North Africa Mini Mod

• 2 weeks later...

Guys,

This is simply tremendous. With a "T" and then some! I have direct experience with palm trees, since we planted several tiny ones (maybe a foot tall) at our newly built Arizona home when I was in elementary school. Decades later, they were well over two stories high and about two feet or more thick in the trunk. Would show you the pic, but one of the owners cut them down and put in shade trees. Much of the North African desert was so flat that battles for fought for tiny hummocks only a few feet higher than the surrounding area. Why? So FOs and such could see farther!

Regards,

John Kettler

Edited by John Kettler

• 3 weeks later...

@Erwin You are very welcome! :)

If you ever want to play an Africa PBEM, let me know! I have 2 going on but always room for another. 

My "Matildas" of 4RTR are slowly attacking toward Hauptman @nathangun 's 88's at Halfaya Pass and in the 2nd a small 8th Army supply depot is being ravaged by a DAK recon force under Hauptman @Bud Backer.

Edited by kohlenklau

Thanks for the offer, Koh.  Because of my travel and other stresses I have only played a very small scenario by PBEM once.  I would be a frustrating oppo as weeks or months can go by without me having the time to complete a PBEM turn.  For now, I content myself with collecting all your wonderful mods.  :) 

You have done very well with the available resources!  I like the way you are making all of your work available to others.  Good work!  I would also like to see more for the African front.  Maybe after Battlefront reaches the end of the war in all of its current projects.

• 2 weeks later...

I peeked and it was a great show. Very nice work. Thanks for your efforts pappagoat.

I am not doing so much NOW in the desert  but your contribution kind of gets me invigorated.

I have been busy over in the Hurtgen forest at CMFB lately or in CMFI GL Ortona demolishing buildings along Corso Vittorio Emanuele to stop the Canucks.  

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, kohlenklau said:

Due to time constraints, I will write the first scenario for allied human vs axis AI only. 

Thank you for your efforts on Sid Bou Zid.  Look forward to playing when ready.  Will all the other Afrika Mods be packaged with it?

@Badger73

No. A few weeks ago tried to upload Hurtgen mods with Hurtgen scenarios, I learned TSDIII at FGM maxes out at 50MB.

So, it must be separate if stored there.

But for my dropbox self-serve, there is no issue!

However, the vehicle mods are mostly pappagoat's so it depends on his wishes/plan.

This first scenario will be a small subset so I can make a special folder with one download link. You'd still have to send mods to z folder and scenario to scenario folder.

3 hours ago, kohlenklau said:

@Badger73

No. A few weeks ago tried to upload Hurtgen mods with Hurtgen scenarios, I learned TSDIII at FGM maxes out at 50MB.

So, it must be separate if stored there.

But for my dropbox self-serve, there is no issue!

However, the vehicle mods are mostly pappagoat's so it depends on his wishes/plan.

This first scenario will be a small subset so I can make a special folder with one download link. You'd still have to send mods to z folder and scenario to scenario folder.

Understood about Mods in "Z" and battle in "Scenario" folders.  One download link is most helpful.  To me, the best way to promote Afrika mods is as a bundle for each scenario which includes the *.btt battle with everything else "Z" folder related together.  Otherwise people months from now won't know what ties together and how to do it.  Thanks again.