New Combat Mission game Announced. Combat Mission: Afrika Korps!!!

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To add to all the other questions, here's another one ... (if you get a chance to answer)

Will there be any change to the campaign structure of the game ?

As its the same game engine I doubt it, but the ability to carry forward units from battle to battle would be excellent.

If it could be done being able to import all one sides 'servicable' units from a saved game and then use remaining points to top-up would make a good addition to the campaing play.

================================================

As for the lack of French forces ..... this is a desert campaing against a brutal, oppressive regime !!! ;)

Originally posted by Lou2000:

Will there be any change to the campaign structure of the game ?

As its the same game engine I doubt it, but the ability to carry forward units from battle to battle would be excellent.

If it could be done being able to import all one sides 'servicable' units from a saved game and then use remaining points to top-up would make a good addition to the campaing play.

I'am suprised nobodys mentioned this yet, this is the main feature I want please consider it BFC

Excellent!!! :eek: Can't wait, an early bonus!! Much as I (convince myself) I like the Eastern front I can't wait to get back to the West (at least I can understand what half of the forces are saying) :D

A problem with a Western front 'total conversion' of CMBB would be getting Russian 'behaviour' etc for allied troops. Not the case here. Tom has already suggested it might happen, being based on CMBB, hope he's working on it.

AND........direct purchase from US for Europeans....Yes!!!!!!! smile.gif

[ April 05, 2003, 02:28 AM: Message edited by: Apache ]

Looking forward to this one as I'm quite fond of the north African campaign.

Will we get those very cool LRDG & SAS dessert trucks?................we'd be able to do some really gamey tactics with those ;)

Oh, and will we get portee AT guns?

Originally posted by nevermind:

To anyone from BTS/BFC,

.....CMBB doesn't work with the latest NVIDIA drivers and I see that as a major problem because there will be a time in the near future we will have to switch to new drivers to run other applications.

So,since CMAK is simply a rework of CMBB engine,will this be addressed in CMAK?If not,im screwed,and so is BTS/BFC if they want my money.I will not buy a different graphic card just to play it,and of course wont buy CMAK.

[EDITED to ensure this get answered] [/QB]

Hi nevermind

Here is the way I got CMBB And CMBO to run just fine , On our new system running WIN XP and the latest drivers..... I had also ran into hardware and software problems....... I had an old drive on the shelf , with enough room for a OS and

the the two games I MUST have ! ......plugged that into my system....(After I had reformatted the drive )........loaded Win ME then Loaded the drivers I knew would work with these games......I think version Nivdia 28.32 ...

(you can still get the 28.xx drivers out on the net)....then CMBB And CMBO ........so now my wife can run her Win XP with all the Extras

she likes... And by hitting the Delete Key as I power up the system to get to the bios , I can choose the hard drive I want to boot from , mine

or hers ( I know the BIOS seems kind of scary to some , but remember it is just a tool) lots of info out on the net about dual boot systems.

So even though I have a new system I can still play all the old games I love.............

you can always e mail me if you have a question.

ndwalk95521@yahoo.com

bobnickbob

I demand, I repeat, I demand at least a South African paint scheme on some vehicles for our woeful South African troops that fought in North Africa.

Charl Theron

header_Winelands02.gif

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

</font>

This is a very nice surprise!

Logical though;I suppose much of the work has already been done around the units and main game mechanics, with CMBB and CMBO. Using all of that and then adding some new artwork, ToE's and some new featres is a great way to filling the, likely, big gap up to the 'new engine' release.

Just a few requests (hopes)

Mountainous terrain: not so much higher terrain, although that would be good, but something that looks 'rocky' (look at pictures of the fighting around Monte Cassino)

Anti-tank ditches: these never made it into CMBB but really need to be available for Tobruck battles and Italy.

Gun-Pits: not just the dug in guns seen in Europe and Russia. The nature of the ground in much of N. Africa allowed really deep pits, such that the Germans were often able to have the barrels of their AT guns virtually flush to the ground. Or the original Italian concreted gun pits at Tobruck.

Add another request/plead for small campaign wrapper. It'd be much easier to do than some other stuff being worked on and it'd give a real boost for the solo-play experience. Even customized operation in-game briefings would be much appreciated. And that's an ability to stick single text file into the op. Ooh, while we're at it, debriefing text would be nice too. "3rd battalion opened a line in the front allowing resupply of 2nd armoured.."

Another really-nice-and-stupidly-easy-to-do addition would be command line loading of PBEM files. That is, being able to associate *.cmak-files with the game executable.

Guys? Guys?

Originally posted by History Buff:

Great to see the Aussies there, can't wait for Tobruk!!!!!!!! Oh BFC please oh please don't double up on voices. Us Aussies don't speak like Brits or Americans!!!!!! I'll nominate for voices if you want. smile.gif

I'm guessing that Dan Olding may have that job already nailed but if you're looking for some local flavour (i.e. South Australian accents rather than those 'orrible Eastern seaboard ones) I'm your man. smile.gif

Regards

Jim R.

Originally posted by Ant:

Will we get those very cool LRDG & SAS dessert trucks

Are those the ones that carry trifles, spotted dick, bread and butter pudding, and sticky toffee pudding? With custard in the radiators?

Sorry, the image was too arresting not to run with it... ;)

But it would be excellent to have the units to model rear-area raids.

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh

I'm pleased to announce the first website devoted to CM3; official unveiling will be tonight at about midnight MST. Stay tuned here for further details.
Forget your bleedin' website. How about a return file for so we can meet the ROW III deadline!

;)

Regards

Jim R.

[ April 05, 2003, 04:24 AM: Message edited by: Kanonier Reichmann ]

This is good news, since NA is my other front of interest in addition to Eastern Front. About the availability though; the English version will be available direct from BFC, so does this mean that you won't be able to buy it from retailers in Europe?

That's a bit of a drag, since I don't have a credit card nor do I ever plan to have one (unless some carded Finn would be interested in helping me out).

Originally posted by Determinant:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Ant:

Will we get those very cool LRDG & SAS dessert trucks

Are those the ones that carry trifles, spotted dick, bread and butter pudding, and sticky toffee pudding? With custard in the radiators?

Sorry, the image was too arresting not to run with it... ;)

But it would be excellent to have the units to model rear-area raids. </font>