New Combat Mission game Announced. Combat Mission: Afrika Korps!!!

2003 release! It's too soon. I haven't had my fill of getting done over in the East yet. Can't you put it back a bit? But the screenies do look tempting all the same. Oh. Go on then. Release it. You know you've got me hooked. Where are the van loads of de-programmers when you need them ;)

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by nevermind:

To anyone from BTS/BFC,

One HUGE question.This was taken from another post by someone else,but it also applys to me.

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Jaws:

[sNIPS]

.....CMBB doesn't work with the latest NVIDIA drivers and I see that as a major problem because there will be a time in the near future we will have to switch to new drivers to run other applications.

So,since CMAK is simply a rework of CMBB engine,will this be addressed in CMAK?If not,im screwed,and so is BTS/BFC if they want my money.I will not buy a different graphic card just to play it,and of course wont buy CMAK.

[EDITED to ensure this get answered] </font>

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: FUNTASTIC NEWS !!!!

BTW: I guess the first " Total Conversion " Mod for " Afrika Korps " will be an " Beyond Overlord " Mod to bring the " CMBB feeling " to the Western Front :cool:

Tom

[ April 04, 2003, 03:28 PM: Message edited by: Tom TCMHQ ]

Wow..You made my day..errr week :D

I quess this means CMX2 will be The western front..was the Med. considered too niche for marketing purposes? Did economics play a part in this decision?

Hey MM, how 'bout a screenie of a multi-turret vehicle..

Best news- No French Troops! :D

[ April 04, 2003, 03:19 PM: Message edited by: Flammenwerfer ]

Madmatt,

Thank you for your response.I have to admit,it is a very sticky situation for us all.One of the things i considered when buying my(at the time)brand new GeForce4 Ti4400(which i paid out the a*s for),was compatibility.I thought that by getting one of the larger graphics card manufacturers' products that i wouldnt run into these types of problems,but i guess they are universal problems.

I sincerely hope that this wont be a problem when CMAK is relesed,but as you said it is too soon to say for sure.

Thank You for your time,and keep up the good work!

YES! I'll get to cream Nazis with Canadian troops!!! :D Sicily, Ortona, hmm... :cool: GO CANADA! last war we had a decent army, speaking of which:

"Top Ten Reasons Why Canada Will Not Join USA in The War On Iraq

10. We have no way of getting there.

9. We are too busy at home with the Maple Syrup Season.

8. After 136 years, we are still copying off France.

7. Saddam's name pronounced backwards is "MAD ASS". We'll stay away from him.

6. There is only limited potential for sales of Canadian Bacon in Iraq after the war.

5. Our Sea King Helicopter was damaged and needs repairs.

4. Celine Dion can't sing to the troops because she has a contract in Las Vegas.

3. The rivers in Iraq are too shallow for our war canoes.

2. Lousy hockey in Iraq at this time of year.

1. Our army is needed at home in case of another snow storm in Toronto."

Originally posted by Tom TCMHQ:

BTW: I guess the first " Total Conversion " Mod for " Afrika Korps " will be an " Beyond Overlord " Mod to bring the " CMBB feeling " to the Western Front :cool:

Tom

I'm wondering how much we will need it. Italy should get us European terrain: grass, trees, pines, etc (maybe not bocage?). It should function perfectly in combat terms as Westfront, even if a mod might make the screen look more like Northern France and less like the Mediteranean.

Anyway, that's one reason I'm delighted the game will go to 1945--we can really take it into the CMBO theatre, too, since we'll have the needed terrain and equipment. Now we can refight CMBO battles with the new engine. The ability to import maps from CMBO would make my day complete, but I'm not counting on it.

;)

Thanks BFC! :D

"The new engine is being developed separately from CMAK. The working title for this second generation engine is CMX2 but the devolvement time on this engine will take at least another year if not more to complete. In the coming months more information about CMX2 will be released."

Devolvement? Really? A step backwards? smile.gif

OK, THE question -

Will these improvements be available for CM:BB?

C'mon, T-35, you KNOW we want it!

Originally posted by Wilhammer:

"The new engine is being developed separately from CMAK. The working title for this second generation engine is CMX2 but the devolvement time on this engine will take at least another year if not more to complete. In the coming months more information about CMX2 will be released."

Devolvement? Really? A step backwards? smile.gif

OK, THE question -

Will these improvements be available for CM:BB?

C'mon, T-35, you KNOW we want it!

Whoops! Typo fixed. As to the other question, as I said already NO, CMBB will not get any of the changes that are going into CMAK.

Madmatt

Does this mean will get mountains as a terrain feature? Gotta have mountains to do Italy properly.

Beaches? Gotta have beaches to do the amphibious landings (or I guess, will there be the amphibious tracked vehicles modeled? LCT, LCV, LCI?).

So looking forward to sucking in CMAK too :D

I wonder...

1) Since there will be no Russian peasant conscripts in CMAK, will it still have the annoying 'the more waypoints, the longer the command delay' feature? The vast disparity in training and C&C between early war Soviet and German forces that was the justification for this will not be present here (AFAIK, some grog may correct me).

2) Will we be going to a system of 'rarity by availability' or will we stay with 'rarity by price manipulation'?

3) Will we finally get a roster/OOB feature?

4) Will the PBEM setup preceedure be modified to preclude cheating by the game creator?

5) Will we get the Ambush command back?

[ April 04, 2003, 04:00 PM: Message edited by: Vanir Ausf B ]