North Africa Mini Mod

• 6 months later...

Hi Phil @kohlenklau
Just finished playing Kasserine Rearguard and had great fun.
Generally a very well constructed little battle. I really liked the briefing´s explanation for the composition of the forces - and the artillery reinforcement "easter egg" had me laugh out loud. Brilliant! 😂

I won a total victory, so perhaps I´d placed my forces really well. If not, then the scenario is a bit too easy. Doesn´t matter too much for me either way - as I said, I had great fun. Thanks a lot for making a sharing it.

Cheers

kasserine1.jpg?dl=1kasserine2.jpg?dl=1

I also played the KRG 'teaser' battle the other day and had some fun.  Sadly I lost to a Panzer III right at the end, oh well.

I've currently switched to your Wacht am Rapido campaign, another great piece of work.  So far so good, but I feel pain might be coming...

As for aliens, I thought you have them all in Area 51?

Edited by Vacilllator

• 5 months later...
On 4/15/2021 at 6:51 PM, Erwin said:

Those of us who were waiting patiently for early war etc need to be making more noise I suppose.

I've been bashing that drum for.... FOREVER! Time for the rest of you fine folk to step the F'n UP! Even if a a tad bit too late! 🦴

Edited by Blazing 88's

• 2 weeks later...

@t34577685

Hey Wang, please watch the above video. At about 0:25 you can see the axis Italians wearing allied shorts mdr I renamed from British. BUT they have the canteen and some gasmask bag! Right? So, maybe IF the filename of the gear is the exact same, then the game engine can properly assign and display the gear to the renamed mdr? 

7 hours ago, kohlenklau said:

Hey Wang, please watch the above video. At about 0:25 you can see the axis Italians wearing allied shorts mdr I renamed from British. BUT they have the canteen and some gasmask bag! Right? So, maybe IF the filename of the gear is the exact same, then the game engine can properly assign and display the gear to the renamed mdr? 

Hi,Phil.

yes.

My understanding is as follows:

1. Each soldier's MDS will set several anchor points with the gear (such as shovel, backpack, canteen  etc) in different positions, and each anchor point will have a MDR file name.

2. The video shows Italian infantry, whose file name must be "Italian soldier. MDS", but the real content of this MDS must be "CW soldier short. MDS", and the body of "CW soldier short. MDS" will have the British Army's canteen, backpack, bayonet and other gear anchor points. I think it must be the Italian Army's canteen and the British Army's canteen with the file name of "canteen. MDR", so in these videos, the soldier's waist appears the Italian canteen instead of the British Army's canteen.

3. But the gas mask bag is very strange. I don't have this anchor point in my impression of "CW soldier short. MDS", but I don't know how to show it.

4.In order to make cmfi  US, French and Brazilian Army have backpacks, I tried to rename the backpack.MDR to shovel. MDR.     I thought the 3D coordinates of the backpack in the 3D model space were Fixed value, and the backpack would appear on its own back. As a result, the backpack appeared at the waist。🤪

5.For example, can do the following tests:

a)Rename"Italian soldier. MDS"to" M43 Soviet army. MDS ".

b)Rename several " M43 Soviet army gear. MDR " to "Italian soldier gear. MDR" name, because the content of " M43 Soviet army. MDS " now is a "Italian soldier. MDS".The file name that MDS adapts to gear depends on the content of MDS rather than the file name of MDS .

c)and then use photoshop to do some work with the uniform texture,

d)an early Eastern battlefield of Russian soldiers may achieve.

11 hours ago, kohlenklau said:

You should try to make it! I know you could do it if you learn just some simple basics on Blender.

I started the Blender, with the help of my son ...
but apart from making JM laugh, the result is inconclusive
on the other hand I will be able to make the textures on Photoshop
Here is already the regulation barrel of 200 liters of the German army

21050903190740278.jpg

44 minutes ago, Falaise said:

but apart from making JM laugh, the result is inconclusive...

21050903190740278.jpg

Huuu !!!

Stephane I think you make you a wrong Idea from what I am thinking about you and your creations...

I am always there to help you and perhaps one day I will need myself your help, I am already happy to see that you make progress in this domain, and believe me sometime I am also biting my keyboard when I see the result in the game comparing with the result in Blender...

Fenchmenvotre😉

JM

I was having a smoke and a drink and it suddenly came to me! Weird stuff. 

I did things different than before. AND....I now see the small domed mosque in CMFI!

I have a few little issues to square away and she will be good to go. :-)

I think my heart leads back to North Afrika. A "CM Modding Man-hour" is better spent where there is known interest. I can make a trio of obscure mods and nobody will much play them.

So, I think I should stay more on CMFI North Afrika Mod and write scenarios and campaigns and create things in blender.

Edited by kohlenklau