CM:BN Screenshot Thread #2

Hi there

There are very beautiful screenshot on the forum,

How can I have this desaturated effect in the game

I have allready download the mod from Rambler (thanks) but I don't have this effect from -PictonNZ -Wilhelm Heidkamp -Capt. Ayers -Tashtego -Steiner14 -Jorge MC -sburke -Kenzie..and and and ???

All these pictures report the sad side of the war but (God damn) real,

Are these pictures taking from yours game or specialy reworked with photoshop gimp...only for the fun and the forum???

Or is this an option in your graphic card to choose?

Thk in advance

3j2m7,

My graphics card is an AMD Radeon HD 6670 1 GB. It's about 2 1/2 years old. When it was new it was just run of the mill. Nothing special. The card has color saturation controls, but I don't use them.

I have used Paint.net(FREE). It has controls to desaturate, sharpen, and much more. Everything you need to make a good pic.

Post some, let's see what they look like. You might be the CMBN Robert Capa.

Hello,

Looks like a (Opel hybrid) hope it works out for you. When I did that mod I was hoping to get some coloring like you see in these Opel pictures.

http://vincesgallery.smugmug.com/History/Opel-Blitz-Camo/i-t9gWPRS/A

but it did not work out. The lighting in this game is unforgiving.

By the way, if you’re interested I put another version of that King Tiger up. Planned on doing some zimmerit chipping and some other stuff but I will wait to see if that model gets updated. (Turret skin is missing all the Periscope view ports and gun is missing inside bore graphic etc. etc.). So at some point it will change.

Good Luck

Later ez

One question I had re these vehicles used in re-enactmemnts is that the camo is always beautifully sprayed on. Did they do that in WW2, or was it a crude paintbrush job?

Hi Erwin

This should answer your question - at least partially (can´t say if they always did it like that):

I think the proper caveat is "unless they were desperate". The only tanks I've seen that look like they've seen the business end of a paint brush seem to be very late war types rather than "summer of '44".

The (few) exceptions tend to stand out, like this JadgTiger that appears* to have had the lighter colour brushed on in a hurry.

panzer0627.jpg

*See the paint smear by the bow machine gun which appears to have been painted with a quick right to left stroke (hence the part circle of darker colour showing through), the general sloppiness, the lack of the characteristic colour blending which would denote spray gun work etc. Clearly without a photo of the painting process we can never "prove" it was brush painted, but it doesn't look like a neat or even a sloppy spray gun paint.

That King Tiger looks very sad to me.

Haha! Perhaps, there is scope for a children's TV show a bit like Thomas the Tank Engine but with various tanks from the Third Reich. Obviously, the above Tiger is Timothy the depressed Tiger. He's not keen on all this killing and wishes for a better more peaceful world - that's why he's so sad.

Haha! Perhaps, there is scope for a children's TV show a bit like Thomas the Tank Engine but with various tanks from the Third Reich. Obviously, the above Tiger is Timothy the depressed Tiger. He's not keen on all this killing and wishes for a better more peaceful world - that's why he's so sad.

I'm thinking he's depressed because except for a Sherman or two, he's missed out on all that killing. He IS a Jagd-Tiger after all.