CW is ready...

+1 ... Here Here! Just have two options for "Pre-Order" ... Download Only and Download+disc. BattleFront will actually make a little extra $ on that deal! (no need to ship and no need to make the disc)

Yeah ditto. Would happily per-order but I do not want the CD or to pay for shipping.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You're correct.

Sweet.

Seen as you are in an answering mood Moon..I have 6mins left on my CW download to go, yet I feel the urge to ask about Market Garden.

Do you envisage that module taking 12months to release or a lot less e.g. within 2012?

I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong. As I understand it UK orders will ship from Germany. Therefore, no import tax this time.

But the UK has a VAT tax that is independent of import tax. ... regardless of where it was made, it gets nailed with this percentage. (This is the same down in Mexico ... 16% down here)

In addition, there are the shipping charges to consider. .... and a lot of people just don't want the "stuff" ... I used to highly value my old vinyl records (and to a lesser extent my CD collection) .... but now I look at a music CD as something that takes up space. .... Music and Games are 100% digital for me. (even my books and magazines are going more and more that way too)

I think since this game applies to such a worldly crowd, team BF should just give the option to have a pre-order "Download Only" in addition to being able to opt for the physical disc if desired.

<snip>People who do not want that (and want just the downlod) will have to wait for the official release (which is planned within the next 36 hours).

Oh please don't make us wait anything like that long. We are ready to give you money now!

What is the criteria for deciding to open it up to the rest of us unwashed masses? Do you have to wait until a certain number of pre-orderers get it? In which case come on you guys get going. Or is it once the traffic has dropped off? In which case - nothing to see here move along hopefully a lot off people's email is down.

:D

OK, now i installed the module, registered it and low and behold, all the scenarios and campaigns come up darkened out saying i have to get the module before i can play. WFT? Could someone please explain this to me

Same here. About a minute later, a Norton (latest NIS) message popped up saying that "Suspicious. MH690.A" had been quarantined. It's from the CMCW exe file, so that appears to be the problem.

I'm in a holding pattern now and have taken no action on bringing it out of quarantine. What should I do?

(BTW, this is the first virus warning I've ever had following an installation on my system.)

Umm... I too didn't preordered because I just don't want/need a physical copy. I always preorder download only edition of games I like, so I'm not ideologically against preorder. When I download the game I'll back up the installer in my external HD, and that makes my backup copy.

Just a thought: in the BF shop the Module is still sold as "preorder". That means that in case I would buy it now, I also will get the chance to download it? In this case: will it be possible to ask for NOT deliver the physical copy? I seriously don't want it!

I won't even ask this if the delay would have been shorter, but 36 hours... :(

Thanks,

Ricroma

Same here. About a minute later, a Norton (latest NIS) message popped up saying that "Suspicious. MH690.A" had been quarantined. It's from the CMCW exe file, so that appears to be the problem.

I'm in a holding pattern now and have taken no action on bringing it out of quarantine. What should I do?

(BTW, this is the first virus warning I've ever had following an installation on my system.)

I have same issue......no word from BF yet on how to proceed?

There is no virus. If, during installation, you see that Battlefront.com, Inc. is the publisher, you can safely whitelist the file.

"Suspicious" means that Norton can't figure out what the file is. That's not surprising because it is encrypted (against hackers). Now, it shouldn't be flagging it because we are taking all the standard precautions to signal to AV programs that there is no virus. But crappy AV software (and IMO Norton is one of the worst) is known to ignore this.

You can also submit the file to Norton and they can adjust the virus definitions (if they feel like it).

Martin

You're correct.

Hi Moon,

Correct. No import tax. .... but the taxman always wins with the dreaded VAT tax! (which is a good incentive for making a "download only" option also available for Pre-Orders)

Hey. There's a pretty sizable group of people on this forum who are saying: "Please take our $35 ASAP!" :)

I wish my drivers could pass their 1500 rounds of 7.92 ammo to their MG42 gunner instead of sitting with it on their lap... :D

Combat Mission Battle for Normandy v1.10 features/changes

<snip>

* Halftrack gunners will "sit" when the vehicle buttons up.

<snip>

With the amount of changes, I think I'll wait to install it until my on-line playing partner and I are complete currents games. I don't want this to turn into a cluster f$$$ ... ;)

Thanks BFC.. looking forward to this new adventure ... :)

Regards,

Doug

On the virus thing, I remember having problems with CMSF once with AVG. The solution was turning off "Use Heuristics" in the scanner options. Might not be anything related to your problem but worth looking at. I think I had to reinstall though because it jacked up the file.

There is no virus. If, during installation, you see that Battlefront.com, Inc. is the publisher, you can safely whitelist the file.

"Suspicious" means that Norton can't figure out what the file is. That's not surprising because it is encrypted (against hackers). Now, it shouldn't be flagging it because we are taking all the standard precautions to signal to AV programs that there is no virus. But crappy AV software (and IMO Norton is one of the worst) is known to ignore this.

You can also submit the file to Norton and they can adjust the virus definitions (if they feel like it).

Martin

So Moon what do we do to be able to play the Module? Do we shut off Norton Virus protect and reload the module?

OK which is my serial key? my original one I got with cmbn?

go back to the email of your preorder, click that to take you to 'view your order" click the CM-CW module and it will take you to the download page and automatically populate your elicense. Copy that license as you will need it to activate. Press download, open beer....

Incidentally, this time around they do not appear to be overwhelmed at the server end. My download and install went very quick, no hiccups experienced. Good job BFC!!