Fuser

Interesting about the climate tags coming over, opens up some interesting modding options in CMBN.

As for decals I will use them when I can apply them across 1 vehicle in a random fashion and they are generic enough to fit "any" setting.

This means they have to be on 1 texture only (to avoid mismatches) and I'm pretty much limited to numbers only.

In the "good ole days" we had this crazy app called CMMOS to switch out unit specific textures and what not but that just isn't gonna happen again so I try and keep it as simple as possible.

If the climate tags worked like the uniform tags then unit specific decals would be a lot more practical. I'd say overall bail on the decals if it meant an easier time.

AFAIK, [muddy] tag is enabled in CMBN v2.10 and some vehicles (maybe the ones that crossed over from CMFI?) have muddy textures.
There are a few muddy textures in the extracted .brz files for CMBN/MG. They seem limited to wheels and tracks. The only non-wheel or track I found was: daimler-dingo-hull [muddy].bmp

I think the decals look good but I feel that they are a luxury. You produce mods for your own pleasure so you must go with how you feel about it first but you are also doing it for the community at large (and that is hugely appreciated).

My guess is (and I am willing to be corrected) that more people would prefer to have more vehicles modded without decals rather than have fewer vehicles modded but with decals, particularly given the numbers of new vehicles coming out in GL and MG and in future packs etc.

your mods are without doubt the gold standard for vehicles so I think there is always going to be a great deal of demand for what you produce and that is said without diminishing anyone else's work.

AFAIK, [muddy] tag is enabled in CMBN v2.10 and some vehicles (maybe the ones that crossed over from CMFI?) have muddy textures.

You are right akd, oddly, some vehicles have (muddy) tag added for wheels , etc, and some others don't in the new module. For example, the STOCK Panzer III G has only got dry textures while others have seen their set enriched (from CMBN ol' times )with stock muddy textures.

The thing is,..this is getting,..um, messy. There isn't any official word or help for naming conventions from BFC either. It's up to us, I guess.

Just an example:

Back in the CMBN 1.0 times:

Panzer III turret .bmp (stock)

Panzer III turret 2.bmp (first variant)

Panzer III turret 3.bmp (second variant)

THAT WAS ALL :)

NOW:

For dry conditions ONLY:

Panzer III turret .bmp (stock)

Panzer III turret 2.bmp (first variant)

Panzer III turret 3.bmp (second variant)

Panzer III turret [muddy].bmp (in this case, as previously mentioned) invented by the modder, presumably possible but not ,surprisingly, (as it is possible now)added to base MG module).

...and...then what ?

Panzer III turret 2 [muddy].bmp?

...or even worse...

Panzer III turret 5 [mainland muddy].bmp?

Panzer III turret 2 [olive].bmp?

I mean, modding is kind of a mistery now, even for someone who is been modding Cmx2 continously for 2 years and a half.

Great work again Fuser. For what's it worth the decals look great but I've never used them. Like to keep my pixeltruppen pretty generic not identifying specific units. (This is except through the editor features, which if expanded would be brilliant!)

I like decals that give different vehicles different numbers or different paint jobs, but not insignia of different units. It's disconcerting when you see that tanks in the same platoon carry the markings of different divisions.

Thanks for always including generics!

Oddball, you greedy thing, give the man a break. ;-)

Nein!

No breaks for ze Aris-machine!

;)

Just anxious to get my favourite vehicle in a Fuserized version :)

Especially since there seems to be some sort of problem for me with the vanila textures (parts showing up white or almost white due to reflections in the shaders or something... don't ask me man, I'm no expert)

One question for you guys:

Since muddy, mainland, etc variants are no present in CMBN/MG, applying decals and markings is possible again (check the photos above "223" added...). Do you really use them, or just stick to the standard texture? Adding decals takes lots of time due to lack of references so if you really want...well, I gladly add them, if not,...time saved.

First off.. another big thanks for turning out such beautiful mods and even fixing a bug or two! Your skills when it comes to moding vehicles are second to none.

As to decals and markings.. I just love it when thats included and I use all of them. For me it makes the models pop even more and the extra diversity is a big bost for me.

Aris/Fuser,

You continue to take your vehicle mods to ever higher levels.

There remains (I think) just 1 CMBN CW vehicle (the Sexton) and two a/t guns (6 pounder and 17 pounder) which never got modded by you or anyone else.

By any chance do you plan to address these if/when you turn to modding the new Allied vehicles which appear in the Arnhem module?

Regards