North Africa Mini Mod

@Blazing 88's  We got some Flak 88's coming soon to defend Halfaya Pass! :D

No cruiser tanks but we got some bashed up Honeys...

I got a buddy who I asked pretty please with a cherry on top to crank out Rommel's "GREIF"...

I want to finish up the Bersaglieri uniforms and add some sergeant stripes on some shirts and such.

Anybody got any ideas for scenarios? Maybe somebody can remake a few favorites from CMAK for old times sake.

@Blazing 88's  We got some Flak 88's coming soon to defend Halfaya Pass! :D

No cruiser tanks but we got some bashed up Honeys...

I got a buddy who I asked pretty please with a cherry on top to crank out Rommel's "GREIF"...

I want to finish up the Bersaglieri uniforms and add some sergeant stripes on some shirts and such.

Anybody got any ideas for scenarios? Maybe somebody can remake a few favorites fromC CMAK for old times sake.

Cool!...  Yeah, yesterday I fired up CMAK to try and get some ideas for scenarios from within it for this mod.  I am going to try and convert some of the board wargame 'Tobruk' scenarios that were created for CMAK by someone.  I gathered screen captures of the parameters, briefings, Oob's for  'WBRP - TAHGC TOBRUK Scenario #2, The Group Cruwell Feint" (1942 opening of the Gazala battles).  I was thinking I would just use your map for it and make the size of the map like it was in CMAK... That was where it ended, for now, I just do not have the time to get this done at the moment.  I will try and see what I can do when I can.  If all goes well I will eventually try and convert more... tick tick tick time however.

Edited by Blazing 88's

Gary, I still don't think you have the proper terrain in there for that screenshot or maybe you have some other mod conflicting with mine or what?

By the way, I put the CMSF mini ground modtagged as [africa] in the terrain folder in the dropbox so that will fix that problem with distant views seeing blotches. :D

This weekend I will expand the map from 500x500 to 1000x1000 and create a new simple scenario named "Sonnenblume" that tries to show the DAK just arriving in North Africa in February of 1941. A few axis vehicles special modtagged [africa sonnenblume} that show more or mostly early panzer grey with mud or simple yellow over spray or crosshatching.

UPDATE: I phoned Heinrich505 and did distance support and we fixed the problem by having him download and reload AFTER I uploaded my latest version. :D

Now we are playing a PBEM of me as the 8th Army attacking him at Halfaya Pass. He is playing the role of Papa Bach of I/104 with some Flak 88's. I am attacking with the "Matildas" of 4RTR. Can you guess what I will use as a stand-in? Keep an eye for screenshots!

The video looks good.  A decent Africa mod may be enough to get me to buy CMFI+GL.  I've been waffling on it since it came out.  I was going to wait for the next expansion and then buy the full pkg at a discount (will still be well over $100 CDN though), but an Africa mod may convince me.  CMAK for some reason was my favourite CMx1 game...  

Edited by aleader

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. But you can't beat the price probably!

It is just a mini mod for fun and already I have enjoyed a few PBEMs and getting back into the history of the desert campaign. It is where I first started back in grade school when I found a war book on the library shelf. 

These are works in progress so hold off throwing the tomatoes!

wip_zpscdzlkvaz.jpg

@aleader If you wait for the next module to CMFI I predict you will be waiting til around Halloween of 2016 or so. Maybe even early 2017!

Please just buy the CMFI GL bundle now and after you do, PM me what kind of africa scenario you would like to play and as a special gift, I will make it for you to the best of my ability.

Edited by kohlenklau

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. But you can't beat the price probably!

It is just a mini mod for fun and already I have enjoyed a few PBEMs and getting back into the history of the desert campaign. It is where I first started back in grade school when I found a war book on the library shelf. 

These are works in progress so hold off throwing the tomatoes!

wip_zpscdzlkvaz.jpg

I love the "Brew Up" picture on the truck's door. Nowadays the most common writing on a van or truck here in Limeyland is "Clean Me". 

Thanks for your continues work on this mod. Good stuff ! :)

I have been doing some other things for a few weeks but i will soon get cracking working on my first africa scenario ones again.

I have tried your flat-roofed buildings and they look very good. I will most certanly use them in a future scenario but in this first one it would require an almost complete 

remake of the map to fit them in.

Looking forward to your next 'add-on' in this mod-pack...

good work !

I decided to do a scenario as a by-product of a PBEM with Heinrich505. It will be called "Tobruk Easter Sunday 1941" and the longer Heinrich takes to play me, the bigger the map gets and the size of the battle! I will play as an Australian Battalion Commander (Leftenant Colonel Kohlen-Penny) and Heinrich is a Mechanized Battalion-Fuhrer with Group Ponath.

077009c4-ba75-40bf-a528-b2aefa02ccc9_zps