CW is ready...

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Crap! ... 36 HOURS!!! That is much, much too long! People will be playing it and posting comments on it by then!!!! ... I was going to pre-order and have the CD shipped to an family member's house or something (don't want to pay shipping and import taxes to ship down to Mexico) ... but thought it not worth wasting a CD and shipping .... hmmm .... I won't make that same mistake with Market Garden!! :)

Nice news Battlefront ! Download was very fast and installation with no problems! Let's play and thanks for this great game!

you lucky, lucky bastard! Myself and the rest of the "download only" crowd have to wait for 36 HOURS to even have a shot at getting the game.

Please post some bones for the rest of us once you start playing.

Gentlemen shouldn't be comparing sizes. :)

But yeah, sizes differ depending on platform, i.e. the PC version has a different size than the Mac version (and on module-only vs. bundle, obviously)

Well personally I think that extremely unfair. If BF had offered a download only Pre order I would have bought it - but I dont want to pay postage and then import tax to get the game - distinctly unamused. The postage to europe is $20 then likely $10 - 15 for tax. So I pay twice the price.

Don't feel too bad. The record until someone posts here is about 5 minutes, anyway. I would delete it but someone else will post sooner or later, and it's now too late to un-announce it, anyway.

The other thing is that even if pre-order downloads are enabled, you still have to pre-order (and e.g. pay for shipping) in order to get it. People who do not want that (and want just the downlod) will have to wait for the official release (which is planned within the next 36 hours).

My apologies.just the same. It's funny; I seem to recall a similar warning in my preorder email.for.BN, which I actually read and heeded. I don't get excited about a whole lot these days but it really is an excellent game that I look forward to during my increasingly limited gaming time. Cheers.

Well that sucks. OK actually it is awesome, or it will be awesome once I can order it too.

Note to BFC: I would have gladly given you money for a pre-order but I have *no* desire to have any physical media mailed to me. Please, if you are going to give preferential downloading to those that pre-order - let those of us that only want a download to join the club

I am betting you guys were the ones who just had to tell everyone in the neighborhood that you got the latest comic book that no one else could get yet just to be first.

I used to take bags of dogs**t and set them on fire on your stoop. Come to think of it where are my matches? Okay does my frustration at not having gotten an invite on my pre order show. :-( C'mon somebody pick me to be on your team!

SLAPS forehead- doh I have my license key in my confirmation order!!!!

Well that sucks. OK actually it is awesome, or it will be awesome once I can order it too.

Note to BFC: I would have gladly given you money for a pre-order but I have *no* desire to have any physical media mailed to me. Please, if you are going to give preferential downloading to those that pre-order - let those of us that only want a download to join the club

+1 ... Here Here! Just have two options for "Pre-Order" ... Download Only and Download+disc. BattleFront will actually make a little extra $ on that deal! (no need to ship and no need to make the disc)

OK, now i installed the module, registered it and low and behold, all the scenarios and campaigns come up darkened out saying i have to get the module before i can play. WFT? Could someone please explain this to me

Sounds like you installed incorrectly.

PS. Just saw your second post. Yeah, Norton can be really stupid. Especially because the game is code signed so it should really have no reason at all for acting up.